FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Box for a fish finder.  (Read 3684 times)

1fish@atime

Box for a fish finder.
« on: Apr 17, 2010, 06:42 PM »
I was given a Eagle Supra Pro I.D. but it has no mount. As I only have a 12' aluminum, I was looking to make a box to use it like a portable. Anyone have ideas or pictures of yours?
Thanks

northlyon

Re: Box for a fish finder.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2010, 09:25 PM »
I have seen guys use tool boxs, try and search the threads.

1fish@atime

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2010, 04:58 AM »
I did. Not a lot on here about fishfinders...except comparisons.

pipeline

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2010, 06:45 AM »
years back i had my screen mounted on a piece of plywood and set it on seat in boat or on a cooler then a bungey cord to keep it from bouncing around when water is rough worked

carcaju

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2010, 07:44 AM »
get a genze portable box used for ice fishing and mount 2 pieces of angle iron to use as a bracket i know someone who did to make the unit off his boat portable so he left the orrigonal mount in the boat and just go a second transducer now he uses it ice fishing and puts it back on the boat for open water .

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2010, 08:13 AM »
I was going to suggest going over to I.S. and looking at the electronics board as I know I have seen boxes guys have made for finders on there.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Game Hog

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2010, 08:15 AM »
I just use a 12pk cooler.  Battery is kept inside, mounting bracket in mounted on the top, hole drilled out the side for the wires.  Works great year around.
Live to fish

1fish@atime

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2010, 08:23 AM »
Thanks guys, some good ideas. Will be working on it today, was going to go fishing but with the white flakes I see out the window. Not sure I want to be out in a boat or along a stream bank. Yeah I know I go ice fishing everyday in the winter, but at 50 I'm getting to be a pansy open water fisherman!!!LOL

Drifter_016

« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2010, 09:48 AM »
years back i had my screen mounted on a piece of plywood and set it on seat in boat or on a cooler then a bungey cord to keep it from bouncing around when water is rough worked

You mean like this?   :whistling:
This is how I make my LMS 350 portable to use up at the lodge. I also have a clamp on board with transducer and speed/temp sender as well as a clamp on system for the GPS antenna.   8)
There is enough room for a motorcycle battery in the compartment behind the finder.
And yes, bungee cord it to the seat.   ;)

1fish@atime

« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2010, 03:02 PM »
Looks nice Drifter, But I don't have the bracket. I was just going to make a box , use styrofoam to make a base it could sit in and ride in. I checked on IS, there are some great ideas here. a lot of them like yours!!

winchester 88

« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2010, 08:54 PM »
I just use a 12pk cooler.  Battery is kept inside, mounting bracket in mounted on the top, hole drilled out the side for the wires.  Works great year around.

That is what I do also but I use a flat topped 6pack cooler..I use 2 -12 volt batteries in parallel and still have room to put my ice ducer in the box for storage over the summer.It also provides a handle to carry it with...works great.

Winchester 88

1fish@atime

« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2010, 04:58 PM »
I made a bracket for it today out of an old aluminum sign I had kicking around. Screwed it to a piece of treated decking to sit on the seat, bungee down. Hooked up the transducer to a piece of conduit. The old suction cup wasn't working well. I can clamp it to the boat, or come winter I made the other end flat with a hole to attach a cross arm.
Thanks for all the help and pic's. I am looking at my case for my old Makita circular saw for winter.
Just need the battery, small enough to carry.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2010, 07:49 AM »
Sounds like ya got it whipped 1fish, if ya need a small battery I bought a little 12 volt Zeus battery from BPS a couple winters ago. It works great and is very compact, cost was about $25 with a charger.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

HOOTER

« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2010, 09:35 AM »
I was given a Eagle Supra Pro I.D. but it has no mount. As I only have a 12' aluminum, I was looking to make a box to use it like a portable. Anyone have ideas or pictures of yours?
Thanks
A BUDDY OF MINE HAS HIS IN A FIVE GALLON BUCKET. WORKS GREAT.

Drill4gills

« Reply #14 on: Apr 30, 2010, 07:55 PM »
you better get yourself another transducer at cabelas no one i have checked with but them have them and eagle/lowrance has discontinued them , a friend of mine couldn't justify buying the transducer for 44 bucks and whet and bought a cuda 168 for 90 bucks ,, this is a warning to all supra pro ID owners

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.