FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: new pfd law  (Read 27768 times)

snuffynra

Re: new pfd law
« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 2010, 08:46 AM »
LOL  too much time on the pc :-[  actually its  personal flotation device. ;D

GT66PONY

« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2010, 08:57 AM »

Lets call this obomas law , About as stupid as one of his!!!

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
Re: new pdf law
« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2010, 09:16 AM »
Black Lake has professional paid emergency services?  I don't think so...
I'm sorry - did I say ANYTHING about "paid professional services"?  What I said was that those services are paid for before they are provided.  There are many individuals in this world that are just waiting to respond to any emergency, and they LIKE it.  Sorry - but it is the truth.
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

snuffynra

« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2010, 10:04 AM »
hard to believe people still think the state or government is looking out for your welfare????

kjo43

« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2010, 11:24 AM »
  There are many individuals in this world that are just waiting to respond to any emergency, and they LIKE it.  Sorry - but it is the truth.

I mis-understood your point regarding the cost of the emergency services, agree that the budgets won't change. And there certainly are emergency service "junkies" in every town... anything that can help make their task easier and safer is a good thing in my mind.

snuffynra

« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2010, 04:04 PM »
i didnt even notice that they were removing comments? must be more of a  liberal movement going on here also?

FingerLakesBen

« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2010, 07:11 PM »
I'm a little confused, an ECO told us during duck season that you were only required to wear a pfd while underway.   ???  ???

indianoutlaw

« Reply #22 on: Mar 19, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Whenever your in any type of risky situation you should have some type of protection right? I have wore a life jacket almost every time i float the river, especially when its cold out. The 1st thing you do is panic when you hit cold water and id rather be panicking floating than panicking trying to float. Some situations are totally unpredictable. I dont really like being required to wear it but i did most of the time when its cold out and im in the water anyway. 

snuffynra

« Reply #23 on: Mar 19, 2010, 08:07 PM »
underway...is when ever the boat is not tied off or anchored,drifting is underway.

Johnson54

« Reply #24 on: Mar 19, 2010, 08:19 PM »
underway...is when ever the boat is not tied off or anchored,drifting is underway.
That is how I interpet it when I read the definition.

indianoutlaw

« Reply #25 on: Mar 19, 2010, 08:58 PM »
I think the purpose of this law is to protect the idiots and head hanchos who think they are rambo, from drowning, because there is a serious lack of emergency help if u need it, and it is much more dangerous when the water is that cold. Nobody likes to be told what to do but some people still have to be instructed, this law should definitely be addressed in the hunter safety course. I think the law is mainly to protect stupid waterfowl hunters. Not everyone who can pass a hunter education course can make a wise decision. I aint saying ima wear mine since i am the INDIANOUTLAW, but Ive seen and hunted with idiots who should wear a pfd ina bathtub!! Not everyones gon follow the law obviously, thats why its a law, not a fishin tip. Bet u we told dem idiots theyd catch more fish theyd wear it to bed!

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Mar 19, 2010, 10:27 PM »
This law isn't going to affect me one bit. I wear mine until the water gets to a temp that I would LIKE to jump into.
Is it NOT cool to wear a PFD. Call me a dork. :P
I also am having a hard time understanding how this could be a "Money grab" by the state. How is the state going to make any extra cash off this law? They're required to have on board anyway.
Buy a cool  8) one if you're so worried about HAVING to have one on for the month that you can actually fish open water around here.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

FingerLakesBen

« Reply #27 on: Mar 20, 2010, 03:17 AM »

If thats how the law is interpreted thats fine, I just wish there was some clarity.

wellsley

« Reply #28 on: Mar 20, 2010, 07:03 AM »
Some lakes almost never freeze. Seneca lake for instance and let me tell you that lake can go from looking like glass to 4' swales in no time. I fish it in the summer and always wear a pfd. My hat is off to anyone who fishes it in the winter.
I understand both sides to this  debate. If you wear a pfd and you fall in the water your chances of survival are greater. Someone your with could pull you out of the water or someone in a near by boat could. I save a guy last year in a adirondack lake after he capsized his canoe. He was by himself drinking beer not wearing a life jacket. I saw him struggling to grab onto the overturned canoe. So I quickly pulled in my line and powered up the boat and went over to him. I gave him a line and dragged him to shallow water where he could stand. I have know doubt he would have tired and drowned in the deep water had I not got him out of there. But had he been wearing a pfd even though he had been drinking, he would have been able to stay afloat and swim to shore.
LIFE MEMBER OF NORTH AMERICA FISHING CLUB

NYBeastFisher

• Gotta go Fish
« Reply #29 on: Mar 20, 2010, 09:07 AM »
state wants to make sure we all live a long TAX PAYING life,every fisherman they loose is thousands of dollars in licenses, registrations,fees and so on. glad they are looking out for us :cursing:

lol. good point

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.