FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 157360 times)

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #660 on: Jul 04, 2018, 08:40 AM »
I don’t can salsa, make it and eat it generally.

Pickles and peppers get canned, along with the jalapeño jam. I make a few varieties of hot sauce, Portugal Piri Piri for chicken and habanero hot sauce I like to use on sausages and white hots are my 2 favorites.

My pickles are growing up at all, may end up at the farmers market in August buying a bushel, along with whatever peppers look good for canning

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #661 on: Jul 04, 2018, 01:42 PM »
Man I'd love to have a gathering of all the growers, grillers and chefs on these threads for a big old feast. I can just imagine the fun we'd all have.

It's something special to share home cooking with friends.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #662 on: Jul 04, 2018, 04:13 PM »
Man I'd love to have a gathering of all the growers, grillers and chefs on these threads for a big old feast. I can just imagine the fun we'd all have.

It's something special to share home cooking with friends.

Rg

Build it

They will come

8)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #663 on: Jul 06, 2018, 08:45 AM »
When my wife got home from work last night, I helped her bring a few bags of groceries into the house. She told me she got me something, a 9 lb. whole picnic shoulder! So, after dinner I trimmed the skin off and gave it a good massage with a heavy dose of my homemade rub, vacuum sealed it, and put it in the fridge to rest.

Smokin' Sunday!!!  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #664 on: Jul 07, 2018, 06:14 PM »
Spatchcock chicken, nailed potatoes and garden fresh spinach.

Very juicy chicken. I love our spinach.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #665 on: Jul 07, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Looks delicious! We had grilled sausage with peppers and onions, and potato salad.

Tomorrow night, pulled pork!  ;D
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #666 on: Jul 07, 2018, 08:56 PM »
Nice NY strip for tomorrow.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #667 on: Jul 07, 2018, 09:01 PM »
Nice job Bob...
I didnt grill anything but came home from fishing to sausage and pepper sammys..... 8) 8)
I love my bride..... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #668 on: Jul 08, 2018, 07:59 PM »
I tried jigging lake trout out of the kayak this morning for the first time. The lake was like a mirror. Nothing to the boat. I did hook one in 120 ft of water but it cane off about half way up. Felt like a good one. The wind kicked up about 8:30 and I couldn't keep a jig under me anymore so i called it quits.

Came home and got into some yard work and fired up the smoker at noon.

Hickory smoked pork shoulder, polish sausage, and baked beans. Life is good!  ;D

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #669 on: Jul 09, 2018, 08:06 AM »
My wife cooked a spatchcock chicken, with nailed potatoes on the weber last weekend. Small world. She came up with a white dipping sauce that may lead to addiction. And as usual, a soaked piece of apple wood was added for that sweet smoke.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #670 on: Jul 09, 2018, 10:45 AM »
I tried jigging lake trout out of the kayak this morning for the first time. The lake was like a mirror. Nothing to the boat. I did hook one in 120 ft of water but it cane off about half way up. Felt like a good one. The wind kicked up about 8:30 and I couldn't keep a jig under me anymore so i called it quits.

Came home and got into some yard work and fired up the smoker at noon.

Hickory smoked pork shoulder, polish sausage, and baked beans. Life is good!  ;D

Is that polish "sausage" or polish Kielbasa?  I am a Pole and there is a big difference.  :D

This is Polish Kielbasa I made and smoked using our passed down family recipe. 

Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #671 on: Jul 09, 2018, 10:46 AM »
Anyone on here have a rub they are willing to share for a brisket? Looking for something new.
Wicked Wec

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #672 on: Jul 09, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Sure, here's my recipe.

Mix in a gallon zip lock bag.
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
   And then I add one spice jar (the ones you get at the dollar store for a buck a piece,  5" tall x 2" diameter) each of the following:
Chili powder
Paprika
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Ground black pepper

It makes quite a bit, so just use what you need, close the bag and keep the rest for later. Also good on pork and chicken. Enjoy.   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #673 on: Jul 09, 2018, 02:31 PM »
My wife cooked a spatchcock chicken, with nailed potatoes on the weber last weekend. Small world. She came up with a white dipping sauce that may lead to addiction. And as usual, a soaked piece of apple wood was added for that sweet smoke.

👍👍👍🔥🔥🔥

I don't love to hear about that dipping sauce!

As a side note, my nailed potatoes are tossed with olive oil, seasoned salt and garlic powder. In the past I've injected them with a seasoned butter which is another favorite.

Great looking sausages all.

Over the top as usual Bill!

Rg

iceman260

« Reply #674 on: Jul 09, 2018, 03:12 PM »
Always wanted to try nailed potatoes, how long do they take to cook on the grill.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.