FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: torqued off  (Read 2758 times)

darkhousefisher

torqued off
« on: Jul 23, 2006, 12:44 AM »
I did almost everything right.  I brined my bait, replaced old swivels and hooks, and hunted for a good spot for my setlines.  What I didn't plan on was the STUPID HUMAN factor.  I went back to check my lines...only to find one stolen and the other wound up in a big ball.  Some dirty no good rat stole and vandelized my setlines.  Okay I can see why they stole the $2.59 setline, but what's with the senseless vandalism?  So on the way home I got to thinking, "How can I catch more fish?"  And this whole time the answer has been right in front of me.  My Dad is a licensed blaster,  he has blasting caps, blasting caps go BOOM.  I know what your thinking, that's right, I'll rig them setlines to blow the fingers off the next S.O.B. that tries to mess with my lines, then I'll get all my fish.
Darkhouse

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: torqued off
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2006, 01:42 AM »
Don't go with all the expensive stuff, and next time hide them better or check them sooner.
Are you setting them from the bank or from a boat?
If from a boat find the branches that almost touch the water, so that the line is concealed a little better.
And if from shore tie them to bushy bushes to there are harder to see.  ;)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2006, 10:28 AM »
Some people goof with setlines because they feel they are unethical, they are even unlawful in some states. It aways seems there is someone ready to force their own views on everone else. If setlines are legal in your state,
you will just have to hide them better. Better luck next time.

darkhousefisher

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2006, 11:19 PM »
I have a good spot for em, but it's quite a hike, and crawl to get there.  I had my 5 month old son with me so I had to set them where I could take him with me.  I tucked em up under the bank and hid them w/ weeds, but I suppose they just seen the fish thrashing around  found em that way.  Oh well I guess I learned my lesson. 
Darkhouse
P.S. I think I'll stick with my blasting cap idea.

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2006, 04:05 PM »
If you've got some spare time, just lay low and watch them for a day, youll find out who is messing with them, instead of blasting there fingers off and ending up in jail you can comfront the person.    When I had some setlines out they used to get messed with on an occasion or two.     Skipper is right, some people mess with them because they think they are wrong.     Someone might have been curious also, and just got a bit too carried away when they saw the fish on the line.       
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.