FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: central iowa  (Read 3847 times)

therealjt

central iowa
« on: Feb 12, 2009, 10:40 AM »
wheres the open water? not frozen enough to fish the ponds/lakes i want to fish. and not thawed enough to fish them either. i need to get a line wet.

jt
quoted from piker1
"flyfishing is just like eating popcorn , once ya start you can't stop lol ......"

krappieslayer

Re: central iowa
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2009, 05:14 AM »
Hey-

I just seen a few boats trolling in the Cedar River about 1/2 mile south of the Waverly dam.  Great walleye action when the water level is stable for a few days.  Lots of little dinks tho..

I think I recognize your name from the Shanty.. hopefully we can get more over on this one too.. 

take it easy

therealjt

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2009, 09:45 AM »
i had heard the walleye were biting below red rock... got down there and they dropped the water level to 4200 cfs. didn't catch a single one in an hour and a half but was bringing in carp. So i went down stream a little further by the boat ramp and gave snagging a try for the carp. i had a blast, though i dont eat carp.

jason
quoted from piker1
"flyfishing is just like eating popcorn , once ya start you can't stop lol ......"

spazman

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2009, 07:01 AM »
 I sure hope that the weather and rivers settle down a little. I'm hopeing to get over to the shellrock between Greene and Clarksville this weekend

therealjt

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2009, 11:20 AM »
crappie are starting to bite out this way ;D
quoted from piker1

BBK

« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2009, 09:16 PM »
Walleyes are just starting over here on the east side  ;D

brittlab

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2009, 03:30 PM »
the walleye bite has started to pick up on the local rivers
see you on the water. Mike

spazman

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2009, 06:52 AM »
 Fished below the Marble Rock dam. No walleye, 1 carp. Boss's bro caught a 38" pike on the Iowa somewhere around Rowan. 16Lbs

therealjt

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2009, 05:24 PM »
tossed crank baits at big creek today hoping for walleye but with all the wind they weren't biting. back at the crappie in the morning out this way
quoted from piker1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.