FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 559912 times)

1fish@atime

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #45 on: Jun 11, 2010, 06:54 AM »
Thanks Trap for the morning chuckle.
Slyr, find another reel and load it with a sinking line. Crossroads had some in the bargain bin for 10 bucks.
Add a 4lb mono leader and a wobble type spoon, I've always liked Hinkleys. That will give the streamer a tail flip, and jerky motion. Shortish leader from attractor to streamer 18" to 2'.  I've trolled streamers anytime of day with results.
Don't be afraid to tie on a 2" wooly bugger.....leeches are a favorite food....

adkbrookie

« Reply #46 on: Jun 11, 2010, 07:06 AM »
Thanks Trap for the morning chuckle.
Slyr, find another reel and load it with a sinking line. Crossroads had some in the bargain bin for 10 bucks.
Add a 4lb mono leader and a wobble type spoon, I've always liked Hinkleys. That will give the streamer a tail flip, and jerky motion. Shortish leader from attractor to streamer 18" to 2'.  I've trolled streamers anytime of day with results.
Don't be afraid to tie on a 2" wooly bugger.....leeches are a favorite food....

2X. the sinking line is worth it. run more than 1 fly too, you'll be amazed how much they seem to like choices.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #47 on: Jun 11, 2010, 10:27 AM »
i'm on lunch ....things i learned today ....DO NOT SNAG A MUSKRAT  WITH  FLYROD  WHILE IN KAYAK ....little  safty  tip  from the old trap .....anyone need any dubbing materal????????
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #48 on: Jun 11, 2010, 03:44 PM »
Trapper,
 You left out an IRS audit, your second cousin's nephew's graduation and mowing the lawn..... oh yeah...and "Lite" beer.

Did I mention that I don't really like trolling either?

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #49 on: Jun 11, 2010, 04:18 PM »
Trap,
Your posts are timeless man! Good stuff.
Sure trolling isn't like jigging, but I'm 33. I don't go to a nasty smelling, clown filled gym to keep in shape. I fish.
I find it relaxing to do laps around a small lake or pond. I'm sure when I get to be the age of knowing all the advantages of prep H, I'll end up hating it too.
Thanks for the tips and chuckles. I'll get the heck out of here.
You old f--ts go on wit yo bad selves!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

trapper2000

« Reply #50 on: Jun 11, 2010, 06:36 PM »
 lol perch  just having fun at your expense .....  thats something else  old  f--ts  are  good at ....  second  half of the  day played out  better as  far as  fish go ,  got a little sun today and  spent most my day on the water ...life is good  ...... 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #51 on: Jun 12, 2010, 01:23 AM »
 Gonna try out some of the "crappie treats" this morning. High anticipation level ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #52 on: Jun 12, 2010, 07:20 AM »
thundering  bad here and pouring hope it clears bye noon , good time to sip coffee and  fill the  popper box

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #53 on: Jun 12, 2010, 12:47 PM »
I made it out from 4:30 am to 6:00 then a big storm came through just North of me. I saw lightning and beat feet for home. Went back at 7:30. Caught my first catfish on a fly. About 3 lbs. Hit a small black/white clouser. FUUUUNNNNN!

Got a few bass and rockies. Searched for bluegills but no good luck.. I'm gonna hit the creek towards dusk. I have some new patterns to test ;D

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #54 on: Jun 13, 2010, 09:40 AM »
ok so   we had to dodge  rain showers and lightning  ...big deal better then kids on jet ski's  and  weekend warriors  .....  between   runs  to the lake i  premade  all kinds  of foam bodys , why ...i have no idea other then  they look good  on my  tying bench..... the fishing i did yesterday wasn't the best i even broke out the spinning rod  ....i'm not a purist  when it comes to flyfishing i hate  the ted turner dressed in orvis clothing  group more then the jet skiers  to be honest ....someone said the state was broke ...well i  just paid  8 bucks  for a  pack of cigerattes  ...2.73  a gallion for my  gas  ...5 bucks in losing lottery tickets .....  and  a 70 cent toll on a truway   that was supposed to be free  20 years  ago.....  my park is closed  ....and i don't think this  money proplem  with the state  is the fault of the  voters!!!!  omg  did our elected  (and unelected)  government officals  mess up???????

