FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560815 times)

1fish@atime

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #180 on: Jun 23, 2010, 08:48 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: :rotflol:

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #181 on: Jun 24, 2010, 04:41 AM »
roll cast is a very easy cast once someone shows you ... there are times you need to double haul to make distance ...it's all good and fm you'll pick right up on it!when i get back i'll stop up,have the coffee on ;D .....1 fish is 100%  right about the feel the back cast load ....trouble is new casters don't know what that "feel"is  .....fm i know your out in the parking lot trying  ;D ;D make sure on your back cast the line has fully extended ....there should be no snap,then your forward motion and drop yer wrist at the end.....sounds hard,it becomes second nature ...HEY A VERY BIG WELCOME TO  OUT NEW MEMBER MR  KP  JR!!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #182 on: Jun 24, 2010, 11:50 AM »
roll cast is a very easy cast once someone shows you ... there are times you need to double haul to make distance ...it's all good and fm you'll pick right up on it!when i get back i'll stop up,have the coffee on ;D .....1 fish is 100%  right about the feel the back cast load ....trouble is new casters don't know what that "feel"is  .....fm i know your out in the parking lot trying  ;D ;D make sure on your back cast the line has fully extended ....there should be no snap,then your forward motion and drop yer wrist at the end.....sounds hard,it becomes second nature ...HEY A VERY BIG WELCOME TO  OUT NEW MEMBER MR  KP  JR!!!!
Thanks Trap,just like Trapper said roll casting is very easy once you learn how to do it. It took me a couple days to get it under my belt but now it's second nature to me!!!!!--- KP Jr. ;D
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #183 on: Jun 24, 2010, 05:22 PM »
He..He....He!

Enabling another fly fishing addict ;D Next we'll have him tying flies Trap.

Last evening on the way home from my golf league, I saw a couple of flocks of geese feeding along a grassy part of the canal near my home. I immediately made a right turn to park and scouted 3/4 mile of grass for feathers. In particular, flight feathers. Need some biots.

I constantly scout road kill deer for signs of a fresh carcass to collect from. Nothing is safe from the seriously addicted fly tyer...the dog...the neighbor's cat.........OYE!

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

1fish@atime

« Reply #184 on: Jun 24, 2010, 06:14 PM »
I have a real woodchuck problem RG.... Your welcome to 'em. They have found their way under the house and garage. They won't be around to much longer....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #185 on: Jun 25, 2010, 01:15 AM »
Sorry,
I draw the line at large rodents :-\ I used to plink them at long distance, but that's been a while.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #186 on: Jun 26, 2010, 09:34 PM »
just a  quick  check in guys!  trip is  going  great  stoped  at a  small stream  and  had  fun with  some brookies  ...i can't brag   much  they  would  have  hit a  cigarette  but  (  which)  the  filters  make  fantastic  wings and  post  for  parachutes  RG  ...you can  get a  huge  supple  from kennys  drugs  get a  box  of the  cigarette tubes   that  people  use to roll there own  smokes ...cost about  3  bucks!....woodchuck  actually  has  some  great  fur  for  tying .....i loaded up on goose  feathers   at the launch ...just pick  clean feathers!!! fresh  road  kill  rabbits  muskrats  deer  fox  and  coon have all found  a  path to my bench!  many  things  around the  house  or  fabric store ....even the dollar  stores....no joke you  can  use  a  condom  for  a  latec  nymph!  rubber bands! paint  brushes  oh the  list  goes on and  on.....wow  am i addicted???? 

RG  hows  the new  flyfishing  yachet?????

glad  to see you  working on that flyrod  kp jr  now  teach dad  to  cast  without  tossing bobbers  into the trees  will ya ! :rotflol: :rotflol:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #187 on: Jun 27, 2010, 02:16 AM »
Read "Rubber Legs and White Tail Hairs", Pat McManus It explains the fly tying addiction in terms we can all understand. ;D

Splashed the new craft yesterday for a short time. Needed to make some adjustments...seat position, oar stops etc. Also worked out the transport method. Picked up the "emergency " items yesterday...spare latch pin, a couple of bolts and a quick link for the anchor to make it easier to detach for transport. Still need to get a rod holder I can live with. Don't like the one that came with the toon.

It's a process for me...I need to work out the details. So far I'm very happy. It's a well built, durable piece of equipment.

RG

Drewdog

« Reply #188 on: Jun 27, 2010, 06:52 AM »
McManus is GREAT.......................DD   ;D ;D ;D
CASTIN FOR WALLEYES,OH YEA

KingPerch

« Reply #189 on: Jun 28, 2010, 07:29 AM »
just a  quick  check in guys!  trip is  going  great  stoped  at a  small stream  and  had  fun with  some brookies  ...i can't brag   much  they  would  have  hit a  cigarette  but  (  which)  the  filters  make  fantastic  wings and  post  for  parachutes  RG  ...you can  get a  huge  supple  from kennys  drugs  get a  box  of the  cigarette tubes   that  people  use to roll there own  smokes ...cost about  3  bucks!....woodchuck  actually  has  some  great  fur  for  tying .....i loaded up on goose  feathers   at the launch ...just pick  clean feathers!!! fresh  road  kill  rabbits  muskrats  deer  fox  and  coon have all found  a  path to my bench!  many  things  around the  house  or  fabric store ....even the dollar  stores....no joke you  can  use  a  condom  for  a  latec  nymph!  rubber bands! paint  brushes  oh the  list  goes on and  on.....wow  am i addicted???? 

RG  hows  the new  flyfishing  yachet?????

glad  to see you  working on that flyrod  kp jr  now  teach dad  to  cast  without  tossing bobbers  into the trees  will ya ! :rotflol: :rotflol:

How did I guess that once KP Jr. gets logged on here that dear 'ol Dad was going get double ribbin' from you two!!!!! Been awhile Trap, We need to go willow branch fishin'!!!!! ;D Tightlines Gentlemen!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

« Reply #190 on: Jun 28, 2010, 01:17 PM »
not  sure  who  would  win on  the tree tossin  ...hmmmm :whistling:

KingPerch

« Reply #191 on: Jun 28, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Iv'e witnessed your techniques at this!!! Let's just say ....YOUR a little more seasoned than me!! ;D--KP 8)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #192 on: Jun 28, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Iv'e witnessed your techniques at this!!! Let's just say ....YOUR a little more seasoned than me!! ;D--KP 8)
Seasoned ??       I believe the term you're looking for would be "Fossilized"   ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch

« Reply #193 on: Jun 28, 2010, 01:41 PM »
CLASSIC.... YES!!   Fossilized......NOT just yet!!! ;D--KP 8)

trapper2000

« Reply #194 on: Jun 28, 2010, 01:48 PM »
did  you know  gamma  is older  then me    :rotflol:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.