FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: May Trolling  (Read 2016 times)

fish wayniac

May Trolling
« on: May 23, 2021, 06:59 AM »
I have been out 4 times since the last time I posted.
The first outing I fished solo on a Friday in the rain. I caught 2 Browns that morning.
The second outing we fished a different pond . I will also be staying at a camp there in July. It was a windy rough morning on the water. My steering bracket broke on my kicker motor while fighting the wind. My 70 doesn’t troll down slow enough even with the plate down. So our best move was to motor up the lake and drift fish. We caught 2 Browns  drifting live shiners to salvage the day.
The 3 rd trip was a camping / fishing weekend at Sebago state park. Saturday we threw everything at them and got skunked. Sunday was a game changer. We got 9 Salmon in the boat in 3-1/2 hours. I kept a 17” and Dan kept a 18” .
The Fourth outing was yesterday. Sean and I landed 6 Browns each . We had doubles twice and I lost a good one when I was trying to net mine when he was battling his.
It has been a fun month.

joefishmore

Re: May Trolling
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 07:33 AM »
Nice pictures from a successful angler. What was that chartreuse lure in the fish's mouth ?

fish wayniac

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 10:11 AM »
Nice pictures from a successful angler. What was that chartreuse lure in the fish's mouth ?
Hi Joe, The green and silver lure is a speedy shiner.

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 02:19 PM »
Nice fish Wayne. Stripers are here.

fish wayniac

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 03:30 PM »
Nice fish Wayne. Stripers are here.
Nick, I have been hearing reports about the Striper’s showing up as well. I will be after them soon.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 04:31 PM »
Nice fish, Wayne.  As always, love the browns 8)  What water temps are you seeing out there?

zwiggles

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 04:52 PM »
Nice batch of fish!

fish wayniac

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 05:19 PM »
Nice fish, Wayne.  As always, love the browns 8)  What water temps are you seeing out there?
Jim , This past Saturday because the lack of rain the water surface was already 68* . We were marking most fish close to bottom but we saw them rising on the surface feeding on bugs.

On the 15 th on Sebago the water was 58*_60 * . The salmon were biting closer to shore on Sunday in 35-45 ft of water. Saturday we got skunked out deeper.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 06:35 PM »
Thanks.  This lack of rain is a problem and not only here.  I was out in Central NY last week and it's already getting low.  The low water heated up fast.

Jim , This past Saturday because the lack of rain the water surface was already 68* . We were marking most fish close to bottom but we saw them rising on the surface feeding on bugs.

On the 15 th on Sebago the water was 58*_60 * . The salmon were biting closer to shore on Sunday in 35-45 ft of water. Saturday we got skunked out deeper.

Stickbait

« Reply #9 on: Jun 01, 2021, 11:22 AM »
Nice fish. Solid month for sure. Your boat set up looks good. Functional , easy to get at everything,and plenty of open space.

Scalloper

• 73 lbs Atlantic Hal june 2009
« Reply #10 on: Jun 01, 2021, 09:17 PM »
Beautiful fish, congrats. I have not caught a brown or rainbow in Maine for close to 20 years.
Its a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job

fish wayniac

« Reply #11 on: Jun 03, 2021, 05:51 PM »
Beautiful fish, congrats. I have not caught a brown or rainbow in Maine for close to 20 years.
Doug, Thanks! You and your wife are to busy catching Salmon. Ha ha!

MarkNFish

« Reply #12 on: Jun 04, 2021, 06:48 AM »
Nice job.

Typical May trolling...wool coats and knit hats to tank tops and shorts!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.