FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: US Open at Shinnecock.  (Read 4807 times)

slipbob

US Open at Shinnecock.
« on: Jun 11, 2004, 12:35 PM »
Who's your pick folks?  I want to see Lefty do the back to back major thing.  As long as it's not Tiger I'm happy. 

shark

Re: US Open at Shinnecock.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2004, 05:43 PM »
Ernie,      He could put a hurtin on Tigers world ranking.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2004, 07:07 PM »
I'm with Mark,
The Big Easy  is on fire and due!

The course is a monster. The 7th is gonna tear them up....like the U.S. Open should!
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

shark

« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2004, 07:59 PM »
Tigers having a tough time Hitting a fairway lately, Its goin to be hard playing out of that rough.
 Who knows ,maybe he will find a Buick.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2004, 06:44 AM »
I get a smile every time I see a pro off in the junk like the rest of us.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

slipbob

« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2004, 09:20 AM »
I get a smile every time I see a pro off in the junk like the rest of us.

RG

So true RG. So true.  We have one course here called Saratoga National that's a 7300 yard beast and has some of the meanest blue fescue you could ask for.  Don't want to be in that stuff too much.  I am looking for somebody like Sergio or Darren Clarke here but the Europeans just don't do well at our national championship so history is not on their side.  Today's the first round so it should be interesting.  The golf channel has great coverage on every night this week with their post game show which is a lot of fun.   

slipbob

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2004, 11:54 AM »
Just check pgatour.com and we got Jay Haas through 17 holes at a solid 4 under.  It all depends on how the wind blows there.  Doesn't look like David Duval picked the best place to come back with a dismal 13 over par 83.  That's not gonna help your confidence and unfortunately isn't gonna help him have a shot at making the cut.  Nice guy but man he's lost as far as the golf game.  What a shame.

iceice

• FISH HARD
« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2004, 09:13 PM »
My pick is Satecckieeia Macuamagagouioa.ha ha!!I can never remember that kids name.After two rounds he has hade his A game.Should be the makings of a great weekend.
2005 17FT LUND MR PIKE                                                                                       
 90hp MERCURY OPTIMAX
WALKER DOWNRIGGERS
JUST ADD WATER!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 2004, 05:01 AM »
Look at Fred Funk go! The old guys are proving that  this course is all about accuracy and skill inside the 150 yd mark.

Still looks like anyone's win to me...one good round by any of 15 guys could take the whole thing. Any of the top 5 (except Ernie) could blow up in an instant.

RG

walleye_1

« Reply #9 on: Jun 21, 2004, 01:50 PM »
Boy, I think Retief Goosen has ice water in his veins. The man could not miss with his putter and those greens were like putting on a sidewalk! I was rooting for Lefty but Goosen definitely deserves the win.

RG - Could you believe the way Ernie blew up? Like you, I didn't foresee that happening. I'm just glad I don't have to play that course. It looked nasty!!     

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Jun 21, 2004, 05:36 PM »
I thought that putting and short game would probably win it. Ernie was on fire putting the last month. Goosen had a great round on the greens and it did it for him.

What a brutal course though. I play Blue Heron Hills with my son pretty often (he works there)...the greens there have been running about 11 and it's very tough. Can't imagine what Shinnecock would be like for the average golfer.

RG

slipbob

« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2004, 10:12 AM »
My brother and I talked Saturday night and he pegged it.  The "iron goose" was his call and he came through for us golf fans.  Why is it that everybody wins 2 not 3 or 4 or 1 but 2 US opens?  It's something about that tournament that breeds 2 time winners like crazy and that's about all they seem to win.  No masters and very few regular tour events.  Strange, very strange and is one of the great mysteries in prosports.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.