FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560807 times)

Gamma Fish

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #135 on: Jun 17, 2010, 07:47 PM »
No RG?????

I had my day yesterday. Man I'm glad I decided to stop working Wednesdays. I was on the canal at 4:30 am playing with the clousers (Thanks to Trapper for that valuable info)

Got rained off around 8:30 am. Went back home for breakfast and it started storming like crazy. So what do I do? Grab the fly chaser and beat feet for the stream. I reckoned that the rising water might turn the fish on. I hid under a bridge as the main thunder and lightning passed over me, accompanied by torrential  rain. I started tossing a good sized chartreuse and white clouser and BAM....smallmouth...and again....and again and yet again.

The biggest was close to 3 lbs and with the fast water they fought like hell.

\

RG
You probably shouldn't be doing that in public  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: ;) ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #136 on: Jun 18, 2010, 01:35 AM »
Well....there wasn't anybody around at that time of the morning ::)

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #137 on: Jun 18, 2010, 08:34 AM »
the old  trap  already  tossed  some  flies this morning  ;D  ....  rg  i  have to  send  ya  some  gobie  clousers  or  at least a picture   very easy to tie  and  really work!....  now  ht gets the front of the boat!  reason being   we  can cast over the top of  him no problem!  busch beer will be  replaced  with heineken ...Rg has been right about that right along  it's better  beer!  kp i'm putting you in the middle  of the  boat  so i can keep a  eye on you !!!!!  i  want no  bobbers in the trees!   gamma   can't go because  he  can't get up early  enough  he's still tring to be a teenage  rock star  and hoping to replace  keith richards  (least face it he  can't go on forever ...can he????) wait  who's older  gamma  or richardson ???? .....HT  remeber if you see fins   near the  beaver d**n and  silver flashes  ,chances are there not carp ....now  if you two start any trouble  or fight in the boat ,i'm grounding you both and  no hanging at fm's   place  for a week!!!!

now the  report .... started  bout 5 am  used  a  foam stone flie   orange  and  blue  dun  hair  ...geart on the bass  few  decent river gills  ..swithched  to a  white clouser  working it slow   small  smallies and  1   eye  ;D i plan on hitting the lake  later   working it with  nymphs  and  streamers  then  switching  to  poppers  and  frogs  .....
  gamma get  a  fly rod  to  fm  asap  i have a  decent  reel and  7wt line  he  can have   and he can practice  in his  parking lot!  fm  you  have   a pm  ...later  gents
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #138 on: Jun 18, 2010, 09:08 AM »
 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Gamma Fish

« Reply #139 on: Jun 18, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Well....there wasn't anybody around at that time of the morning ::)

RG
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

Gamma Fish

« Reply #140 on: Jun 18, 2010, 12:02 PM »
the old  trap  already  tossed  some  flies this morning  ;D  ....  rg  i  have to  send  ya  some  gobie  clousers  or  at least a picture   very easy to tie  and  really work!....  now  ht gets the front of the boat!  reason being   we  can cast over the top of  him no problem!  busch beer will be  replaced  with heineken ...Rg has been right about that right along  it's better  beer!  kp i'm putting you in the middle  of the  boat  so i can keep a  eye on you !!!!!  i  want no  bobbers in the trees!   gamma   can't go because  he  can't get up early  enough  he's still tring to be a teenage  rock star  and hoping to replace  keith richards  (least face it he  can't go on forever ...can he????) wait  who's older  gamma  or richardson ???? .....HT  remeber if you see fins   near the  beaver d**n and  silver flashes  ,chances are there not carp ....now  if you two start any trouble  or fight in the boat ,i'm grounding you both and  no hanging at fm's   place  for a week!!!!

now the  report .... started  bout 5 am  used  a  foam stone flie   orange  and  blue  dun  hair  ...geart on the bass  few  decent river gills  ..swithched  to a  white clouser  working it slow   small  smallies and  1   eye  ;D i plan on hitting the lake  later   working it with  nymphs  and  streamers  then  switching  to  poppers  and  frogs  .....
  gamma get  a  fly rod  to  fm  asap  i have a  decent  reel and  7wt line  he  can have   and he can practice  in his  parking lot!  fm  you  have   a pm  ...later  gents
I have to make a quick run to Ontario this afternoon but hope to be back in time to get FM that fly rod.     If not, first thing in the morning.....which is about noon for me  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

« Reply #141 on: Jun 18, 2010, 02:18 PM »
gamma  what  weight is it

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #142 on: Jun 18, 2010, 03:48 PM »
Look at you guys hookin the FM up! Gonna be a big fly fishing seminar tomorrow in Pineville I heard. Lots of demonstrations I guess. I may go, since I'll be at Brennan's again this weekend. Gonna yak down deer creek also....see what I can find.

Happy fathers day this weekend....to all ya dad's out there!

trapper2000

« Reply #143 on: Jun 18, 2010, 04:14 PM »

this  is one of my best clouser patters ...tail is a olive  grizzed  hackle  ...4  or  5  strands  of krstal  flash on  both sides...  with  deer hair on bottom  olive on top ...i have caught  everything  from stripers  to crappies  with this  fly

KingPerch

« Reply #144 on: Jun 18, 2010, 04:16 PM »

I wanna drive!!!! I'm not sitting behind HT either..... He smells like a stinklog!!!! :w00t:--KP  I'll take the grounding!!!! ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #145 on: Jun 18, 2010, 05:38 PM »
That's it...I'm bringing my own boat and the video camera. I may not even fish.

A cooler of Heineken and a couple of "fishing sandwiches".....better than the boat launch on the 4th of July ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #146 on: Jun 18, 2010, 05:49 PM »
Throw a couple of LaBatt's Blue in that cooler RG.... and I'm sitting in your boat!!!! You don't smell like a stinklog do you???? ::)--KP :)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

« Reply #147 on: Jun 18, 2010, 08:45 PM »
KP  you ain't going .yer grounded!!!!! no stop saying yer brother smells like a stink log.....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #148 on: Jun 19, 2010, 02:24 AM »
Canadian beer sucks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HGPh8Hjyg8

Even Trapper agrees with me on this one ;D

I can't comment on how I smell. I AM an old fisherman ya know!

RG

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #149 on: Jun 19, 2010, 02:25 AM »
I wanna drive!!!! I'm not sitting behind HT either..... He smells like a stinklog!!!! :w00t:--KP  I'll take the grounding!!!! ;D
hey i took a shower. i have not caught a stink log since last sunday. man i feel like i am missing out here ??? ::) ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.