FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561478 times)

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #255 on: Jul 08, 2010, 08:02 PM »
HT, your an addict yourself bud...who are you calling the kettle black? ;)
Couple pics my wife took of our outing this past weekend at Jellystone campgrounds!

My boy Trevor and his friend playing, I think she popped this pic as I was setting the hook on a chub . The guy next to me is fishing on one of my walleye rods.
He didn't do so well! ???

Kids doing some tubing

My buddys daughter on the bank. I set her up drift fishing with a jig head tipped with worm on her own zebco 404, and she caught about 15 chubs in 2 hrs.

addict well maybe so  ;D some nice pictures there FM  ;D

1fish@atime

« Reply #256 on: Jul 08, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Yes RG like those. My wings always bunch and look like stumps.LOL lots of work with the scissors. Or I just use a small duck feather and make a pair on them. They work, but a far from show pieces LOL.
Nice beetles. I've done OK with them, but for trout. Bumbles are good for anything that rises. A nice deep pool along an undercut and drift a bumble. Works well.

Nice pics FM. You look like you know what your doing out there!!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #257 on: Jul 08, 2010, 11:50 PM »
I can fake it quite well 1fish! ;) But, I really had a ton of fun last weekend on the little Salmon with some great people and kids that enjoy fishing. That young lady in the last pic. has been at my heels for the last 2 years, learning every bit of fishing knowledge and techniques I have to give. I truly believe she will grow up to be a great angler! One of those things that makes me proud. ( Her Dad could care less about fishing, or outdoor gaming). But he is a good friend of mine, and he respects the fact that I spend time with his daughter, to instill this passion! Which I truly believe she has!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #258 on: Jul 09, 2010, 12:46 AM »
Yes RG like those. My wings always bunch and look like stumps.LOL lots of work with the scissors. Or I just use a small duck feather and make a pair on them. They work, but a far from show pieces LOL.
Nice beetles. I've done OK with them, but for trout. Bumbles are good for anything that rises. A nice deep pool along an undercut and drift a bumble. Works well.

Nice pics FM. You look like you know what your doing out there!!
Tie the hackle in leaving the tip as the back wing. Those are #24 Umpiqua dry fly hooks I think. Good grizzly make a difference.

Those "beetles" are killers for bass and gills. No trout streams in my back yard. I had a carp rise on one last Tuesday. Missed it though. It may have seen it as corn.

Time to test the "corn flies" Trapper  ;D
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #259 on: Jul 09, 2010, 01:01 AM »
When ya make a "corn" fly RG...... You must post a pic. I'm chuckling right now thinking about it.
Well... also after the family and I had grilled corn on the cob as part of our dinner! ;)  Well now I am almost tearing up laughing RG, sorry, but the thought of the bait in my colon right now is cracking me up! :cookoo:
I'm still laughing at myself for some dumb@$$ reason.     Thanks RG, Now I must hit the sack!

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #260 on: Jul 09, 2010, 04:46 AM »
i can tell you why you are laughing at your self FM.        

1fish@atime

« Reply #261 on: Jul 09, 2010, 08:09 AM »
Yup got my morning chuckle...Thanks FM.
With the cooler temps today going to spend the afternoon in the Hudson. Try out a couple things.
Might even convince my nephew in law to join me this evening. He has taken fly fishing to the next level from mine. I think traveling out to the salmon and steelhead streams every spring helped to kick it up a notch for him. I'm always looking to learn.......

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #262 on: Jul 09, 2010, 09:22 AM »
A few more experiments ::)

Working well I might add.

It's a horrible addiction :-\

RG
Awesome Flies RG!!!!!!-- KPJr. :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :bowdown:
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #263 on: Jul 09, 2010, 04:07 PM »
I'm an amateur...Trapper has tying talent.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #264 on: Jul 09, 2010, 04:11 PM »
When ya make a "corn" fly RG...... You must post a pic. I'm chuckling right now thinking about it.

He thinks I'm kiddin' Trap.
I'll get that box out of the boat tomorrow ;D

RG

1fish@atime

« Reply #265 on: Jul 09, 2010, 04:32 PM »
They are good, believe me. I'm ashamed of mine compared to yours. My Dad instilled in me with certain flies, if they are rising and taking them your good. I've never been able to master the patience needed for pretty fies. Make it look decent and go fish with it. Someday maybe the patience bug will bite me.....
Now as far as fishing goes, when I set my mind to learn a new technique or go after a certain fish...See you when I get back is all the wife hears...LOL

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #266 on: Jul 09, 2010, 04:38 PM »
Some say "form follows function"

I kind of like this explanation.

Basically...what works IS "pretty"  ;D

RG

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #267 on: Jul 09, 2010, 05:35 PM »
i took    two  gentlemen   out in  the  driftboat  a few  years  ago ...not  for  trout  or  steelhead  not  for  salmon  or  bass  not  even  bluegills ...they  wanted  carp !  ...they  where  here  on  vacation  from  england  where  carp  have  long  been a  sports  fish  , i  had  the  honor   and  pleasure  of  spending a few  days  with  these   men  ,  one  of the flies  they used  and  gave  me  was  called  cracked  corn ...between  RG  and  i  jabbing  each other  over  life  jackets  and  batterys   and  dry  gas   we  began  talking ....   soon  we  figgure out  we  were  to  stubburn old  farts   and  both  shared a  passion   for  flyfishing ....  i  shared  the  cracked  corn  fly  with  RG  and  the  best  part ...  i have  a  good  friend  ...and  rg  ...  looking at  some  of  your  flies  ,you have a  talent  yourself .....
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #268 on: Jul 09, 2010, 05:39 PM »
Some times it's good to bury the hatchet......somewhere other than in each other's skulls.

We're all fishers under the skin.
RG

KingPerch

« Reply #269 on: Jul 09, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Hey Trap, Do you trickle charge or full amp charge a deep cycle battery?? Would Sta-Bil work better that drygas?? Do I wear my pfd while I'm anchored or underway?? LOL!! Glad to see you guys agree on a few things now... HEINEKEN, Tying flies and CARP!!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!   ENJOY!!!--KP ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.