FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512998 times)

ronco

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3075 on: Aug 08, 2019, 03:28 PM »
This is my 3rd post, why is it showing I have zero posts? I updated my profile, maybe it will work.
The secret to fishing......is fish where the fish are

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3076 on: Aug 08, 2019, 03:32 PM »
I'm not sure Ron. Maybe RG knows?
Says you have been on since 2016 .

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3077 on: Aug 08, 2019, 04:48 PM »
Once you get to 5 or so it'll track correctly......I think.

Welcome to the gardens  community anyway. You may be on to something with the mixed up seeds. I've always bought my seed from Lowes. I think that's going to change next year. I'll be buying certified seed from quality companies. I put too much effort into growing my gardens. E stuff we get from the displays in the big box stores could be years old.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ronco

« Reply #3078 on: Aug 08, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Once you get to 5 or so it'll track correctly......I think.

Welcome to the gardens  community anyway. You may be on to something with the mixed up seeds. I've always bought my seed from Lowes. I think that's going to change next year. I'll be buying certified seed from quality companies. I put too much effort into growing my gardens. E stuff we get from the displays in the big box stores could be years old.

Rg

Thanks for the welcome. I don't post very often, I just started coming to this site this spring. I have posted on Iceshantie and made the jump to over here.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3079 on: Aug 08, 2019, 07:56 PM »

Thanks for the welcome. I don't post very often, I just started coming to this site this spring. I have posted on Iceshantie and made the jump to over here.
Thanks for the advice , and welcome!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3080 on: Aug 09, 2019, 06:27 AM »
Welcome Ron..  Let's see your garden..    : ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ronco

« Reply #3081 on: Aug 09, 2019, 08:30 AM »
Welcome Ron..  Let's see your garden..    : ;D

I'm computer stupid, I don't post pics. In Colorado we can't plant our garden until after Mother's day. That's when the last average frost day is, we had a frost (29 Degrees) about 10 days after Mother's day that killed everything and had to start all over. In the garden we have pumpkins, sweet corn, beets, yellow and zuccini sqush, carrots, lemon and eating cucumbers, pole beans, potatoes and tomatoes.
The wife and I live Northeast of Denver on a 90 acre farm, we grow sugar beets, alfalfa, and feed corn. That frost killed 14 acres of suger beets, replanted with feed corn.
I retired after driving truck for 33 years in 2014 at the age of 57.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3082 on: Aug 09, 2019, 10:19 AM »
I know how you feel.  I live on the north side of a BIG HILL  at almost 1300 ft, and we got a frost day after memorial day.  I know how it feels to garden in a micro climate...    ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3083 on: Aug 09, 2019, 05:52 PM »
Sorry to say , but, it makes me glad to be a flatlander.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ronco

« Reply #3084 on: Aug 09, 2019, 09:53 PM »
I looked up the elevation of Hudson Colorado, we are at an even 5,000'. We moved here from Kremmling Colorado elevation at our place was 8,500'. The ag teacher at the high school said we had 18 growing days and they weren't consecutive days LOL.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3085 on: Aug 10, 2019, 04:57 PM »
What a super,day for outside projects. Did lots of gardening today. Transplanted once flowers from a garden in the front to the back gardens. Filled in with some mums. Trimmed, pruned and generally puttered around the gardens most of the morning.

Planted another crop of radishes in the trough planter. Pulled the dill weed to dry and filled the bed with compost.

Even though my tomatoes look miserable, we had BLT's with Mr. Stripys from the garden and they were delicious.

Past the middle of the growing season now. First crops are winding down. Time to plant some spinach and lettuce.

On a very positive note, my peppers, Anaheim, Red Chili, Cowhorn, Jalapeņo and Hot Banana, are doing really well.

Not our best year, but, that's gardening.

Rg

drowndin dots

« Reply #3086 on: Aug 10, 2019, 05:26 PM »
What a super,day for outside projects. Did lots of gardening today. Transplanted once flowers from a garden in the front to the back gardens. Filled in with some mums. Trimmed, pruned and generally puttered around the gardens most of the morning.

Planted another crop of radishes in the trough planter. Pulled the dill weed to dry and filled the bed with compost.

Even though my tomatoes look miserable, we had BLT's with Mr. Stripys from the garden and they were delicious.

Past the middle of the growing season now. First crops are winding down. Time to plant some spinach and lettuce.

On a very positive note, my peppers, Anaheim, Red Chili, Cowhorn, Jalapeņo and Hot Banana, are doing really well.

Not our best year, but, that's gardening.

Rg
I'm beginning to see blight, gonna go get some copper fungiside tomorrow and try and combat it while I can. Luckily I had a while to ripen before it came. Peppers are really starting to crank here as well, peas and beans are winding down, everytime I think of pulling and re-planting they flower again. Cukes and pickles daily, Zuchinni too. Brussles are tiny, starting to get a bit worried.
   Over all it's been our best garden at this property thanks to the raised beds, thinking we need a third to thin out our plantings and enable rotation of crops to minimize blight. Off to runnings to take advantage of their blow out sale on canning supplies, I'm gonna have a pile of pickles this year ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3087 on: Aug 11, 2019, 07:23 AM »
Daconil will work if you get it early. I tried Neem oil and it failed. Too late for my tomatoes this year. I'll take what I get  and move on. I'm about ready to pull all of them and plant fall crops. It's showing up on my pickles now. Strangely, nothing on my lone zucchini plant. Just more zucchinis. 👍

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3088 on: Aug 11, 2019, 07:29 AM »
Ed are you sure its blight?
You will get leaf rot from inconsistent  watering also. 
Pull the infected leafs  off and throw them away in the garbage not your compost..

drowndin dots

« Reply #3089 on: Aug 11, 2019, 12:12 PM »
Ed are you sure its blight?
You will get leaf rot from inconsistent  watering also. 
Pull the infected leafs  off and throw them away in the garbage not your compost..
I'll snap a pic later....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.