FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: THE BIG D.  (Read 52704 times)

dmntd169

Re: THE BIG D.
« Reply #45 on: Mar 01, 2011, 04:38 PM »
wired...the dingmans ferry bridge...is that the one you pay a toll?? if so, I know the exact spot...can you sucessfully shore fish this area? Or can I bring a boat and lauch somewhere?

I believe there is a pay launch just down river from the bridge...as to the toll, my buddy works the toll booth, haven't paid to cross that bridge in years  ;D ;D

Once walleye season closes I'll start putting time in on the D again...in the meantime, I'm too sick to be out on the ice so I'm making up a buncha shad spoons...its almost that time of year  ;D ;D
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

wiredstone

« Reply #46 on: Mar 01, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Last year I was getting shad 1st week of march  under rt 84 bridge
wooo fish on. Never mind

salmonrebel

• "YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!...TO GRILL IT!"
« Reply #47 on: Mar 01, 2011, 10:11 PM »
Man, that is some nice water down there. Beautiful pics, Wired.
Maybe a couple of the rebels will meet ya down there sometime. 8)
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #48 on: Mar 02, 2011, 07:15 AM »
Im definitely interested in walleye fishing the delaware this season...its such a beautiful river
    A Country Boy can Survive!

dmntd169

« Reply #49 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:42 AM »
Last year I was getting shad 1st week of march  under rt 84 bridge

Last year most of our ice was gone by then too  ;) ;)   Personally I prefer fishing for them once they make it to some of the tribs...I love p*ssing off the trout bums when I hook a shad and actually have to fight it to land it instead of just winching it in like 1 of those 10" stockies  ;D ;D

Im definitely interested in walleye fishing the delaware this season...its such a beautiful river

Hard to argue with that  ;D ;D  and the walleye fishing can be amazing if you put your time in and learn where they tend to stack up  ;D

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #50 on: Mar 02, 2011, 10:01 AM »
that stretch between pa and nj is open year round for eyes, correct? limit 3 18"? when is a good time to pursue them...ice out I imagine?

wiredstone

« Reply #51 on: Mar 02, 2011, 04:49 PM »
Ice should be almost out of here soon !
wooo fish on. Never mind

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #52 on: Mar 02, 2011, 04:57 PM »
good...this rebel is gettin antsy...but not before I take the next few days off to get in some more hard water fishin!

dmntd169

« Reply #53 on: Mar 02, 2011, 05:01 PM »
that stretch between pa and nj is open year round for eyes, correct? limit 3 18"? when is a good time to pursue them...ice out I imagine?

From I believe I84 down its open all year...3 fish @ 18"   If she doesn't get too muddied up, from now until they start spawning in early April are great times to fish for them (I do best on jigs this time of year until the water temps hit the mid 40s, then its jigs and stickbaits/ crankbaits)...it usually slows way down for me come early April until the end of the month (it varies on water temps) and then picks up again after they are done spawning

We've been picking at them through the ice on the river all winter although this year was pretty slow compared to years past. Still marked plenty so I know there's plenty of them still there but much fewer biters  :-\   Guess that means more for me to go put in the boat instead  ;D

ICE REBEL

• MEATS MEAT AN A MANS GOTTA EAT
« Reply #54 on: Mar 02, 2011, 07:37 PM »
I'm game for some good walleye fishing.

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #55 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:02 AM »
thinking about tryin out a stretch of river next saturday...

mikeymjr23

« Reply #56 on: Mar 03, 2011, 11:29 AM »
New to the area...going to be fishing more this year...living in Philly area.  Never fished for Shad before...would be interested in trying!

Locnar

« Reply #57 on: Mar 03, 2011, 06:43 PM »
Early season walleye is perhaps the most difficult fishing to be done in the river, during spawn and directly after when its cold and the water is high can be frustrating at best, thank god for early season shad. I do tend to catch some monster smallies right after ice out, caught one of my biggest ever early in the season on a shrimp from my lo mein I ate while parked looking at the water.

Locnar

« Reply #58 on: Mar 04, 2011, 11:45 AM »
Its still jacked, but Ive seen guys still dragging boats down and launching them when the water is higher, that was last fall dont know about now.

wiredstone

« Reply #59 on: Mar 06, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Worthington and Copper Mines launchs are open . The del gap is closed

wooo fish on. Never mind

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.