FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 157995 times)

Lip Ripper

Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #150 on: Apr 04, 2010, 05:29 PM »
MMMMM that looks tasty happy Easter to all it's time to fire up the Weber.

Outdoorsmen

« Reply #151 on: Apr 04, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Looks very good. I smoked a couple racks of baby back ribs today.(sorry no pic's) Hope every one had a good Easter. Tight lines to all.
EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE. FISH LIKE HELL, AND MAKE UP LIES

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #152 on: Apr 05, 2010, 02:33 AM »
The chops were delicious...the taters were good, but next time I'll use a baking potato and soak them longer. Too much moisture in the red taters the flavor didn't soak in too well.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #153 on: Apr 06, 2010, 10:40 PM »
I killed my webber.... :'(

The poor girl was in a snow drift and I ran it over with my Indy 500 after unloading it. The snowmobile has no headlight and it was pretty dark when I got home from fishing last winter. One lap around the house with no light cant hurt..... right? HA!

I need a bigger one anyway. It will be a Webber for sure. 8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #154 on: Apr 07, 2010, 02:40 AM »
Skipper...you're alive?  ;D

Good to see you around . Can't beat a Weber!
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fzrpilot6

« Reply #155 on: Apr 07, 2010, 10:22 AM »
First of all let me just say i think im addicted to this thread. ;D  Im in serious need of a new grill this spring.  Pretty much have my mind set on a weber.  But im wondering if any of you guys out there use the big green egg or something similar?  And if so what are the advantages to one of theses style grills.  From what im gathering they are heavy as hell and quite expensive.  Just wanted some feedback on the pros and cons of this style cooker before i pull the trigger on the weber.

Josh

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #156 on: Apr 08, 2010, 04:55 PM »
I've never seen an Egg up close, but they look like the Holy Grail of charcoal cooking.

Lets see...$600 vs $90   

WEBER

howesfc

« Reply #157 on: Apr 08, 2010, 06:50 PM »
In the past I used the Weber chimney coal starters.
But my new Weber grill has a propane coal starter with electronic  ignition.
You have to remember to turn off the 1# tank after 10 minutes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #158 on: Apr 09, 2010, 04:01 AM »
If my current Weber kettle ever wears out, that's what I'm going to buy. I use the chimney with a ceramic ball type fireplace starter soaked in denatured alcohol. No odor and starts very quickly. I've also soaked a few briquettes in alcohol and started the chimney that way. Works great.

RG

fiddlehead322

« Reply #159 on: Apr 09, 2010, 04:51 AM »
If my current Weber kettle ever wears out, that's what I'm going to buy. I use the chimney with a ceramic ball type fireplace starter soaked in denatured alcohol. No odor and starts very quickly. I've also soaked a few briquettes in alcohol and started the chimney that way. Works great.

RG
I used to be all propane until I had a small weber kettle grill given to me. Now it's charcoal all the way. Burned that one out and went and bought another. I get 2 rounds of cooking on 1 load of coal by closing the vents and suffocating them out when done cooking. Works great, tastes great! Recently started using the chimney with 2 pages of newspaper. Would like to get more info about this ceramic ball firestarter though.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #160 on: Apr 09, 2010, 06:41 PM »
It's a poor image...but

Fill the pot with alcohol and soak the ceramic ball.
RG

howesfc

« Reply #161 on: Apr 10, 2010, 07:07 PM »
Tonight's dinner Venison Back Strap Kabob's. :P

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #162 on: Apr 10, 2010, 08:45 PM »
In the absence of the webber, we roasted some cheap puss tube wieners over the fire ring tonight. I felt like such and amateur!!

My 1 year old son got so smeared up with smores, I thought I was going to have to clean him up with the hose.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #163 on: Apr 10, 2010, 08:59 PM »
Mmmmm..S'Mores....my kids  (and I) loved those things. The worst was the marshmallow in the hair.

I have some ribs all rubbed up and ready for BBQ tomorrow.

RG

nypike

• Where da fish at?
« Reply #164 on: Apr 11, 2010, 02:41 PM »
smoking a brisket right now!! did a venison roll a couple of nights ago but having trouble with photobucket, pics will be up some time..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.