FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lead Core  (Read 2445 times)

Hood

Lead Core
« on: Apr 28, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Hey guys... I am becoming familiar with trolling for lakers and just got a lead core setup with 10 or so colors. I also have a mini-troll downrigger. How deep can I expect to find the fish as the seasons progress? How do you guys like to fish it and with what lures/setups?
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

Fisher50

Re: Lead Core
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2005, 08:40 PM »
I've never used it on my boat, but have been on Great Lakes charters, that used lead core with in-line planer boards.  They let out the full core, as they called it, then attached the mono backing at the board.  Believe they were trolling aroound 60 ft deep with that setup.  They also had downriggers, and it was about even which worked best.  He ran three planer boards on each side. four downriggers,  and a dipsey diver on each side.
"But she's in good shape for the shape she's in...cause she's been through the fire before, and I believe she can take a whole lot more...So we raise her up every morning, we take her down every night, we don't let her touch the ground, and we fold her up right...on second thought, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag." -Johnny Cash

Little Brown Dog

Re: Lead Core
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 10:16 AM »
I use lead core a lot.  In the spring I usually run 1-4 colors down.  Summer 2-8 colors, higher in the morning then go deeper.  You just have to play around and figure out how many colors to let out to get it at the depth you want.

Usually for lakers I use trolling blades and then a lure.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.