FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ice out  (Read 2194 times)

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
Ice out
« on: Apr 06, 2020, 10:02 PM »
A bit anticlimactic as per usual, but ice out was called today 04/06/2020 on Winni.
Hung in there longer than I thought....

bikrsrule

Re: Ice out
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2020, 03:34 AM »
After being on the lake on april 2nd and 4th I am surprised that ice out hadnt already been declared, I didnt see a single ice chunk in the 2 days  I was out.

Roccus

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2020, 07:47 AM »
The whole season was kind of muddled.
It just felt strange..my lake has been wide open for a week..that place usually doesn't get that way until May..
It went from comfortable to unsafe in a out 9 days.. crazy.

With all this nonsense going on, can't even trailer up to fish the big lake with the Pricess.. I'll have to settle for sea run white perch if I can find a few... just can't get excited over hatchery trout.

deerhunter

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2020, 08:43 AM »
are you going local, joe or down the cape. I,ve tried a few times in the past but no luck. gotta get them when they are running, usually mid april.

Roccus

« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2020, 09:42 AM »
are you going local, joe or down the cape. I,ve tried a few times in the past but no luck. gotta get them when they are running, usually mid april.
Local... I haven't fished the Cape in 30 years, not going to start now.

deerhunter

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2020, 10:18 AM »
ive heard the river just south from your home river has some

Steve H.

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2020, 11:08 AM »
I'll have to settle for sea run white perch if I can find a few... just can't get excited over hatchery trout.

If you're gonna hit the Squamscot or Taylor, let me know.  Haven't heard anything yet, but if Suds is selling sea worms it's usually on.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Roccus

« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2020, 11:21 AM »
ive heard the river just south from your home river has some
It's been a few years, but I've got an old honey hole, 20 minutes from me, there was a day when there wasn't enough room on the bank, last few years, I've been the only one

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2020, 01:04 PM »
After being on the lake on april 2nd and 4th I am surprised that ice out hadnt already been declared, I didnt see a single ice chunk in the 2 days  I was out.
Emerson Aviation is the official caller and the MT Washington has to be able to get in and out of all Ports of call. There's always fishing going on prior, hence the term anticlimactic.
Definitely was a muddled season, Joe.
Good luck with the salty whities.

steve01987

« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2020, 02:27 PM »
If you're gonna hit the Squamscot or Taylor, let me know.  Haven't heard anything yet, but if Suds is selling sea worms it's usually on.

I drove by Suds in the last week or so and they've been closed several weeks due the virus. Definitely Call before going

Steve H.

« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2020, 02:39 PM »
I drove by Suds in the last week or so and they've been closed several weeks due the virus. Definitely Call before going

Oh wow.  Sorry to hear but good to know.  Thanks.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

deerhunter

« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2020, 05:33 PM »
It's been a few years, but I've got an old honey hole, 20 minutes from me, there was a day when there wasn't enough room on the bank, last few years, I've been the only one
                             .save me a couple fillets if you get em. id like to go but with this flu crap I been laying low. missed my brown trip to Ontario because of it. im not happy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.