FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: trolling question?  (Read 10028 times)

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
Re: trolling question?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 31, 2004, 02:53 PM »
IT MEANS HE SPEAKS HIGHLY OF RAPALA AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA!! ;D
Scotty 

buzz bait

• save the walleyes
« Reply #16 on: Aug 31, 2004, 11:14 PM »
I troll for walleye and smallmouth  mainly in the Susquehanna river.Its fairly shallow so downriggers, etc. are not an option.I let out about 100 feet or so of line, and control my depth with my choice of lure.I use spped clips so I can change my lures quickly. I use original floating Rapalas  or Rebel crawfish for water depths to 5 feet.I use RapalaTaildancers or Wally Divers for depths of 5 to10 feet.When I'm hitting too much bottom I change lures before I lose them.I started using the Rapala dives to series for the rare times I get on lakes.They dive to 10 feet or whatever and stay there.My favorite patterns are the black/silver and natural perch.(Im like an unofficial spokesman for Rapala)
hey whats up after reading this post  i was  :o thats the same exact way i troll the susky like they say great minds think alike .same lures and all .do you find that trolling up steam works best  ???.we got a spot up in owego not very long thats about 25 fow at normal level .wally-divers i know for fact that it runs  15 ft work good on the suspended fish the rest of the are about a 6 mile almost all rock bottom is 5 to 15 fow gotta tick that bottom :)

TJ

« Reply #17 on: Sep 01, 2004, 12:20 PM »
IT MEANS HE SPEAKS HIGHLY OF RAPALA AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA!! ;D

Oh, they know, they just havn't caught him yet!

icefishnfool

« Reply #18 on: Sep 08, 2004, 06:19 PM »
this is no crap.........I have 1579 rapalas........I thought I was the unofficial Rapala junkie. ;D ;D.......my boat is a 16 foot super shad rap ......well Tracker Super Guide ;D ;DI love them Rapalas :o :o

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #19 on: Sep 09, 2004, 05:02 AM »
thats more tackle than ill need for the rest of my life!!i really like rapala!!i swear by their jointed minnows but 1,579  :o 
Scotty 

TJ

« Reply #20 on: Sep 09, 2004, 11:39 AM »
this is no crap.........I have 1579 rapalas........I thought I was the unofficial Rapala junkie. ;D ;D.......my boat is a 16 foot super shad rap ......well Tracker Super Guide ;D ;DI love them Rapalas :o :o

Wow, you are the man!!! I love Raps too, gone through what you own I am sure!
But I have been getting into the ReefRunners, Lil rippers, deep Lil rippers
and the big deep diving ReefRunners. On Fireline - 10/4, they dive fast and deep
and if your marking fish, the strikes are hard! The action of these lures is tight and thump, thump, thump.
Manns stretch 10s and 20s have a place on the water, as do Thundersticks and wally divers,
but Raps and Reefrunners seem to out produce them all.
Has any one tried the Nitro shinners on a regular basis?

slim slinger

« Reply #21 on: Sep 19, 2004, 11:48 PM »
Last year i only had one downrigger when i was trolling for salmon and my girlfriend doesnt like riggers (because its boring she says?) so i rigged her up a three way swivel to troll with and she caught just as many as i did. Line counter did help and when she let her line out i told her to count and when she found the right depth she would count to the same number everytime.

hopefully tis may help...
also i've used steel line for lakers

Slim

Fisher50

« Reply #22 on: Mar 21, 2005, 11:21 AM »
Snap weights are another way to get depth.  There are published charts that tell you how deep various lures run, based on distance behind the boat. 
"But she's in good shape for the shape she's in...cause she's been through the fire before, and I believe she can take a whole lot more...So we raise her up every morning, we take her down every night, we don't let her touch the ground, and we fold her up right...on second thought, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag." -Johnny Cash

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.