FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561291 times)

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #105 on: Jun 16, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Crap, think I just lost my fishing partner. Good stuff H.T. !
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

1fish@atime

« Reply #106 on: Jun 16, 2010, 02:55 PM »
My god the tears are flowing. You guys are somethin. I knew that would get some responses!! OK RG you can ride in the classic with me, working on a 12 volt coffee maker for it......
Have to tell you I took Tyler out for lakers yesterday.(I know no pics never happended)
But after searching for a couple hours I found them and started yankin in earnest.
Few minutes later hooked a good one and handed the pole to Ty. Was worth more than ten times what the boat cost to see his face when he pulled that short stout rod hard and the fish took it back to the water. He was still grinning this morning when he went to work.
Total of two caught, four hits.(yeah I missed two) But starting to get a little idea how to do this leadline thing.
One a little over 27" and 8lbs and a decent 24" around 5-6lbs. The fish in there are PHAT! LOL

KingPerch

« Reply #107 on: Jun 16, 2010, 03:06 PM »
i will take that bet. i will do it with my center pin. i bet Snagger couldnt do that. you would problably have to take FMS hand with the dough nut. you know that boy wont let go.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
5 bucks goes to SNAGGER HT, You havn't perfected the pinner JUST yet!!! ;) Now on a serious note....... That little $5 bet on the donut thing Prchslyr.....hmmmmmm   Trapper or RG..... RG or Trapper....hmmmmmmm That might have to go both ways... They are the top two 'OLD FARTS WITH FLYRODS!!!!  Hey prchslyr!! I'd give $10 to the one who can cast the fly through the center of FM's donut!!!! ;D  Man, I love this OLD FART thread!!!!!! NOW, Where is TRAPPER????? ::)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #108 on: Jun 16, 2010, 03:09 PM »
My god the tears are flowing. You guys are somethin. I knew that would get some responses!! OK RG you can ride in the classic with me, working on a 12 volt coffee maker for it......
Have to tell you I took Tyler out for lakers yesterday.(I know no pics never happended)
But after searching for a couple hours I found them and started yankin in earnest.
Few minutes later hooked a good one and handed the pole to Ty. Was worth more than ten times what the boat cost to see his face when he pulled that short stout rod hard and the fish took it back to the water. He was still grinning this morning when he went to work.
Total of two caught, four hits.(yeah I missed two) But starting to get a little idea how to do this leadline thing.
One a little over 27" and 8lbs and a decent 24" around 5-6lbs. The fish in there are PHAT! LOL
Great report and great story!!!!! Good Job 1fish!! and TY!! ;)--KP 8)

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #109 on: Jun 16, 2010, 05:08 PM »
now thats what it is all about. no pictures needed man. good stuff right there. keep catching them, :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #110 on: Jun 16, 2010, 08:22 PM »
center pins  run mono ...were  talking flyline  ...i think we should  put HT and gamma  in the same boat and set back and watch ....gamma  will be  wrapped  up in line  with a hook  in his  ear  talking poop....HT  will see  his opening and  climb on gamma's  shoulders to get a better cast  ...they both fall  out of  boat  and  well be  the  search and  rescue  team  ......  i knew i shouldn't have gotten them  casting flies........  it use to be such a peaceful  sport .....  oh gamma  27  ....thats  right 27  ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #111 on: Jun 17, 2010, 01:56 AM »
working on a 12 volt coffee maker for it......

I think I have one. If you want it I'll try to did it up and send it along. I'm pretty sure I know where it is. I don't drink much coffee any more.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #112 on: Jun 17, 2010, 03:55 AM »
....i'm up and truck is loaded...in search of the all elusive bluegill....i'm loaded with enough foam flies my flyvest can now be rated  by the USCG as a pfd ...i have nymphs  ...  extra leaders,tippet material ..almost forgot my  box of may flies!!!! every pocket is full and i have clippers,forecipps ,leader strightner,clipers,reading glasses all hanging off my vest....i have things i'll never use ...no idea why i have them other then i have places for them on this vest ....i have a knot tier ...what the heck is it???? i don't know where i got it ,no idea how it works , and no idea who would want one .....but if you do ...it's in my vest top right pocket.... i justt feed the addiction ....all the gear and  hardwares only purpose is to keep me occupied  till  i can fish .....then i forget about leader strightners and knott tiers ..... all order is lost on the first rise..... the world  is swiped away  and replaced with rings on water and a bent rod.... life  is good!!!! have  great days guys 

trapper2000

« Reply #113 on: Jun 17, 2010, 03:57 AM »
hey i did  find  a hook  remover ...gamma  your going to need this!

1fish@atime

« Reply #114 on: Jun 17, 2010, 04:50 AM »
Man Trap, glad I never bought one of those vests. I would be panhandling on the streets.... ;D
I carry my hemostats for unhooking and tying a fly on, a few extra fies in a small plastic case and....that's about it.
Oops forgot, some line muclix and a bottle of silicone spray. Well then theres the head cement for any repairs, a couple indicators, tape measure....Man I'm gonna need a vest......and a rich uncle....

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #115 on: Jun 17, 2010, 06:29 AM »
all the gear and  hardwares only purpose is to keep me occupied  till  i can fish .....then i forget about leader strightners and knott tiers ..... all order is lost on the first rise..... the world  is swiped away  and replaced with rings on water and a bent rod.... life  is good!!!! have  great days guys 
You don't have to be a fly guy to appreciate that one trap! One of the coolest quotes I have seen here.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

KingPerch

« Reply #116 on: Jun 17, 2010, 07:11 AM »
....i'm up and truck is loaded...in search of the all elusive bluegill....i'm loaded with enough foam flies my flyvest can now be rated  by the USCG as a pfd ...i have nymphs  ...  extra leaders,tippet material ..almost forgot my  box of may flies!!!! every pocket is full and i have clippers,forecipps ,leader strightner,clipers,reading glasses all hanging off my vest....i have things i'll never use ...no idea why i have them other then i have places for them on this vest ....i have a knot tier ...what the heck is it???? i don't know where i got it ,no idea how it works , and no idea who would want one .....but if you do ...it's in my vest top right pocket.... i justt feed the addiction ....all the gear and  hardwares only purpose is to keep me occupied  till  i can fish .....then i forget about leader strightners and knott tiers ..... all order is lost on the first rise..... the world  is swiped away  and replaced with rings on water and a bent rod.... life  is good!!!! have  great days guys 
Trapper, Have a great day out there Buddy!! You forgot just 3 things though, 1- YANKEES HAT, 2- RAINCOAT,and 3-  KP!! ;D

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #117 on: Jun 17, 2010, 07:28 AM »
Trapper, Have a great day out there Buddy!! You forgot just 3 things though, 1- YANKEES HAT, 2- RAINCOAT,and 3-  KP!! ;D
4-H.T. ???

trapper2000

« Reply #118 on: Jun 17, 2010, 09:11 AM »
i'd never forget you HT  your  welcome  in my  boat anytime !!!!!!!!!!!!!  besides yer a fish catchin machineeeeeeeeee

KingPerch

« Reply #119 on: Jun 17, 2010, 09:25 AM »
OH, I see where 'Ol KP sits..... NOT in Trapper's boat!!!! No Love For KP this morning!!! :P--KP I'm going to the garage right now, fill a 5 gallon bucket full of water, and put my head in it!!!! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.