as i fished i have  come up with a  whole new plan! only  mothers with  at least 4 children   can run for state office!!!! mothers that were able to feed and cloth  there  children and send them to school ....ones  that  understood the  concept  not to spend money they didn't have and understood  what responcablity  means ! yup and theres a reason why i want  women to do this!  because   i want to fish  just like you guys  i don't want to be in charge of nothing but myself and which way i paddle!  women on the other hand would  take the time to  pay the bills  , and still make the state  look "PRETTY" ..... it's a new plan  but lets  face it  ,truth is  voting for  "profeesionals  sure as hell  didn't work !!!  .lets   toss  them out and  go in a new  direction

Gamma Fish

« Reply #55 on: Jun 13, 2010, 12:30 PM »
ok so   we had to dodge  rain showers and lightning  ...big deal better then kids on jet ski's  and  weekend warriors  .....  between   runs  to the lake i  premade  all kinds  of foam bodys , why ...i have no idea other then  they look good  on my  tying bench..... the fishing i did yesterday wasn't the best i even broke out the spinning rod  ....i'm not a purist  when it comes to flyfishing i hate  the ted turner dressed in orvis clothing  group more then the jet skiers  to be honest ....someone said the state was broke ...well i  just paid  8 bucks  for a  pack of cigerattes  ...2.73  a gallion for my  gas  ...5 bucks in losing lottery tickets .....  and  a 70 cent toll on a truway   that was supposed to be free  20 years  ago.....  my park is closed  ....and i don't think this  money proplem  with the state  is the fault of the  voters!!!!  omg  did our elected  (and unelected)  government officals  mess up???????

as i fished i have  come up with a  whole new plan! only  mothers with  at least 4 children   can run for state office!!!! mothers that were able to feed and cloth  there  children and send them to school ....ones  that  understood the  concept  not to spend money they didn't have and understood  what responcablity  means ! yup and theres a reason why i want  women to do this!  because   i want to fish  just like you guys  i don't want to be in charge of nothing but myself and which way i paddle!  women on the other hand would  take the time to  pay the bills  , and still make the state  look "PRETTY" ..... it's a new plan  but lets  face it  ,truth is  voting for  "profeesionals  sure as hell  didn't work !!!  .lets   toss  them out and  go in a new  direction
Back off on the coffee there Trapper !   You're gonna blow a gasket !

Oh...by the way.  FM needs more of those foam spiders / beetles that you left for him  :whistling: :whistling:     
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #56 on: Jun 13, 2010, 05:05 PM »
OK so it isn't really fly fishing but all this talk of tying this and that I broke out the vise and spun some bucktails on my trolling spoons. Even loaded an old Martin reel with some new 5wt floating. May have to go to the local pond and toss a few out for the little rainbows. Sure beats watching the rain pour down.....

trapper2000

« Reply #57 on: Jun 13, 2010, 07:36 PM »
go get em  fish!!!!!  gamma  i'll spin ya  both on to  flies  no biggy  buddy  ....  did  fm get his kayak  in the water this week end?????

Gamma Fish

« Reply #58 on: Jun 13, 2010, 11:32 PM »
go get em  fish!!!!!  gamma  i'll spin ya  both on to  flies  no biggy  buddy  ....  did  fm get his kayak  in the water this week end?????
Thanks Pal ! ;)   I just need a couple to experiment with  !    FM was involved with much more important and honorable duties this weekend but he'll get the kayak wet soon !
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

« Reply #59 on: Jun 14, 2010, 04:26 AM »
just tell me what  ya  need  or  are thinking about. if  we ain't got  it we  will tie  it ;D....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.