FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NEW YORK SPORTSMAN  (Read 6128 times)

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
Re: NEW YORK SPORTSMAN
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2004, 12:27 PM »
I started a thread on the MFF general forum about your local newspaper's coverage of outdoors and fishing topics. Generally, the posts there indicate there is very little relevant information available to NY State fishermen (and women) about fishing in their area.

Why is there is no information from national, regional or local publications on local fishing for NY fishermen, in an area that has such an outstanding and diverse fishery?  ???   (I think there are more than just a couple of us out here and despite the stereotype, we spend money on our affliction and most of us even know how to read)?!  ???   ;)

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

got em

« Reply #16 on: Mar 28, 2004, 08:55 PM »
 ;) still have my new yorksportsmen hat.shirt and pin..wouldnt trade them for the world..to bad this mag is gone.. :'( :'(

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2004, 09:50 PM »
In my opinion ny game and fish is no where the the same quality mag as new york sportsman was.
Ditto, I really enjoyed readiing NY Sportsman, And I too have a stash of old copies. Their location of the month article featuring a lake map was my favorite. If I remember C. Scott Sampson was one of the writers and wrote some books on fishing in NY. All those articles and the maps that came with them would make a good book. I would buy one myself.
That other magazine is a cookie cutter affair and you will find 70% of the articles are general not NY State specific. When they sold NY Spoortsman to the imposter they tried to force it on me to fulfill my subscription. I called them and said no way I don't even want it!!!
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

madbomber

« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2004, 05:52 AM »
boy if someone was to offer a book with the maps and articals related to the maps I would also buy it. Seams like some one in the bussines would fill this void with a better mag than ny fish and game.looks like their would be a strong market.
MADBOMBER

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2004, 02:28 PM »

For those of you in Western New York, the Sanders guide covering WNY streams and lakes has just been redone and released. The Finger Lakes guide is presently being updated , and according to John sanders should be released NEXT
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2004, 02:33 PM »
(Sorry Bout That - I'll pick up where I left off)
   NEXT spring. I f you haven't seen one of the Sander's Guides, they have a lot of information about all the places you know, but also the not too common places to fish. Kind of remind me of the maps that used to be in the NY Sportsman.

"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

hosscletuslulu

• PERCHPULLER
« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2004, 05:44 PM »
I have some old copies of the sanders guides very good would like to see updated versions for sure

devil-man

« Reply #22 on: Mar 30, 2004, 01:42 AM »
C Scott Sampson is putting out a new edition this year.
It may already be out there. Great resource!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.