FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 160475 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #285 on: Jul 21, 2011, 05:44 PM »
AAAhhhhhh...Brothers of the coals,

Great stuff guys.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Terasec

« Reply #286 on: Jul 21, 2011, 09:59 PM »
What do you guys like to use for fish?
Thinking of some fruit smoke,
Local place has peach chunks, thinking of trying it on fish,

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #287 on: Jul 22, 2011, 01:31 AM »
There's more talented smokers around here, but I use pear and apple a lot when I cook. Seems to have a nice mild flavor.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

surflizard

« Reply #288 on: Jul 22, 2011, 06:41 AM »
The Peach wood will work Terasec, The Fruit woods, Apple, Pear, Plum, Cherry, Peach, like RG said are a bit milder the the Traditional woods like Hickory, Mesquite, Oak. Alder and Cedar are a little milder, But all of them can over power your meat if you use too much ! There is a lot of experimentation with wood smoking, because everyone has Different tastes, some like it Strong and some like it mild. You'll get better results if you start with a small amount of smoke and increase it a little at a time till you get the amount of flavor you want ! One of the first meats that I smoked was Chicken when I switched over to the Fruit woods, I was told it was a lot milder, so I put the wood right to her ! WRONG, It was So Strong even the Dog wouldn't eat it !!  :w00t: :sick: :rotflol: Good luck and let us know how you make out !

THEOZON

« Reply #289 on: Jul 22, 2011, 12:35 PM »
Great looking roast THEOZON .
Thanks Howesfc. Picks were at camp last year. At home i have the same webber as you. I got the ring for it so i can put a rotissire on it. Works great!

THEOZON

« Reply #290 on: Jul 22, 2011, 12:36 PM »

Hawaiian Chicken W/ Wild rice. Last nights dinner.

howesfc

« Reply #291 on: Jul 25, 2011, 07:02 PM »
Some tasty looking chicken kabobs might have to try making some! :)

surflizard

« Reply #292 on: Aug 06, 2011, 11:02 AM »
I swung by the Deli yesterday and Picked up a nice looking Boston Butt, Oh La La !! ;D  I rubbed her down last night with the Sweet and Spice rub and left it in the fridge overnight. Got the apple wood split and ready to go and fired Big Bertha up at 6 am. I just gave it the first Apple juice Mop down and was able to get a quick photo of the magic in action ! I'll post the Pork Pickin Party tonight !  :thumbup_smilie: Grill On my Brothers !!

KingPerch

« Reply #293 on: Aug 06, 2011, 11:04 AM »
Hey Lizard what time did you say dinner was? I'll bring the beverages!! LOL! Looking really good man! Enjoy!--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

surflizard

« Reply #294 on: Aug 06, 2011, 11:27 AM »
According to the DPC [Dead Pig Cookin] clock, Supper should hit the table right around 5ish !! If your willin to make the drive KP, The least I can do is to make sure to send ya back Stuffed to the gills with Pulled Pork Sammiches !! :thumbup_smilie: :rotflol:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #295 on: Aug 06, 2011, 12:15 PM »
I gotta make a trip to NH.First we'll try those muskrat eatin' trout, then I'll tie while you cook ;D

Sure looks yummy.
RG

surflizard

« Reply #296 on: Aug 06, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Always room at our table for our Fellow Fishin Fanatics !!  Waitin on the Yukon Gold Taters and boiled eggs to cool, then I'll whip up some of Surf's Supa Dupa Egg/ Tater Salad, It's gonna be tough to take , but sometimes life calls for us to make a sacrifice !!  :w00t: :thumbup_smilie: :rotflol:

surflizard

« Reply #297 on: Aug 06, 2011, 01:52 PM »
Mmmm, Surfs Egg and Tater Salad !!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #298 on: Aug 06, 2011, 04:10 PM »
Awesome looking eats Surf. Enjoy!

RG

surflizard

« Reply #299 on: Aug 06, 2011, 04:16 PM »
T-MINUS 25 MINUTES AND COUNTING RG !! We have broken the 185 degree Barrier, the bone is loose already and the Insta temp fork is sinkin into the Roast like a Hot knife into BUDDA !! :thumbup_smilie: :rotflol: Drool inducing, Lip Smackin, Tummy Growlin, photos shortly !!   :clapping:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.