FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 558799 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
old f--ts with flyrods
« on: Jun 08, 2010, 09:06 AM »
this thread  is  dedicated  to  the old buzzards  flyfishing , flie tying and  beer  (heineken ,labatts, rolling rock only!) were old , were grumpy , and  we just wanna fish and  shoot the breeze
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Gamma Fish

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2010, 12:07 PM »
this thread  is  dedicated  to  the old buzzards  flyfishing , flie tying and  beer  (heineken ,labatts, rolling rock only!) were old , were grumpy , and  we just wanna fish and  shoot the breeze
You can take "Gas X" for that problem  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2010, 01:04 PM »
Does it mean your old if on the second cast your fly disintegrates???
More often these days my fly is just open....
Pass the beer....

oatkasut

« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2010, 01:12 PM »
You were reading my mind, what's left of it! My buddies and I (I'm the younin' at 69) just spent 6 days in Shinhopple(Roscoe/Downsville,NY) fly fishing, drinking and playing poker. (we did stop to eat and sleep.)
did my personal best landing 35 browns to 22 inches, mostly on dries, olive caddis,#16, Adams and pAdams,#16 to# 20, and gold beaded nymphs, both Hares ear and pheasent tail. Water was low but fishable. The East branch of the Delaware at Shinhopple was perfect at 50-53 degrees all week with good hatches. Got the bigger fish the the Willow and did ok in the Beaverkill. The 'kill was warm with measured temps in evening as high as 76. Tried to avoid that nightmare!I loved fishing a tandem rig with a #14 Rapidan as the strike indicator, dry fly and a gold beaded hare's ear as the nymph,size 16. Got fish on both flies, but the nymph outcaught the dry 4:1. Stayed at the Prpacton Cabins on the East Branch in Shinhopple. Great place, cabin, kitchen bath, beds and heat  right on the banks of the stream! Even won at poker!Everyone fly fished and got some!Should have fished a streamer, wooley bugger or muddler minnow but I just love my dries!Hatches included the black caddis, sulfurs, BWO, canuta, midges. Tight lines and enjoy a treasure!

trapper2000

« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2010, 03:09 PM »
i have  fished  that section myself!  sounds like you had a  great time ! i am addicted to the dry  myself  i think it's seeing the rise  that does it,  nice area good friends and fish ....love is good ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Well....
I'm only 60...but I'm a darn grumpy old fart, and I fly fish. More now than ever. I think it's my incompatibility with people in general (who don't fly fish) that's driving my growing addiction.

Personally. I'm quite happy to fit in ;D

And many thanks Trapper, for the help and additions to my collection.

Gamma...you're still a whelp and I've never heard of you with a fly rod in your chubby fingers...so....MYOB! ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2010, 06:19 PM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: sorry just pictured gamma with a flyline wrapped around him and a size 18 adams stuck in his ear , with that big old gamma smile, saying i ment to do that !!!!! :rotflol: :rotflol:

lol gamma  never change man  ...not sure whats bigger  your  humor,line of BS, or yer heart (knows  gamma  is  really a teddy bear specially to kids)

bet he hates me  saying that ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jun 08, 2010, 06:25 PM »
I'm dyin' here Trapper :rotflol:

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Stormy_NY

« Reply #8 on: Jun 08, 2010, 06:57 PM »
.That East Branch gets my goat everytime ...... No lie ... I was floating it one night and timed it perfect for a Coffin Fly hatch.  There were bugs everywhere ... NOT a rising fish to be had .....

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #9 on: Jun 08, 2010, 07:30 PM »
WOW me and RG finally agree on something? Gamma with a fly rod  ??? ??? not a good picture at at all ??? ::) ::) ::) :P :-\ 8)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #10 on: Jun 08, 2010, 07:49 PM »
i have  fished  that section myself!  sounds like you had a  great time ! i am addicted to the dry  myself  i think it's seeing the rise  that does it,  nice area good friends and fish ....love is good ;D
Trapper.....at your age, you're envious of a stiff wind  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gamma...you're still a whelp and I've never heard of you with a fly rod in your chubby fingers...so....MYOB! ;D

RG
I mastered the fly rod at the age of 13 and then moved on to bigger and better things  :whistling: :whistling: ;D ;D ;D
  I used to be big time lumberjack too  ;D ;D ;D   Lived in the Sahara and Mojave Forest  ;D ;D ;D

I'm dyin' here Trapper :rotflol:

RG
Can I have your jig boxes ?   ;D ;D

Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

« Reply #11 on: Jun 08, 2010, 10:49 PM »
gamma  lets compare  drivers licences lol  your  older then me!!!!!  and at 13  "master"  had nothing to do with  fly  fishing  =))

Gamma Fish

« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2010, 01:29 AM »
gamma  lets compare  drivers licences lol  your  older then me!!!!!    And prettier too :^)  and at 13  "master"  had nothing to do with  fly  fishing  =)  OK....so I was fishing for my fly !    Not much difference :^)
Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2010, 01:40 AM »
What a bunch of coconuts :rotflol:
Gamma, You already have the best parts of my jig box. Thank you very much!

RG

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #14 on: Jun 09, 2010, 01:42 AM »
You were reading my mind, what's left of it! My buddies and I (I'm the younin' at 69) just spent 6 days in Shinhopple(Roscoe/Downsville,NY) fly fishing, drinking and playing poker. (we did stop to eat and sleep.)
did my personal best landing 35 browns to 22 inches, mostly on dries, olive caddis,#16, Adams and pAdams,#16 to# 20, and gold beaded nymphs, both Hares ear and pheasent tail. Water was low but fishable. The East branch of the Delaware at Shinhopple was perfect at 50-53 degrees all week with good hatches. Got the bigger fish the the Willow and did ok in the Beaverkill. The 'kill was warm with measured temps in evening as high as 76. Tried to avoid that nightmare!I loved fishing a tandem rig with a #14 Rapidan as the strike indicator, dry fly and a gold beaded hare's ear as the nymph,size 16. Got fish on both flies, but the nymph outcaught the dry 4:1. Stayed at the Prpacton Cabins on the East Branch in Shinhopple. Great place, cabin, kitchen bath, beds and heat  right on the banks of the stream! Even won at poker!Everyone fly fished and got some!Should have fished a streamer, wooley bugger or muddler minnow but I just love my dries!Hatches included the black caddis, sulfurs, BWO, canuta, midges. Tight lines and enjoy a treasure!

Here's a great video on dry fly fishing!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Xe-o9K8Z8&feature=related
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.