MyFishFinder By Species > Bass

THE JITTERBUG

(1/5) > >>

chez:
How many guys out there like the JITTER BUG LURE?DO you use 1 at least once a year.What other fish other than bass have you caught on one.My wildest fish was a FALL FISH in the river.Red and white broken back JITTERBUG.

william berger:
I'm a fan of the jitterbug- I haven't been upstate for freshwater fishing much in the last few years but I always did well with the frog pattern in between lily pads. Nothing more awesome than watching a 5 lb fish do a full body breach and smash it as soon as it hits the water! I've never tried it in a river though.

stripernut:
I fish Jitterbugs at night all the time. When I started guiding  over 20 years ago it was at night for bass with a jitterbug. I guaranteed a 5 lb LM or a 3 lb SM or better and I never gave a way a trip! Many 7-9 lb LM. This past season I finally got a walleye on one that was about 5 lbs and missed a number of other walleye.  I landed a 9 lb channel cat one time, lots of rock bass, a couple Crappy, a nice sun fish a couple weeks ago and I am still working on it, but I will get a trout on one this year! A great lure!

chez:
My dad had me throwing these lures since I was 9 years old.Im 50 now. I use them every year.Great results for me for 41 years.I can remember every Saturday watchin wresteling with my dad.5pm till6pm.CHEIF JAY STRONGBOW,IVAN PUTSKI,THE GRAND WIZARD GEORGE THE ANIMAL STEEL AND HAYSTACK CAHOON.Right after that we were on our way for bass.The boat in his truck the battery charged and away we would go.NOTHING FANCY 12' john boat 36lb plugler motor a few floatin REBELS ,[,RAPALAS WERENT BIG AT THIS TIME].and a bunch of JITTERBUGS FOR WHEN IT GOT DARK.
These were the best days of my life for a kid.I would loose sleep Friday nite thinking about our fishing trip the next day.WE always had luck after dark with the JITTERBUGS.I can still remember my dad getting on me about trying to set the hook on the first splash.he would say{wait till you feel him on the line before you try to set the hook}I would get so upset because I couldent see the fish hit in the dark but,i could hear it splash.WHAT A SOUND.YOU GUYS THAT USE THEM KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.SINCE THEN I LEARNED TO WAIT FOR THE PULL.DAD DONT FISH MUCH ANYMORE HES 78,I GET HIM OUT FOR GILLS AFEW TIMES A YEAR BUT THATS ABOUT IT.I HAVE SOME GREAT MEMORIES  FISHING FOR BASS WITH MY DAD AND THE JITTERBUGS.GOOD LUCK GUYS.

coho333:
I like using a black jitter bug after dark I have caught some of my biggest bass on them and a few crappie and a pike just before dark one night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version