FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512907 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3165 on: Sep 28, 2019, 11:11 AM »
  I'm surprised you don't have a de-hydrator Bob. Nice pull, mine are loaded too.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3166 on: Sep 28, 2019, 04:14 PM »
Not veggie garden

But we got to work last weekend on the bushes, shrubs and trees in our front gardens.  Badly needed and it really made a huge difference on the curb appeal of the house.

I also pulled a ton of weeds.  Wanted to mulch it but decided to wait till spring for that.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3167 on: Sep 28, 2019, 04:42 PM »
  I'm surprised you don't have a de-hydrator Bob. Nice pull, mine are loaded too.
I've been watching at Goodwill for one Ed. I don't dry a lot of stuff. Herbs dry quite nicely in paper bags hung in the basement. Garlic sets up in the garage ( just brought that inside today). Gave some thought to building one ( I know I can do that), but it's one more thing hanging around waiting to be used.

I've got faith in Dom. If he says hanging them to dry over my dehumidifier will work....I'll go for it. If it doesn't, I'm taking a road trip to raid his freezer😁.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3168 on: Sep 28, 2019, 09:49 PM »
I've been watching at Goodwill for one Ed. I don't dry a lot of stuff. Herbs dry quite nicely in paper bags hung in the basement. Garlic sets up in the garage ( just brought that inside today). Gave some thought to building one ( I know I can do that), but it's one more thing hanging around waiting to be used.

I've got faith in Dom. If he says hanging them to dry over my dehumidifier will work....I'll go for it. If it doesn't, I'm taking a road trip to raid his freezer😁.

Rg
We use the heck out of ours, herbs, garlic, peppers, jerky. One usefull tool for sure.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3169 on: Sep 29, 2019, 07:04 AM »
Scored some homemade Italian sausage yesterday so looks like garden peppers and sausage in the crockpot today...
Just need to stop at the friendly bake shop for fresh rolls... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #3170 on: Sep 29, 2019, 07:10 AM »

picked the last of the green peppers ,
 So it was stuffed peppers for supper

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3171 on: Sep 29, 2019, 06:18 PM »
Processed up the last pick of peppers today. Froze most of them and made a batch of sweet mustard pepper relish. Very tasty stuff.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3172 on: Sep 30, 2019, 04:58 AM »
The sausage and peppers were awesome..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3173 on: Sep 30, 2019, 05:26 AM »
Looks delish Dom.
Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3174 on: Sep 30, 2019, 07:27 AM »
Thanks Bob..
The lady that moved in way down the hill is known as "The Garlic Guru ".
She was open yesterday and it was amazing.  I never knew how many varieties there are.  Wish i had my phone to take pictures of her set up.. 
She gave us several different samples..
Than she asked if we ever tried Black Garlic?   Said i never heard of it..   Had the texture of a gummy bear and a very unique flavor.   You dont grow it you make it.   You have to look it up and try it....   We will be trying to make some..

filetandrelease

« Reply #3175 on: Sep 30, 2019, 11:41 AM »

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3176 on: Sep 30, 2019, 11:45 AM »

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3177 on: Sep 30, 2019, 02:56 PM »
Sounds interesting. Does she sell seed?

Friends of min went to the "Stinking Rose Festival" in Gilroy Ca. Brought back some great recipes and garlic.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3178 on: Sep 30, 2019, 04:20 PM »
Showed my bride the black garlic. Told her the process and that the house would smell like garlic for a while. She was quite fine with that.

Love that old girl!

I'll be setting up our little slow cooker in the basement tomorrow. Heaven knows I have enough garlic to experiment.

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #3179 on: Sep 30, 2019, 06:12 PM »

Nice I like the smell to ,
 My wife had the house smelling like thyme and rosemary
 Then it was chives , 👍

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.