FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: THE BIG D.  (Read 52526 times)

slazenger28

Re: THE BIG D.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2010, 03:30 PM »
i'm going to buzz by the river early tomorrow and see if it is fishable. hopefully i don't get swept away

slazenger28

« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2010, 10:42 AM »
River is six feet high. Tried 10 mile launch for a few casts. No luck.

salmonrebel

• "YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!...TO GRILL IT!"
« Reply #17 on: Mar 16, 2010, 12:53 AM »
Got the canoe ready . Just wait for ice out. Waleyes are waitng. ;D
Now your talkin', Wired!
Can't wait to see the pics there, with you holding the eyes! 8)
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

boerboel

« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Any reports?  I am thinking about trying it this weekend.  Thanks

wiredstone

« Reply #19 on: Mar 24, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Nice eye ! She is blown out pretty good right now. Good for cats !
wooo fish on. Never mind

Locnar

« Reply #20 on: Mar 25, 2010, 06:01 PM »
ooo You are fishin for eyes in my spot, haha luckily Im usaully the only shore guy there this time of year. That is one of the better areas for eyes all year, but there are some others which I will obviously not divulge. Nice pics I need to get some of mine scanned and on here, will be funny having pics of eyes from the same place.

Locnar

« Reply #21 on: Mar 25, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Luckily Im all Catch and release except for stockie trout and perch during hardwater. My biggest eye from there was around 8 lb 26". Ya Late Fall/Early Winter and the Pre Spawn can be red hot then you get the post spawn and it becomes problematic. Smaller jigs tipped with fatheads can be killer when they turn off and I dont even do well post spawn, some of the old timers got the small tipped jig thing down, Im still getting the hang of it. When you fish from shore unfortunately you are forced into using much bigger jigs, unless you get a nice flood and a certain creek creating clean water/muddy water color line and I score bigtime then. Wow I just gave away Big Ds walleye secret for this time of year, but then again anyone can go read a few articles in an In fishermen and figure it all out anyway. Good luck to all on Big D it can be really good if you figure it out, and please catch and release as much as possible, eyes dont get 8 lb+ without C&R.

crafty

« Reply #22 on: Apr 01, 2010, 04:50 PM »
hey guys ,im just curious wheres the pics from?im new to ne p.a. and these river and lake names.i like catch and release,and bouncing from place to place in my kayak.

wiredstone

« Reply #23 on: Apr 02, 2010, 07:14 AM »
Fished from the shore this morning. River is high and the muskie are in shallow. No hits, but good to get out.
wooo fish on. Never mind

poconosfisher2

« Reply #24 on: Apr 04, 2010, 10:48 PM »
Fished the delaware yesterday, caught 4 smallies on jerk baits... had a bunch of other hits and follows as well.  Also had a muskie hit near the shore but didnt catch him.  Water was still pretty high but the color is good

crafty

« Reply #25 on: Apr 06, 2010, 02:02 PM »
hey mark ,thanks for the info.i thought all the talk was about the delaware river.listen i heard i have to get a launch permit for my kayake,what is that?and is that for any area in pa? ??? and is the delaware slow enough somewhere to use a kayake and thats productive?appreciate any info

Locnar

« Reply #26 on: Apr 06, 2010, 05:16 PM »
The section between Milford and Shawnee, sounds huge and it is, but there are so many productive slots in there. No shortage of smallies if you are good at reading the water and its pockets. Many riffle run situations for summer eyes as well, just be on the water a alot and you will find out.

crafty

« Reply #27 on: Apr 07, 2010, 11:05 AM »
locnar appreciate the info,it going to help save me alot of time having to do trial &erra about every place around, thanks.mark you definitly peeked my curiousity about that.where is that nasty part exactly.im just curious cause i take my old man with me sometimes and i dont want to have to worry about him rolling or something.im hitting 30,and in great shape but hes 64 and in alright shape :-\.i dont know if he'll be able to moneuvor quick :laugh:but thanks for your info too mark, i appreciate it.definitly helps save time for me.

Locnar

« Reply #28 on: Apr 07, 2010, 11:08 AM »
At the end of Foul Rift there is a very nice area, especially during low water for wading. The only trick is finding access, on the Jersey side there is a nice place to park right near where Foul Rift dumps in, it is a money spot for multiple species. I dont mind giving this spot out as it isnt fished much if the water isnt low and wadable. One of my honey holes, but good luck getting to it. If you wanna see a true shad funnel for the shore guy here is your spot, catch and release please, big smalies in the area and they dont get 6 lbs by being eaten by us, and believe me if you dont think 6 lb smallies live in the river all over then think again and change your tactics, I have a certain European technique that owns smallies on the river, but Im not telling that much.

Foul Rift is right near Belvidere and is many miles away from the Milford-Shawnee region, which has very little in the way of dangerous rapids

crafty

« Reply #29 on: Apr 07, 2010, 03:41 PM »
thanks for the info locnar.i didnt want you to put your spot out there like that if its a good one for ya,but i appreciate anyways.im always catch & release so dont worry about seeing them disappear.i just love paddling on the water and catching any kind of fish and just taking pics.but anyways how do you fish the river?do you have a canoe or kayake?cause im going to be going alot this summer so i can find out where to fish and what to throw at them that will make them go crazy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.