FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HAVING A GET TOGETHER ONCE A YEAR TO MEET EACH OTHER  (Read 5772 times)

bigdave1018

HAVING A GET TOGETHER ONCE A YEAR TO MEET EACH OTHER
« on: Mar 19, 2004, 07:01 AM »
im new to the room. i think its a good idea to get together, maybe a cookout, once a year to meet each other dicuss the room improvements, and just basicly have a good time. what do you think?

perchslayer25

Re: HAVING A GET TOGETHER ONCE A YEAR TO MEET EACH OTHER
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2004, 07:17 AM »
My mother says not to talk to strangers...lol...it would be great...good idea
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2004, 07:33 AM »
well they already have a big caneasus lake bbq and tourny, but it's to far west for me and that seems to be the problem .everytime we try to get together can't agree on a place or time.but give it a shot suggest a place and time.oh and theres the therapy cesscions at the bayside.ask RG he'll fill you in
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2004, 07:33 AM »
2 years ago, i started something like this for iceshanty on conesus lake with great success. this year it was continued by buckshotjon, with even better success.... a warm water version of this would be cool. maybe at a lake where there was a nice park right by the boat ramps. that way we could dock and party, even have another derby this way! maybe meet in the park first in the morning before putting the boats in, to see if some come without boats or some come by themselves in a boat and are willing to take a freind out with them! someplace too where it is fishable off shore incase some arent good with boats.... whatever the situation may be. it could happen, lets work on this! it worked well on the ice! ;D

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2004, 08:57 AM »
Sounds good to me ;D
Harold

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2004, 09:35 AM »
HELLLLLLP,

This Marine is needing THERAPY!!!!  RG man you got to do something....LOL

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

reubenpa

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2004, 10:08 AM »
That would be great!!  I don't have a boat and if nobody would take me out in there's I would just try my best from shore, that wouldn't stop me, and I am sure that I wouldn't be the only one so I would probably have people to talk to there on shore!!!!! 
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Browntrout08

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Count me in if it's within reasonable driving distance from Buff.  I thinks it's a good idea.

devil-man

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2004, 04:10 PM »
Great idea!
Silver Lake is a lot better during the open water season, and the State launch is also a park. Shore fishing is definitely worth-while, I've done it many, many times with some success. Just an idea. There are some monster pike in there, and some nice bass, if you know where to go. Perch are hard to find but plentiful.

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2004, 06:20 PM »
Where 'bouts is Silver Lake?
Harold

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2004, 11:28 PM »
This sounds like a great idea.

Perhaps Oneida would provide a good central location?

Someone who knows the water and lay of the land will have to weigh in and add more details if we give Oneida any serious thought.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2004, 06:00 AM »
It's the same problem every time this topic comes up. Members are pretty well spread out. Choosing a central location can be difficult.  I know All the state parks that have launches and picnic facilities and many come to mind as great spots for a gathering.

How about Seneca Lake State Park at the North end of the lake? Big park, great facilities.  I'm not interested in running a derby but a picnic gathering would be nice.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bigdave1018

« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2004, 06:04 AM »
fairhaven state park has the same fac. RG and equally as good shore fishing. the lauch site is goodsize,theres a real nice beach,picnic tables and grills, a playground for  the kids.

bigdave1018

« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2004, 06:09 AM »
just another real nice park is on oneida lake. its name is oneida shores park and has all the same facillities as fair haven. its less than 1 mile off the i-81 ramp. is that the one you were asking about , reelcharacter?

reubenpa

« Reply #14 on: Mar 20, 2004, 08:32 AM »
how bout on at oneida one week, seneca the next, Fair haven the next!!!!! That way the ones that want to travel can be there, but those that live closer can still go.  Or even across the state!!!!   Just a thought.. All places sounds good to me
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.