FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Where to begin on the Salmon River?  (Read 5932 times)

deerslayer92163

Re: Where to begin on the Salmon River?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 18, 2004, 09:49 PM »
jigwiggler
         if you ever want to hook up and do double drft boat trip let me know it cost 330.00 for a trip w/a 2 night stay at the motel i go around the 21 of sept the 330.00 is for two people so if you have a freind that likes to go it really only cost each of you 165.00 each i always have my 7 yr old w/me but if they know were together they'll park the boats next to each other you al;so can learn alot about it from the guides they dont tell you to much but you can pick up alot by watching them
after that trip i drive up for the next couple of weeks and fish on my own w/my boat last year we only got two w/the guides but it was great watching my son catch a 30 pounder he'll never forget that one

Jigwiggler

« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2004, 06:21 AM »
     Deerslayer,
      Sounds like a definate possibility, I usually head up the 3rd week in Sept.  Alot of changes going on at work right now so I can't make any plans at this time.  I will IM you as when we get closer.  I didn't think it was legal to be on the water without lights at night.  Anyway, do you just anchor and let your egg sacs sit just off the bottom?  Are you fishing past the break wall in the lake or right in the river mouth by the Port Ontario launch?  I fished further up in the estuary last season and all I caught were bass and pike.  There were not a lot of fish in at the time though.  I like the fresh fish in the lake but found a fly pattern that really kicked a_ _ in the river last year.  Now I torn, lake fish fight better but, if the fish are in the #'s are alot better in the river.  Thanks for the info.

Jigwiggler
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

deerslayer92163

« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2004, 07:46 AM »
i dont think its leagal to fish without lights either but every body does it so i just do like them i do have a switch close at hand though i wont be making reservations until sometime in may or june i like to get there fri fish fri night and i go home on sun morn we park our boat right at the edge of the breakwall its in the river but as long as your past the wall its considered the lake but there are always 5-10 boats on the inside of thewall never seen any tickets given out ive been doing it for 7-8yrs now right there at the lighthouse launch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.