FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 157820 times)

filetandrelease

Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #510 on: May 21, 2018, 05:56 AM »

Guys that stuff looks great
I did up surf and turf but alas no pics

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #511 on: May 21, 2018, 06:23 AM »
This thread is brutal... I just finished my coffee and breakfast, and now I'm hungry all over again!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

filetandrelease

« Reply #512 on: May 21, 2018, 06:47 AM »
This thread is brutal... I just finished my coffee and breakfast, and now I'm hungry all over again!
Lol me to

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #513 on: May 21, 2018, 07:38 AM »
Angus strip steak.....big thick one.

Had it with asparagus fresh from our garden....mmmmmm.....!
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #514 on: May 21, 2018, 09:57 AM »
for bfast?

my hero!

8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #515 on: May 22, 2018, 06:08 AM »
Well, it was dinner. But the lestover was good with eggs this morning.👍

Used to be able to down one of those at a sitting. Can't do it any more.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #516 on: May 22, 2018, 08:20 AM »
Going back to the basics starting this weekend. Bought the original Weber Kettle. Goal is to work my way up to a Weber Smokey Mountain.
Maiden voyage will be Chiavetta's chicken. Will soak in the sauce for 2 days, then slow cooked in the Weber. Looking forward to it

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #517 on: May 22, 2018, 06:48 PM »
I Wuv my Weber!

Doing some wings for the neighborhood happy hour tomorrow afternoon. A weekly gathering for relaxation some libations and snacks.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #518 on: May 22, 2018, 06:54 PM »
By the way, take a good look at the Weber Platinum Performer. It's my grill. You you can  smoke, grill etc with the convenience of propane assist for lighting. Charcoal fire in less than 10 minutes.

Rg

UglyStik

« Reply #519 on: May 22, 2018, 07:11 PM »
Saw these today for the kettle.

The heat forms a draft up the center and with the lid on forms a vortex. You can cook the wings with indirect heat on the sides. And you can sear ribeyes over the center furnace.

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #520 on: May 22, 2018, 09:56 PM »
Saw these today for the kettle.

The heat forms a draft up the center and with the lid on forms a vortex. You can cook the wings with indirect heat on the sides. And you can sear ribeyes over the center furnace.
where'd ya see those? looks like it would work great 8)
done dirt cheap!

UglyStik

« Reply #521 on: May 23, 2018, 02:03 AM »
Look up BBQ Vortex or charcoal vortex. They look a little pricey, saw one guy had made one by chopping off a stainless bucket from ikea and saved money. Probably something you can DIY and save, but check if material is safe to do so with. I think galvanized is not, I will try to look it up and post back.

filetandrelease

« Reply #522 on: May 23, 2018, 05:53 AM »

http://
Only acidic foods should not come in contact with galvanized steel according the the U.S. Food & Drug Administration. The acid in some foods reacts with the zinc coating to form salts that are readily absorbed by the body and in excess could cause a very mild sickness.Sep 8, 2011

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #523 on: May 23, 2018, 06:54 AM »
The vortex thing looks interesting. Only problem I see is you can't add charcoal to the fire. I use the Weber charcoal baskets that sit on the sides of the fire grate and unde the hinged portions of the grill.

Any of you ever look at the Arteflame grill top for Weber Kettles? That looks very interesting to me.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #524 on: May 23, 2018, 06:58 AM »
By the way, take a good look at the Weber Platinum Performer. It's my grill. You you can  smoke, grill etc with the convenience of propane assist for lighting. Charcoal fire in less than 10 minutes.

Rg

Thanks for the referral i will look into it. Ideally, i want to keep the current LP grill, use the Classic Weber for charcoal cooking and then the Smokey Mountain as the smoking option. I like the idea of separating church and state I guess...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.