FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite Bass Lure ?  (Read 11278 times)

acsacmboy

Re: Favorite Bass Lure ?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2004, 04:26 PM »
im a spinner bait man for largies but for smallies, im mostly a live bait fisherman. but i do fish for them using a jointed rap, sassy shads, and jigs. most of the time anyways in fishing in 15 feet plus. exept this year. the hot ticket for smallies at the st lawerence last year was 4-6 fow on top of a rocky shoal. use a bobber with a crab, minnow, or crawler 1 foot off the bottom using a noodle rod. deadly. cast while it is drifting. the year before that you got them between 25-12 fow. the year before that, 45-22 fow. changes changes. ;D. last year was honestly my worst year ever. even with all the new skills, it was the worst. the best day i had was 3 keeper bass, one 12.5, one 13.25 and a 16.5 incher.
Randy Mason
FLCC 09' Fisheries Technology major

Riverjet

« Reply #16 on: Mar 10, 2004, 08:47 PM »
Topwater would have to be a zara spook for large or smallies.
Tube or a  husky jerk for both.
Heaven is a shallow river & a jet

onyunn

• Bassin'
« Reply #17 on: Mar 10, 2004, 11:11 PM »
I would have to say:

1.  Senkos in black or pumpkin, wacky rigged
2.  Storm 4" Perch Chug Bug Top Water
3.  Lucky Craft Live Pointer 95SP - Ghost Minnow
There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process.  ~Paul O'Neil, 1965

mongo

« Reply #18 on: Mar 11, 2004, 06:34 PM »
1/2 oz to 1oz spinnerbait or senkos

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #19 on: Mar 12, 2004, 12:25 PM »
I have three
my fav. plastic is a 5" super fluke in white or green. works great in clear water.
my fav. hard bait is a smaller rattling crankbait. preferably the mini cordell super spot in fire tiger color.
My fav. topwater is a strike king popper.

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #20 on: Mar 12, 2004, 01:04 PM »
My go too bait will always be a jig and maybe a plastic worm a close second.

devil-man

« Reply #21 on: Mar 12, 2004, 04:11 PM »
1- Pumpkinseed Senko, 4" or 5", I killed 'em with this bait last year
2- Chartreuse Spinnerbait, medium-sized
3- Jig, no trailer, bounced off the bottom. This works well for me when the bite is tough.

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2004, 03:22 PM »
Senko, 7" red shad colored PowerWorm, Shad Rap, Jig-n-Pig, tubes, Zara Spook, rubber frogs...Oh hell, I dont want to type everything, so I'll stop there. Anything that I'm catching bass on is my favorite lure at the time :D

-Zach

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #23 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:43 PM »
I would have to say my best all around bass lure by far is a soft jerkbait in the 3 to 5" range. I like four inchers the best. Zoom Super Flukes, Super Fluke Jrs., Slug - o's, Fin S' Shads, and whipsticks are the best kinds. White, baby bass, yellows, browns and watermelon seed colors are good, as are natural baitfish and sometimes pink and chartreuse hues.
These baits are best fished texposed and on 6 pound mono. The light line casts them a country mile and makes them sink a bit faster, making them deadly in all depths. These lures will catch any bass that swims, and in clear, heavy pressured waters, they are generally the best thing next to a live minnow you can throw.
I think the best retrieve is deeper and slower. Just give the bait a good jerk or two, and let it glide down for 5 - 15 seconds, occasionally adding a little flick to the rod tip to give the lure a dying baitfish quiver. Most strikes will occur as the lure is slowly gliding down.
My other two favorite bass lures are smaller, medium diving cranks like risto raps, shad raps, bombers, and rattlin fat raps in the 1 1/2" to 2" body size. Smaller lures catch more fish and can still catch big ones.
A rapala skitter pop is pure death at topwater time in the mornings, evenings, and cloudy days. Just cast it out, and slowly bloop it back with long pauses, varying the intensity of each bloop. The funnest lure in the world to fish.

Tyler

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #24 on: Mar 15, 2004, 07:08 AM »
I personally like Storm's, Chug Bug for a first pick.

Second would be Mister Twisters weedless buzzbait in the perch color.
Harold

nuke1neil

« Reply #25 on: Mar 15, 2004, 07:43 PM »
Blue Fleck Powerworm.Don't tell me you don't know about this one.Texas rigged with bullet sinker.Bass NEVER drop it once they hit it.
At night- Jitterbug

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #26 on: Mar 16, 2004, 11:43 AM »
#1 Budweiser can crankbait
#2 Dance's eel

Neither one catch fish but the are just cool to own!

I'm kidding ;D

To be successful in bass fishing, you have to have a variety of lures for different situations, to cover different structure, cover, depths, weather, etc.  It's not a random selection of lures either, you have to have a plan and an arsenal to carry your plan out.  As conditions dictate, so should your lure selection.  If I had to pick a favorite lure, it wouldn't be my go to bait all of the time but only under certain circumstances, but it would be my favorite lure for different reasons.

My choice would be a buzzbait because I really get a kick out of the explosive hits that you can have with it.

bow-n-arrow-man

« Reply #27 on: Mar 16, 2004, 02:04 PM »
white spinner
black lizzard
black plastic worm
pig n jigs
rattletraps
poppers

Cider

« Reply #28 on: Mar 16, 2004, 03:36 PM »
#1 Budweiser can crankbait
#2 Dance's eel

Neither one catch fish but the are just cool to own!

Doh!!   ;D

icefishnh

« Reply #29 on: Mar 16, 2004, 07:32 PM »
c'mon guys, in all of these posts, only 1 guy named my fav lure.   and that was b a 3in slugo on a 1/0 hook...works for bass,pickeral and crappie
I like big fish and I cannot lie!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.