FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Why the pistons are winning  (Read 6995 times)

TroutFishingBear

Why the pistons are winning
« on: Jun 14, 2004, 04:01 PM »
The pistons are beating the lakers for two fundamental reasons: one is Karl Malone, A player the lakers desperately need to run the triangle-offense, is choking like he always has done in the playoffs. I know he is hurt, but he has played hurt in the regular season before, and about 10 times better too.
The lakers are also getting beaten because the pistons want it more. The lakers have won it 3 times in the last 4 years, so they are not as aggressive and adrenaline pumped like the pistons are.

The pistons will take it in 6, because the lakers will win one more, I know that much.

walleye_1

Re: Why the pistons are winning
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2004, 12:45 PM »
I think another reason is that the Lakers have forgotten that there's no 'I' in team. Too many big egos to satisfy on that team. Personally I can't wait to see them lose!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2004, 01:02 PM »
I think another reason is that the Lakers have forgotten that there's no 'I' in team. Too many big egos to satisfy on that team.

Yeah, i don't care so much about shaq because he is a good person, and yes, he does need the ball more. But Kobe whines a lot about shaq getting the ball more than he does, and it annoys me too!

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2004, 04:02 PM »
You also have to remember, Malone is a lot older than when he used to come off the bench. Injuries now take longer to heal properly, and his body is just worn down. The Lakers aren't getting enough support from the supporting cast, such as Gary Payton, Kareem Rush, and Derek Fisher. The only player who has been putting up any numbers besides Kobe and Shaq is Luke Walton. I would think that after 4 games of crappy play, Phil Jackson would find a spot for him in the starting lineup. But give the Pistons credit, they're playing smothering defense, and are making the most out of the many turnovers that they're forcing LA to commit. It's about time an Eastern Conference team, who doesn't really on 2 players, is going to win an NBA title. The last E.C. team to win? Mike's Bulls, the most dominant team in NBA history. The Lakers are good, but they spent too much on Payton and Malone for the results they got. Who knows...next year, Malone is probably gone, Payton...well, who knows...and don't forget, Kobe is testing the free agent waters, as he has already made clear. It could be a new look Lakers team by the opening tip-off of next season.

-Zach

kerosenecounty17

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2004, 11:07 PM »
100 to 87.  Pistons win.  I hate basketball.  I'd rather watch my grass grow, but I had to watch just to see the Lakers loose.  I really hate it when a city or team owner can buy their way to a championship.  That's the Lakers in a nut-shell.  Same as the NY Yankees, and before salary cap days, SF and Dallas in the NFL.

kero

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2004, 01:27 PM »
Looks like I forgot all about basketball. Imagine that!  ;D

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2004, 10:43 PM »
It could be a new look Lakers team by the opening tip-off of next season.
-Zach

It won't even be close to the same. Shaq is requesting a trade, and Phil Jackson, the greatest coach in NBA history, is leaving the lakers. Lakers will not be good next year.

**** I hope shaq goes to the nuggets, but what hope is there for that?

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2004, 09:41 AM »
Could you imagine Kobe on the Nuggets? LMAO The entire state of Colorado already hates him...tha would just be nasty. Oh well, at least he could drive to and from court ;)

-Zach

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Jul 13, 2004, 11:30 AM »
Looks like Shaq is going to Miami, and Kobe may be staying in  LA...as a member of the Clippers! It's going to be a sad day in LA when the Clips are a better team than the Lakers.

-Zach

archbishop

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 01:46 PM »
well only one year removed from this topic and the pistons are right back up there and sorry eric but you may really need that vomit smiley cause zach has called out a sad day in la lakers 34-48 clippers 37-45 seems the clippers are the better la team :'( dont feel to bad though i know what you are going through im a knicks fan 33-49 worse than both la teams

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.