FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Cobbosseecontee  (Read 1481 times)

Pikin Aint Easy

Lake Cobbosseecontee
« on: Jun 04, 2021, 11:25 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I am going on my annual early season Guys fishing trip and this year's destination is Lake Cobbosseecontee. We will be fishing hard from Saturday 6/5 through Tuesday 6/8 and it looks like we have a serious heat wave coming our way....who knows how the fish will react;)

We will be putting our efforts towards Pike and Bass, with a heavy focus on huge pike and potentially a huge Large Mouth! Most folks will be throwing massive spinner baits such as mepps giant killers and bigger....and I am sure a few others will be focusing more towards bass with Jig and Pig, Senkos, etc...

Obviously for Pike we will be looking for the cabbage and focusing on 5-15 feet of water as I suspect they haven't really moved too deep yet.  Bass on the other hand we will try a few feet of water to at least 20 feet of water to see where they are gathering...

I will look to report our efforts to try and help anyone else this year that may head up there. If anyone would like to share what has or hasn't worked at that lake in the past, please do as it would much appreciated with a huge body of water to figure out. Not looking for anyone to share spots but more technique etc if they'd like;)

Cheers!
Dustin

Steve H.

Re: Lake Cobbosseecontee
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2021, 01:00 PM »
Never fished it, as I always head a bit further north to the Belgrades.  Good luck and I'm looking forward to hear how you do.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Pikin Aint Easy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2021, 01:20 PM »
Same, Steve! Belgrades are our absolute favorite and we always do a Spring and Fall trip up there with great luck for Pike and Bass. However, this lake has always caught my eye and the opportunity finally has presented itself. I hope we can use some similar tactics as the Belgrades...but we will sure find out;)

I will definitely be happy to report how we did later next week with pictures and all, hopefully!

Cheers!
Dustin

Smallmouth Squarepants

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2021, 07:56 AM »
Good luck dude, I fished little Cobby at the end of April and had a decent time for bass, both size and numbers. Pike was more dinked out (I assume the bigger ones are in the main lake), but numerous. Also my partner caught a 15"+ crappie on a full sized spinnerbait with a 4.8 trailer (this seems to be the year of HUGE crappie, I pulled one out of pond here in southern Maine that was bigger on the same set up, and I have been hearing from folks that they are getting into the big ones all around the area as well.)

Bills25

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2021, 07:42 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I am going on my annual early season Guys fishing trip and this year's destination is Lake Cobbosseecontee. We will be fishing hard from Saturday 6/5 through Tuesday 6/8 and it looks like we have a serious heat wave coming our way....who knows how the fish will react;)

We will be putting our efforts towards Pike and Bass, with a heavy focus on huge pike and potentially a huge Large Mouth! Most folks will be throwing massive spinner baits such as mepps giant killers and bigger....and I am sure a few others will be focusing more towards bass with Jig and Pig, Senkos, etc...

Obviously for Pike we will be looking for the cabbage and focusing on 5-15 feet of water as I suspect they haven't really moved too deep yet.  Bass on the other hand we will try a few feet of water to at least 20 feet of water to see where they are gathering...

I will look to report our efforts to try and help anyone else this year that may head up there. If anyone would like to share what has or hasn't worked at that lake in the past, please do as it would much appreciated with a huge body of water to figure out. Not looking for anyone to share spots but more technique etc if they'd like;)

Cheers!
Dustin

Hey, how was the Cobbosseecontee trip.  Interested to hear your results?

woodchip1

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2021, 07:17 PM »
This is a lake that has Larger Yellow Perch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.