FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Recommendation for telescopic or long handled landing net  (Read 4045 times)

taxid

I'm looking for high quality long handled or telescopic fairly deep bagged landing net that has a mesh that is either soft or rubber to be as gentle on fish as possible for catch and release (actually moving large steelhead and browns from pond to another on my fish farm).

I bought what what I thought was a good rubber mesh one at a local Bait & Tackle store and it didn't hold up (The hoop has broken free of the aluminum handle and it can't be repaired).

I'm not afraid of paying more for quality.

I see some that may be good at BPS and Cabelas online, but am nervous about not seeing them in person to judge the quality. (Nearest BPS and Cabelas are about 2 hours away.)

Thanks!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

Mac Attack

Re: Recommendation for telescopic or long handled landing net
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2020, 11:46 AM »
Ego S2

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2020, 12:16 PM »
Thank you gentlemen! Is the rubber mesh the easiest on the fish?

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2020, 12:25 PM »
Looked at the reviews and it seems either people really like the Ego S2's with no problems or they had the extended handles break. Do you guys personally use one?

filetandrelease

« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2020, 12:42 PM »
  having fully extended with a fare amount of weight in them did tweet the handle on the first run Egos   , I have 1 and a bud tweaked my first 1, got the handle replaced
  I close off the basket and pick vertically on all my nets never have had an issue and much easier to lift , plus they float ,

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2020, 02:14 PM »
  having fully extended with a fare amount of weight in them did tweet the handle on the first run Egos   , I have 1 and a bud tweaked my first 1, got the handle replaced
  I close off the basket and pick vertically on all my nets never have had an issue and much easier to lift , plus they float ,

Good point. Lifting a heavy fish horizontally can be hard on the pole and is not easy to boot.

filetandrelease

« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2020, 04:57 PM »

Plus in a smaller boat nobody gets poked

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2020, 05:23 PM »
Plus in a smaller boat nobody gets poked

True.

You know you have to wonder about some of the really bad reviews when there are lots of people that give a product 5 stars. Maybe they're just dumb, can't read directions, or good at breaking things?

I'll never forget a really bad review for a vertical sliding window the wife and I bought for our exercise room. The guy that gave it a bad review said the top of the window kept falling down. Someone replied, "You dumb*** you hung the window upside down!"  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

filetandrelease

« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2020, 05:31 PM »

Lmao

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Sep 19, 2020, 06:52 PM »
I ended up with the Ego S2 with a deeper bag rubber net.

Thank you gentlemen!

lowaccord66

« Reply #13 on: Sep 23, 2020, 12:38 PM »
I ended up with the Ego S2 with a deeper bag rubber net.

Thank you gentlemen!

I'm going to check them out too.

filetandrelease

« Reply #14 on: Sep 23, 2020, 02:02 PM »
I'm going to check them out too.
I have the 22x23” basket and I believe it’s now 3 years old

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.