FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: My Big Bass over the years  (Read 12509 times)

bassinbrian

• In search of Lunkers !
My Big Bass over the years
« on: Jan 07, 2014, 01:21 PM »

Took me many years and lots of time on the water to start catching bigger bass on a regular basis. I have learned a lot from other bass only sites, fishing with experienced guys, and some trial and error stuff. Plus friends who have taught me lots. For years I did ok locating smaller fish just couldn’t find the big ones.

I can remember landing my fist few 5lbers and being soooo happy. 
My 5's are numerous now, i have half dozen 6's, two over 7 ... and my PB 8+  ... (all caught in New York).

The jig & topwater frogs have accounted for most of the bigger fish, i don't leave home without either one.
Braid has been a huge plus too, i'll chuck my jig into the nastiest looking cover now with no hesitation.

Here’s a little recap of my bigger bass over the past 5 years  …

Last but not least … the giant 8lb 4oz Personal Best taken in October 2013 !!   :o

Hitting the 8lb mark in the Northeast is something i had always thought about, and it finally happened.
Now i serch for a 9  ;D

Thanks for looking,
BB

Bring on the Stripers !!!

Fishb4Family

Re: My Big Bass over the years
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2014, 10:45 AM »
Very VERY nice fish. We don't see too many of those up here in Maine. I fish tournaments regularly, and the biggest fish i've seen weighed in over the past 5 years was 7lbs. That wakebait you were using in your first picture, was it purchased from a big manufacturer, or a custom bait someone made? It looks familiar?

bassinbrian

• In search of Lunkers !
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2014, 02:45 PM »
Very VERY nice fish. We don't see too many of those up here in Maine. I fish tournaments regularly, and the biggest fish i've seen weighed in over the past 5 years was 7lbs. That wakebait you were using in your first picture, was it purchased from a big manufacturer, or a custom bait someone made? It looks familiar?

Thanks
That bait is the MS Slammer ... i have caught a number of fish on it, but no real giants yet.

Fishb4Family

« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2014, 02:53 PM »
I love those massive baits, mostly because people are afraid to throw them. I believe there is a guy in NH or Mass that custom makes those also. I've heard good things about them, just can't find em for sale.

wellsley

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Real nice Brian, congrats. My best bass is a 6 1/2 lb smallie I've caught several 5lb bucket mouths but can't hit the 6lb mark.
LIFE MEMBER OF NORTH AMERICA FISHING CLUB

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2014, 09:34 PM »
that 8 lber is a BEAST nice Largies... my pb is 7 lbs give or take, the size of that crankbait in that first pic you are using for bass is huge!, awesome

bassinbrian

• In search of Lunkers !
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2014, 01:54 PM »
Wells - that's a giant smallie, i lack in that dept ... my best is only 3.5 for the bronzebacks

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2014, 09:31 PM »
Great looking bass Brian....  I could have used some of those in tournaments this summer... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Very nice catches!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2014, 03:12 PM »
nice bass, BB.  I got one here you forgot

that was that queechy lake fish that we thought was a giant...just another meesly 5lber...  ::) :o

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2014, 05:44 PM »
  Nice.. :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :flag:

Bartman44

« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2014, 06:11 PM »
Nice collection Brian. You're living proof that you don't need a big rig to score big. 

bassinbrian

• In search of Lunkers !
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2014, 08:04 PM »
Thanks guys !

Yeah Bigred, that was another good one, crushed my bait on impact, huge head shake :flex:

... and YOU my friend are a big part of my success in finding these slobs. You teaching me the way of the jig has been very bad for the bass haha ;D
I never leave home without it. Thanks bud.

BB

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #13 on: Jan 15, 2014, 09:20 AM »

... and YOU my friend are a big part of my success in finding these slobs. You teaching me the way of the jig has been very bad for the bass haha ;D
I never leave home without it. Thanks bud.

you picked up the jig thing quick.   Heck, I remember back before you even used casting rods ;D

dimebrite

« Reply #14 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:08 PM »
Man...nice pigs there. My biggest is probably between 5 and 6 but I'm by no means a true bass fisher. That 8+ is a true pig. Thanks for sharing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.