MyFishFinder By Species > Bass

Got a new rod!

(1/2) > >>

jones-in-vermont:
So I was in need of a new baitcasting rod, and had a tight budget. I bought the new Daiwa Laguna 7' MH Fast action. Ive fished it once so far, and it is a great rod. pretty sensitive, pretty light, and its longer handle balances nicely with my Shimano cardiff 400a, which isnt an easy reel to balance btw. The rod is rated to 1 oz, but can easily cast up to 2 oz, though as a regular thing i probably would exceed 1.5 oz or so.....Overall, im happy with the rod, and seems to be worth the $47 i paid for it, and i am likely to get one of the spinning rod models in the future.

jibbs:
Just curious what kind of lures are you throwing that are over 1 oz?

jones-in-vermont:

--- Quote from: jibbs on Mar 26, 2013, 10:39 AM ---Just curious what kind of lures are you throwing that are over 1 oz?

--- End quote ---
Honsetly, very few. I do have a couple larger cranks that are pushing 1oz. But the reason i took the time to see how it handles the heavier weights is because I have been thinking about getting some smaller musky spinners to use for pike, and i cannot find any under 1-1.5 oz. Smaller swimbaits have been tempting me as well. Since those arent lures i would be using all the time, i figured i could find a compromise and throw them on my general purpose rod if i can find a bait that is small enough.

jibbs:

--- Quote from: jones-in-vermont on Mar 26, 2013, 10:48 AM --- Honsetly, very few. I do have a couple larger cranks that are pushing 1oz. But the reason i took the time to see how it handles the heavier weights is because I have been thinking about getting some smaller musky spinners to use for pike, and i cannot find any under 1-1.5 oz. Smaller swimbaits have been tempting me as well. Since those arent lures i would be using all the time, i figured i could find a compromise and throw them on my general purpose rod if i can find a bait that is small enough.

--- End quote ---
i see... I think the heaviest lure I throw is one ounce and that a Carolina rig...I do throw a ton if 3/4 oz football jigs and I'm sure the Norman dd22 must be close to an oz

jones-in-vermont:

--- Quote from: jibbs on Mar 26, 2013, 04:11 PM ---i see... I think the heaviest lure I throw is one ounce and that a Carolina rig...I do throw a ton if 3/4 oz football jigs and I'm sure the Norman dd22 must be close to an oz

--- End quote ---
Ya know, I CANT BUY A BITE if i weight my soft plastics, or try fishing a bass jig. Thats one thing i would like to get better at, is jig fishing.  I understand the concept, but for whatever reason, success eludes me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version