FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake MI help  (Read 890 times)

bigr

Lake MI help
« on: Mar 01, 2021, 08:48 AM »
 I'm hoping to get out on the Big lake for early trout and salmon. It will be new to me so I'm looking for any info that we'll educate me. Thanks guys I know i'll get good stuff here.

2LMKR2

Re: Lake MI help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2021, 10:59 AM »
Do you want to fish from a boat or from shore?

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2021, 11:47 AM »
18ft deep V lund but not against shore fishing.

staubsaugen

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2021, 02:00 PM »
Trolling mag lips in orange and red, jr.  deep thundersticks perch pattern and gold worked for me last year. Look for warmer water at river mouths or in the troughs between sandbars.

This was out of New Buffalo last spring.

LundProv

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2021, 08:58 PM »
bigr, I do not know how far you will have to travel to come and enjoy lake michigan but obviously, weather is key as is the amount of ice floating around this time of year on the big lake.  As you know, you can easily search marine forecast and the ice flows will change based on wind direction.  For the most part, the advice of trolling small cranks in orange or chrome/blue or crawdad color have always worked for me.  You are a smart fisherperson so you will experiment with some shallow and some deeper presentations.  This past weekend showed a great bite on Saturday followed by a slow day Sunday for friends that I chatted with that went out.  Most of my friends go out of Portage and if the conditions are right, either head west to the warm water discharge at US Steel or troll/cast the mouth of the Ditch.  There has also been a good lake trout  bite along the walls of the Port of Indiana either trolling or if you find them on your electronics, using blade baits to entice and catch.  I think you will really enjoy your time out there and you will be productive.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.