FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HAVING A GET TOGETHER ONCE A YEAR TO MEET EACH OTHER  (Read 5773 times)

deerslayer92163

Re: HAVING A GET TOGETHER ONCE A YEAR TO MEET EACH OTHER
« Reply #15 on: Mar 20, 2004, 01:09 PM »
im would be comming from chautaqua county travel isnt a problem for me in the warmer weather i would like to keep it under 4 hours though when something is set up ill be there except the weekend of aug 1st ill be at pocono raceway

zuke852000

« Reply #16 on: Mar 20, 2004, 02:36 PM »
Fair Haven would be a great place. It has everything you need... even a grill to cook the catch on.
ZUKE

bigfish1556

« Reply #17 on: Mar 20, 2004, 10:04 PM »
You can please some people some of the time, can't please all the people all of the time.......whoever takes the lead on this one should (in full consultation with the executive myfishfinder.com ny board members :) just designate a time and a place and others can work it out from there. Obviously the more central the better, and perhaps greater attendance could be raised via a derby/raffle/bbq event (first keg free) or something. It's good to have an organized forum of anglers, and perhaps we could even take this another step and turn things into a organized group of fishing advocates and put a voice into DEC's management of our fisheries issues - there's plenty of people, between here and iceshanty.com, to have a significant voice/input on the fisheries conservation front!  i.e. great conversation and great advice on the boards, but perhaps it's also a good place to develop a unified front on our special interest - FISH!
We may say of angling, as Dr. Boteler said of strawberries, “Doubtless God could have made a better berry, but doubtless God never did;” and so, if I might be judge, God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.  -Izaak Walton

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #18 on: Mar 20, 2004, 11:44 PM »
Bigdave,

That is likely the better of Oneida locations. Accessibility to 81 for travelers is good. Do not know about the shore fishing and other accomodations. Sorry to say, I worked for the Onondaga Co parks dept (who operate O Shores) for just over a year, but never had occasion to get up there and am not familiar with Oneida Shores facilities.

The idea of a schedule (I would suggest alternate weekends) sounds good. May be difficult to get out three weekends in a row, but with the get-together dates spread out a little, perhaps more people could make'em.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.