FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 562076 times)

1fish@atime

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #285 on: Jul 11, 2010, 06:59 AM »
Not sure we have one of those in NYS anymore.....LOL
Man I am getting old. Three hours on the river with Tyler's 8'6" cabelas rod and reel and my shoulder is sore this morning.....Yeah and turning into a wuss....... :P ::)

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #286 on: Jul 11, 2010, 07:22 AM »
Not sure we have one of those in NYS anymore.....LOL
Man I am getting old. Three hours on the river with Tyler's 8'6" cabelas rod and reel and my shoulder is sore this morning.....Yeah and turning into a wuss....... :P ::)
tell me about it. almolt 9 hours of snap jigging yesterday. my right hand feels like a crab claw this morning.  ;D ;D

1fish@atime

« Reply #287 on: Jul 11, 2010, 08:03 AM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :w00t:
That's why I bought the boat, I can just drive and leave the strenuous stuff to the boy or who ever I get roped into going....LOL

Gamma Fish

« Reply #288 on: Jul 11, 2010, 12:08 PM »
tell me about it. almolt 9 hours of snap jigging yesterday. my right hand feels like a crab claw this morning;D ;D

I'm not even gonna touch that comment but you know where it would go if I did !    Snap jigging  ::) ::) ::)  Are you sure it wasn't from too much zucchini picking ?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Happy Sunday Zippy !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #289 on: Jul 11, 2010, 06:37 PM »
LOL Gamma....
As for the boat, she is no longer. Carb is shot. Can't justify spending money on a boat I can't afford to use.
Have to call Raquette and tell him I won't be up this week. Sucks!!
Really knew better than spend the money.
So those around my area look on CL. will be on there tomorrow!!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #290 on: Jul 11, 2010, 07:55 PM »
1fish   send  me  your  address   buddy ...we'll hook ya  up   ;D.....  truth  be  told ... i love  sharing  flies  with people  i also  love  getting  people  flie  tying (or  getting  them  back  in it) ....   bye  the  way  fill the  boxes  with  crickets  and  hoppers  !!!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

1fish@atime

« Reply #291 on: Jul 11, 2010, 09:15 PM »
The wife had a cow when I was putting it on CL. I have parts on order. 30.00. Not all that bad.
She was ranting I've worked hard all my life and deserve the boat. LOL That's a first...
Not really, shes a good girl. So I can go toss a few flies the next couple days.
I'll post a pic of my wondrous fly Trapper. You'll get a kick out of it...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #292 on: Jul 12, 2010, 01:43 AM »
Flies can be pretty or just plain ugly. What works is whatever the fish want to eat at that particular time. Understanding the forage base and having a fly that imitates that forage or a substitute, secondary food source, is one key to fly fishing. It's all for nothing if you can't get the fly in front of the fish without spooking it.

Check out this link if you'd like to see the epitome of fly tying.
http://www.grahamowengallery.com/fishing/more-fly-tying.html

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #293 on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:14 AM »
Simply amazing RG. Check out the may fly tutorial. It shows awesome photos of a real may fly in what appears to be a mating ritual with the fake fly. :o :o

trapper2000

« Reply #294 on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:30 AM »
what  i  find  amazing  is  we  think  "match  the hatch"  then at  times  a  fly  like  a  royal  wolf  just  kicks  arse .... i have  tied "realistic" which is  honestly  very time  consuming  .. i had  people  swat  bee patterns  thinking they  were  real ...i  can honestly  say  it's  not the  exact match  that  does it ....during  a mayfly  hatch  i believe  color size  and  drift are  keys... at others  action ...sound even! ....  my first  flies  i  tied  a long long time  ago  were  simple  wolly  worms .....  they worked  and i  still  ty  them  and they still work..... one thing   new  fly  tyiers  have  which is  great  is the internet!    however  a  basic  fly  tying  course   helps ,  fly tying  is merely  basic's  ,no big  mysterys and the best  thing  even on the  worse days ...sleet , blinding snow  storms ,heat  waves  .....once  yer  at the  bench  ...all of a sudden your  stream side  or  on a peaceful lake .....warning .....it's  extreamly  addictive!!!!!!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #295 on: Jul 12, 2010, 08:09 AM »
Whoa, I gotta take baby steps. Need to leave something to look forward to when i'm an old hoot....don't I :rotflol:

1fish@atime

« Reply #296 on: Jul 12, 2010, 08:11 AM »
That's cool RG. Your right, I guess that need to have it perfect we discussed a while ago gets in my way of just letting it be what it is. Hey I caught fish, had fun, made some vacationers day as they watched me land a fish from the parking area. It's all good in the reality of things.
Your right Trap. Something I've noticed over the years of in and out of fly fishing, Those that just strive to be out there are the successful ones. Yeah the fly may not be pretty but it's on the water for fish to see. Those that can tie a picture perfect fly, but spend all of their time doing so and not fishing catch way fewer fish.
It is what it is, my new/old motto. I can't change it, just make the best of what I've got.
Have a great day on the water!!

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #297 on: Jul 12, 2010, 08:43 AM »
Man!
This thread gets cooler  8) with every post!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

trapper2000

« Reply #298 on: Jul 12, 2010, 08:47 AM »
hey   just  so ya  know  ...anyone  that  can  benifit from my  fly tying  abilitys  i'd  be more  then willing  to  help out,  i have  a extra  vise  and  if i  can get someone  addicted  ahhhhhh  started  i'd  be  glad too .....cost ya  coffee  tho

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #299 on: Jul 12, 2010, 08:51 AM »
Darn fly pushers! ;D
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.