FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560541 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #270 on: Jul 09, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Ditto that last comment KP! ;)

Hey Trap...how is that evap. core working for your handmade cooler? Got any pics for us to see your McGuyver capabilities?

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #271 on: Jul 10, 2010, 06:31 AM »
  i  will try  to  post  pictures  fm  and  it  works  great  cools  my  truck  down    20  degrees  anyways  and  last  about  3  hours  on a  bag of  ice! 

my  truck  doesn't  have   ac   and  i   wanted  to  be  able to  cool it  off and  my tent   when i  camped   so i took a  cooler    old  bulge  pump  some  hose  and  a  evaporator  core  that  FM  had  laying  around and  a  cheap  12  volt  fan....  cheap  ac  :)   simply  glue  the   bulge  pump  to  the  bottom  of  the  cooler      cut a  hole  in  top  of  cooler   mount  the  evap.  or  heater  core   ,  run  a  hose  to  the  core  ...place  fan  to   suck  air  thro  the   core   fill with ice   and   hook up  to  a  good  deep  cell  battery   ;D....red  neck  ac   and  technoligy  at  it's  finest    just  toss a  gal. of  water  and  a bucket  of  ice  in  and  you still have  room  for a  few  heinekens 

life  is  good
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

1fish@atime

« Reply #272 on: Jul 10, 2010, 06:48 AM »
As always Trap, necessity is the mother of invention. I have a brand new compressor from a fridge hmmmm.
Was a warranty for a fridge I bought, the company sent me one, and the service guy brought one with him.
I installed a power port in my Jeep, power inverter, Tubing, a little freon....I could keep my worms cool.....

trapper2000

« Reply #273 on: Jul 10, 2010, 06:52 AM »
ohhhhh  why is  making things  work  so much  fun?????

1fish@atime

« Reply #274 on: Jul 10, 2010, 07:39 AM »
I think we all have a little Mc"Guy"ver in us....That empowering feeling of making it yourself, it never is a bad thing to feel good about yourself. Self esteem governs what we project to others.

KingPerch

« Reply #275 on: Jul 10, 2010, 08:15 AM »
Ditto that last comment KP! ;)

Hey Trap...how is that evap. core working for your handmade cooler? Got any pics for us to see your McGuyver capabilities?
;)--KP!!   "GOOD MORNIN' TO ALL YOU 'OL FARTS"!!!! and you too, FM!!!!!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

1fish@atime

« Reply #276 on: Jul 10, 2010, 08:22 AM »
Mornin KP. 
Overcast here, headed to the river. Do some wading, and flip a few.
Enjoy the cooler temps!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #277 on: Jul 10, 2010, 08:28 AM »
Suns trying to break through here, overcast, and a little cooler than the rest of the week was, brutal hot. Waiting for a weather update from SNAGGER on his Salmon thread, as to how much rain we got last night. Man, It poured!! Have a great day out there and good luck!!!--KP :)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #278 on: Jul 10, 2010, 09:07 AM »
Sun's out nice here in Macedon. Had a great walk and workout this morning. The streams are too high to handle today, haven't settled on an alternative as yet.

Corn flies ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #279 on: Jul 10, 2010, 12:01 PM »
  i  will try  to  post  pictures  fm  and  it  works  great  cools  my  truck  down    20  degrees  anyways  and  last  about  3  hours  on a  bag of  ice! 

my  truck  doesn't  have   ac   and  i   wanted  to  be  able to  cool it  off and  my tent   when i  camped   so i took a  cooler    old  bulge  pump  some  hose  and  a  evaporator  core  that  FM  had  laying  around and  a  cheap  12  volt  fan....  cheap  ac  :)   simply  glue  the   bulge  pump  to  the  bottom  of  the  cooler      cut a  hole  in  top  of  cooler   mount  the  evap.  or  heater  core   ,  run  a  hose  to  the  core  ...place  fan  to   suck  air  thro  the   core   fill with ice   and   hook up  to  a  good  deep  cell  battery   ;D....red  neck  ac   and  technoligy  at  it's  finest    just  toss a  gal. of  water  and  a bucket  of  ice  in  and  you still have  room  for a  few  heinekens 

life  is  good
I just drove through Fulton and right after the "Welcome to Fulton, City with a Future" sign, I saw a sign that said.............................
  FOR SALE /  Redneck AC units and under the sign, there was a guy sitting on a bucket who had a striking resemblence to Trapper  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

« Reply #280 on: Jul 10, 2010, 12:24 PM »
now  thats  funny  i was  driving  around oneida  lake  and  seen  a long hair  chubby  italian  fellow  with fishing pole  and  sign that  said  will  bs  for  fish  !!!!!   :clapping:

Gamma Fish

« Reply #281 on: Jul 10, 2010, 12:44 PM »
now  thats  funny  i was  driving  around oneida  lake  and  seen  a long hair  chubby  italian  fellow  with fishing pole  and  sign that  said  will  bs  for  fish  !!!!!   :clapping:
And you were first in line ! ;) ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #282 on: Jul 10, 2010, 06:08 PM »
 :clapping:
This is one of the best posts we have had on the NY section.
I had a blast with a (clears throat) Very bad replica of what Trap had on here as a clouser. Used a small streamer that was pretty chewed up. Laid some deer hair on it. Is ugly as sin... But hit the grand slam on the Hudson.
Started with four really nice chubs, all 10-12" then a few small rock bass. Moved to another spot and hit a nice small mouth a few more rockies and a couple stockie browns. Was a blast.... Learned what they wanted the fly to do while untangling my line from a lost fish. Line snapped back and wadded up....... Fly was dancing along the top below me and wham!!! a chub hit it. Rest of the fish were caught with a cast to 2 o'clock and then drift below me and dance it a little. Wanted to get the boat out tomorrow but may just go back and play in the river. Need to save gas anyways.....

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #283 on: Jul 11, 2010, 06:00 AM »
I just drove through Fulton and right after the "Welcome to Fulton, City with a Future" sign, I saw a sign that said.............................
  FOR SALE /  Redneck AC units and under the sign, there was a guy sitting on a bucket who had a striking resemblence to Trapper  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
put on your galsses you old buzzard. they took down the sign that said *city with a future* years ago.  ::) ::)

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #284 on: Jul 11, 2010, 06:01 AM »
Sun's out nice here in Macedon. Had a great walk and workout this morning. The streams are too high to handle today, haven't settled on an alternative as yet.

Corn flies ;D

RG
very nice there RG  8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.