FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullheads  (Read 16835 times)

filetandrelease

Re: Bullheads
« Reply #45 on: Apr 06, 2020, 05:56 AM »

Well done Edd

iceman13166

« Reply #46 on: Apr 07, 2020, 10:49 AM »
The bite is strong and steady in Fair Haven at the Park pond.  I've fished a couple different spots up there and have brought home 7 five gallon bucket fulls so far for the season and last night had a Doe try her luck against my Rough Country Bumper and needless to say she didn't make it and at 60mph I wasn't gonna attempt to see what was left.  But I will say use leeches.  I've been out performing guys all around me.  Spoke with a guy last night after I filled 1 bucket and he was a federal officer laidoff and drove an 1.5hrs to fish there and he had only caught 2 bullhead and a few dink perch.  He made the comment I must be in the hole, I asked him whats his bait which I knew was worms since he's catching the perch and gave him a couple leeches.  Long story short when I left I gave him 15 bullhead to start his bucket and left with with about 3 doz leeches so he can take a meal home to his family. 

justfishin

« Reply #47 on: Apr 07, 2020, 11:36 AM »
Way to go Iceman

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #48 on: Apr 07, 2020, 02:20 PM »
The bite is strong and steady in Fair Haven at the Park pond.  I've fished a couple different spots up there and have brought home 7 five gallon bucket fulls so far for the season and last night had a Doe try her luck against my Rough Country Bumper and needless to say she didn't make it and at 60mph I wasn't gonna attempt to see what was left.  But I will say use leeches.  I've been out performing guys all around me.  Spoke with a guy last night after I filled 1 bucket and he was a federal officer laidoff and drove an 1.5hrs to fish there and he had only caught 2 bullhead and a few dink perch.  He made the comment I must be in the hole, I asked him whats his bait which I knew was worms since he's catching the perch and gave him a couple leeches.  Long story short when I left I gave him 15 bullhead to start his bucket and left with with about 3 doz leeches so he can take a meal home to his family.

Very thoughtful of you, nice work!

old man river

« Reply #49 on: Apr 07, 2020, 05:39 PM »
 got out today on Seneca river ,
Montezuma backside refuse at the carp pool
caught 43 nice eating bullheads
had 8 with my dad for supper
 8)  nice to get out
ralph
ralph

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #50 on: Apr 07, 2020, 05:44 PM »
Iceman,
That is a great gesture and really shows how much you care about others! I hope karma comes back to you 100 fold!

wally13

« Reply #51 on: Apr 07, 2020, 08:56 PM »
WAY TO GO ICEMAN GOOD JOB 

iceman13166

« Reply #52 on: Apr 08, 2020, 06:32 AM »
Well Karma didn't do me to well monday night.  On the way home after giving the gentleman a bunch of bullhead to make sure he had a nice meal for his family and giving him a bunch of free leeches I had a Doe commit suicide.  Broadside to my front end.  She didn't suffer but ended up denting in my bumper some.  But still trying to help others.  Met another older gentleman last night up there and spread the wealth of leeches to him and left when the ran started.  I just hope that when I pass that I have the showing of love and support at my services that my father did.  That's all I'm aiming for is to be half the man my father was.  Now if only I can get my boat running I really wanna get out and get some perch because my mother doesn't eat bullhead and I know she wants a fresh fish meal as well.  If anyone needs a partner to go some weekend for perch let me know.  I'll buy all the minnows.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #53 on: Apr 08, 2020, 07:18 AM »
Only managed a couple on Monday. Passed on yesterday to get my yard cleaned up. I'll probably try later today. Maybe the rain will wake them up.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #54 on: Apr 08, 2020, 05:29 PM »
Needed some social distancing this afternoon when I got from work. Managed 8 in a couple hours. Sun came out and they shut down.

But....it's eight more than I had.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

iceman13166

« Reply #55 on: Apr 09, 2020, 03:51 AM »
I was out again.  Ran into an older man that I met tuesday night and he set up along side me.  He and I were pulling them in hand over fist while guys to the left of me and right of him were just watching.  I had given him about 3 doz leeches on tuesday and that's what he used per my advice and we had a blast.  Everyone around was using worms and struggling to keep the dink perch and bowfin off their hooks.  He took away 1 bucket and I took 2 last night.  Now time to take a few days off with the upcoming wind.  Tight lines everyone

Mac Attack

« Reply #56 on: Apr 09, 2020, 07:43 AM »
I use leeches when fishing for kitties on The Catt to keep the smaller fish from picking the hook clean.
They don't bother with the leech and cats love them.
Also smallies and walleyes love them too so I get an occasional bonus fish

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #57 on: Apr 10, 2020, 07:09 AM »
Cleaned a dozen yesterday. Taking them in to one of my coworkers. Poor guy is in his 60's, had a hip,replacement last year and is waiting for surgery to have his other hip replaced as well. He's almost at the point where he is unable to walk and has no idea when he might be scheduled again.

With all that, he's still one of the friendliest individuals you'd ever meet.

Probably won't get out again till Sunday with this lousy weather.

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #58 on: Apr 10, 2020, 07:24 AM »

RG I’m sure he will appreciate it

Mac Attack

« Reply #59 on: Apr 10, 2020, 09:07 AM »
good man Bob.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.