FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Noodlin!  (Read 5557 times)

Mikepike

Noodlin!
« on: Mar 28, 2005, 03:34 PM »
I read a article somewhere about this, basically, These idiots go to flathead cat holes, stick their fingers in holes the find in rivers and wiggle them around. The catfish see the tastey fingers and engulf them! Then the idiot grabs them and heave em into the boat! Anyone ever try this, or know anyone who does it?

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Noodlin!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2005, 03:53 PM »
It kinda popular in the South, guys die or lose arms every now and then. Its something I would do, definitely. There's even a movie, the noodlers counterpart to the successful line Girls Gone Wild, its called Girls Gone Grabblin! (I'm dead serious, I'll look for a link.) There's some weird people in this world... ::)

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2005, 05:07 PM »
There was a segment on tv showing those crazy southern boys wading and swimming down the river bank and pulling out 20-30lb flathead catfish out of holes in the bank and under logs. Same holes could also hold snapping turtles and water mochasins (sp). :cookoo: :cookoo:
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2005, 05:15 PM »
Same holes could also hold snapping turtles and water mochasins (sp). :cookoo: :cookoo:
That's true, the sometimes do. Also, beavers are in the on occasion. Guys say they're the worst.

Deposit

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:17 PM »
When I live down south for a year I knew a guy who used to noodle (notice the use to) After he showed me the scars the cat gave him when it dragged him under and then twisted catch him in the gut and chest with its spines!!!  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Stink Bait

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2005, 12:46 AM »
Now these girls are my kind of women!!!

http://www.catfishgrabblers.com/

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2005, 05:52 PM »
I even remember seeing the veteran noodler they call 'ol nubbins. He's called that because he has only a couple of fingers on each hand because he's lost them to snapping turtles. Also been bit by several water moccasins. The bites they give usually aren't fatal, especially with antivenom, but the bites are terribly painful and often cause massive tissue damage and gangrene, also sometimes requiring amputations. And unlike the much more deadly rattlesnake, they have savage dispositions and will actually attack.
Never seen noodlers around here. We don't have flatheads, only channels and the rare blue catfish. Our rivers are too deep and swift for noodling.

Tyler

Polar

« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2005, 06:24 PM »
When I was younger and foolish I tried it once. I'll NEVER do it again. Till this day I wonder who had who. 

Fresh-Water Freak

• Born To fish Forced to........Go to school
« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2005, 09:23 PM »
If it meant there is a chance of losing an arm or my life I sure wouldn't try it. :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
NOTHING!! Beats The Feeeling Of Hearing That Drag Let Lose When You Set The Hook On Big Red River CAT!!

archbishop

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 05:25 PM »
yeah but those southern boys aint all there i watched a show on travel or discovery and they were loving it just diving in where ever sticking there arm in any old hole and thought there was no real risk (just like dad said stick it in too many cat holes youll eventually loose it)

wormwigglr

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 05:52 PM »
Polar mentioned up top that he has done it before, do tell?

wormwigglr

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 05:53 PM »
i seen a show on it before too and the  guy noodling grab i think a 60lb. cat and on the fight up it broke his wrist.

devil-man

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 05:55 PM »
I can think of a lot of things I'd rather do.
If a cat is going to take me for a ride she better not have whiskers!

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2005, 10:25 PM »
If I new for sure there wasnt a snapping turtle in the hole or anything other than a catfish,  Id give noodling a shot
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #14 on: Jun 02, 2005, 08:04 AM »
I would go for the comedy, not fishing. Would bring some bandages and a cell phone for the emergency rescue.
Some people have TOOOOOOO much time on their hands.
Internet heros give it a rest!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.