FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 158662 times)

nypike

• Where da fish at?
Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #165 on: Apr 11, 2010, 03:01 PM »
after all these smoked meat pics and recipes, I broke down and got a smoker. here is a venison roll from the other night.

during

done!!

MMmmmmm

FishingPolski

• Ret. Opr. Engnr. Local 17
« Reply #166 on: Apr 11, 2010, 03:24 PM »
HEY PIKE, smacking my lips here, lookin at your pics. nice BARK, ON THE MEAT, do you ship.   lol   lol

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #167 on: Apr 15, 2010, 03:29 PM »
Things of beauty NYpike.

Ever try that with a wild turkey roll? I've grilled them but I'm not a smoker .......yet ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

nypike

• Where da fish at?
« Reply #168 on: Apr 15, 2010, 08:14 PM »
Things of beauty NYpike.

Ever try that with a wild turkey roll? I've grilled them but I'm not a smoker .......yet ;D

RG
I just tried wild turkey this past hunting season and was great, I bet it would be good. Hmmm, better get the shotgun ready, season is approaching.

nypike

• Where da fish at?
« Reply #169 on: Apr 23, 2010, 07:06 AM »
couple more yummies from the smoker. some center cut boneless chops, and some fresh caught land locked salmon.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #170 on: Apr 23, 2010, 02:27 PM »
Oh Man...you're killin' me with that salmon. 

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #171 on: Apr 24, 2010, 03:41 AM »
Soooooo, What's on the grill this weekend?

I picked up a package of rib ends. They're resting in the fridge after a nice massage with the secret dry rub.
RG

nypike

• Where da fish at?
« Reply #172 on: Apr 26, 2010, 04:36 PM »
I"m thinking ribs also...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2010, 05:37 PM »
And this weekend is a Pork tenderloin. I'm thinking I'm gonna stuff it with something.

RG

1fish@atime

« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Try Salsa RG. I use it as a stuffing or as a cover, then slow roast. oooo it's so good, BAM.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2010, 06:31 PM »
That sounds like an option for sure. I'm gonna sleep on it and see what the fridge yields for stuffing.

RG

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2010, 04:37 PM »
Kept it simple...stuffed it with 8 nice cloves of garlic....seasoned it up with "special rub" .....gave it a nicve brush of olive oil and stuck it on the Weber ;D

It's turning delicious as I write.

RG

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2010, 06:23 PM »

Finished product!MMMMMMmmmmmmm!
RG

howesfc

« Reply #178 on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:00 PM »
how to cook a crappie meal.
1.Hot coal (30 min.)

2.Place Crappie fillits in tin foil with olive oil,lemon and onion slices,garlic,salt,black peper,red peper and slab of butter.

3.Fold up tin foil cook direct for around (10 min.)

4.Unroll tin foil and cook a little more if needed.

5.Enjoy!

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #179 on: Jul 17, 2010, 03:52 PM »
First of all let me just say i think im addicted to this thread. ;D  Im in serious need of a new grill this spring.  Pretty much have my mind set on a weber.  But im wondering if any of you guys out there use the big green egg or something similar?  And if so what are the advantages to one of theses style grills.  From what im gathering they are heavy as hell and quite expensive.  Just wanted some feedback on the pros and cons of this style cooker before i pull the trigger on the weber.

Josh

Yes, I am an egghead, happy to say. But I also own two Webber grills that I will never give up. Depending on the application I'll use one or the other, sometimes both. The advantage of an egg is being able to really slow cook and smoke with it. I can smoke for 12 hours in it easy, did a brisket for a dinner party a few months ago and cooked it for 12 hours, I think I added some fuel once in that time period.  Also, if you live in a cold climate or grill rain or shine, the egg is less affected by temperature changes due to rain or snow falling on it. It can be a bit of a challenge cooking at 500f with a Webber in a snow storm in NH, and if the rain comes up in the middle of cooking and your grill isn't under cover, your temps will be affected. Disadvantage of the egg? Cost, weight and grill space. My large egg was almost $700 and the big boy will run you over $1200 if I remember right- although I can't see why it won't outlive me. It's also very heavy- probably 170 lbs lid and base. They sell tables and stands, but being a carpenter I decided to make my own stand and installed the lid before setting it in place. That was a challenge, lifting that thing into the table.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.