FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: EVERYBODYS BEST DAY.  (Read 2161 times)

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
EVERYBODYS BEST DAY.
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:56 PM »
hey lets hear your best fishing experiance ever.  mine was a week trip to lake ontario and catching 30+ ponds salomon. what a experince. bu i still love my ADIRONDACKS

fish_finder

Re: EVERYBODYS BEST DAY.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 04:43 PM »
I have a tie can't choose between them, one was when i went to Newfoundland and got to catch tons of brook trout and some really big brown trout from a lake as clear and cold as spring water, the second was couple weeks ago when i went flyfishing for spring atlantic salmon( not landlocks) for the first time, was by myself and had pretty much no clue but still managed to catch 3 big salmon, biggest being a big hen just a tad over 32" long, were my first salmon other than landlocks, and on a fly rod, with a homemade pattern i had just tied the night before, what a fight and what a rush! Im sure ill never foget either of those two trips
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

skidplate

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 10:08 AM »
Now take that 30# salmon, and absolutley fill the river with them.  Had a day like that 3 yrs ago, I think. Couldn't tell you how many I landed, had  to hook at least 70. I was sore sore sore that night. That day was absolutley crazy and ruined every day since, don't think there will ever happen again.
There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
 Ron Paul

flypopper

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 08:10 PM »
Walleye fishing on Erie, actually 2 days but we caught 300 lbs in 2 days with 5 guys. 2nd day we didn't catch anything but walleye. Been back every year since trying to beat that record.  7yrs

monkeyman2269

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:13 PM »
2 times one year we got 20 5+ pound pike biggest round 12 then last year got over 70 smallmouths in a week several 5 pounders and 2 6

combsey going to catchem

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 10:03 PM »
best day was spent jigging on the la chute river (off from champlain) ended up with 10 eye all over 5 lbs and managed around 20 crappies and a surprise of a nice landlock   never relized that they traveled up that river   

tsmith17

• A day of bad fishing is still a good day.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 12:39 AM »
One afternoon, local river, 16 smallmouth, all over 17.5". Got a work out, loved it.

surflizard

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 04:50 AM »
This past winter, my girlfriend and I got into a bunch of lake trout during the local ice fishing derby here in NH. She caught 9 lakers total and 1
fish took 3rd place. :thumbup_smilie: It was the funniest thing to see how excited she got, she was bouncing around like a little kid  :rotflol:

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 07:10 AM »
sweet guys nice storys. keep em comming

tonebea

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 08:39 AM »
Early 90's, my brother, dad, and I went to Ontario. We caught 15-20 fish, kings 30-40 lbs, big browns, and steelhead. We can home with over 120 lbs. of fillets. Great on the bbq, smoked, and to give to friends.

bassinbrian

• In search of Lunkers !
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 09:21 AM »
These are ones that really stick out to me ... all in upstate NY too  ;D

May 11th 2008  - Me and a few friends boated 27 Stripers

Nov 7th 2009 -  Largemouth bass, 3 over 6lbs & 1 over 7lbs in one 5hr trip

Jan 23rd 2010 - Lakers through the ice, i landed 14 ... the group had 50+

BB
Bring on the Stripers !!!

stripernut

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 09:26 AM »
Hard to pick… One of the most memorable would be a day we had perfect weather and ran out of Rye, we left before 3 am and found our selves on Northern Jefferies just before dawn as the light came up. The sea was flat as a mill pond, but best of all we were the only boat, no sound of distant diesels, no smoke from a trawler, just fins from basking sharks and whale breaching! We started on top and could not hit the bottom with lots of cod in the 30+ range with a few just under 50… After only an hour and half we had over 300 lb of fish and needed to head in (17ft Alumacraft will only hold so much).  He HAD to stop and cast to the busting blue fish we kept running into on the way back in. After a quick stop at the Isle of Shoals and a bunch of stripers on top water, we stopped out side of Rye harbor to clean fish. We dropped some lines for flounder and started bailing them in… I was very sick of cleaning fish! One of the things that is most memorable about the day is how many different fish we can catch in one day. We caught so many, we even had a Halibut next to the boat (about 45”) until it bent the hook. Tuna was about the only thing we did not get a shoot at… I have caught more fish and bigger fish, but that is the “Trip” that is the most memorable!
Tight Lines,
Allan

hoghammer

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 09:35 AM »
Opening weekend 8 years ago. Me and my buddie caught 75 eyes in and hour and 10 minutes. All in a 40 yard area 50 yards from the boat launch. Had a couple other guys watching and fishing about 30 yards away and they did not catch a fish.

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 08:40 PM »
hard to decide opening day ice fishing this past season 2 of us caught 22 brook trout and a brown in 3 hours, not one fish under 14", 2 years ago 2 of us caught 20+ touge in one day.  Its  hard to beat an afternoon of catching 20+ native brookies in a small stream to.

timbobber

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 08:53 PM »
don't know if it was BEST, but definitly unforgettable. Oh dark thirty, camping at Lake Jean, everyone else asleep. Sneek the canoe out to catch the sunrise, lake like a mirror...and soooooo quiet. Laid up in the lily pads, took my time tying on the lures, anticipating the first cast. You know...the perfect cast in an unspoiled morning. Well I threw a jitterbug, worked it slowly and BAANNGG. First cast, a nice 18" largemouth.
Second cast...same thing, a little smaller this time. Laughing a bit to myself about my luck, and nobody to see it but me, switched to an inline spinner, and on the first cast caught a 20" pickeral. Now laughing out loud on a quiet lake, all alone, decided not to spoil the moment. Put the rods down, eased back to the beach, back to the campsite to put the coffee on and watch everone else say hey to the day. Still laugh to myself when I think of it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.