FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: flea flicker line  (Read 3082 times)

Dr. IceGeek

flea flicker line
« on: May 11, 2005, 01:16 PM »
Just wondering if anyone uses this line and how it works...I mainly troll the fingerlakes for trout, and in the past couple of years the fleas have gotten really bad.  Just wondering what pound test it comes in (I know the larger diameter lines help to keep the buildup of fleas to a minimum) and where is the best place to purchase it in upstate NY...either buffalo or rochester areas.  Thanks
Dr. IceGeek

troutman

Re: flea flicker line
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 08:12 PM »
I use the 20lb flea flicker line on the Finger Lakes. It does a nice job keeping the fleas off the line. Its comes in 30lb test too, but that’s too big for the Finger Lakes. I picked my line up at cabelas. all the tackle stores up on lake Ontario have it in stock. I’m sure some of the finger lakes bait shops have it too.
Ray

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 07:07 AM »
Troutman...thanks for the info.  My in-laws have a cottage in sodus, so when I head up that way I'll stop in at one of the shops and pick some up.  Thanks again for the info

baginwal

• MFF Mod Team
  • No Politics Just Fish!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 07:53 PM »
Dr. IceGeek,

I have all of my Salmon/Laker trolling rods spooled w/ Flea Flicker line.  Definitely keeps the fleas off when things heat up!  We've caught numerous Salmon/Lakers and no problems. 

I remember awhile ago, hooking up with a big King, with fleas gobbed on my 20lb mono.  I still can't believe we landed that fish! ;D  The next day, I spooled em up w/flea flicker!

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 08:55 PM »
Baginwal
   Those fleas get to be a real mess.  Like I said I mostly t roll the finger lakes and 20 lb. test is overkill, but if it helps to keep the fleas off I'm all for it!   I'm going to pick some up over memorial day weekend.  Thanks again for the info

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.