FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560811 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #300 on: Jul 12, 2010, 10:44 AM »
Next thing ya know, Ol' Trap and RG will be trying to lure us all in with candy or ice cream. "Here little fisherman boy" :rotflol: :rotflol: :nono:

Gamma Fish

« Reply #301 on: Jul 12, 2010, 01:31 PM »
Next thing ya know, Ol' Trap and RG will be trying to lure us all in with candy or ice cream. "Here little fisherman boy" :rotflol: :rotflol: :nono:
I'll just have to open my jig / fly boxes and it'll get you all to come back home ! ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #302 on: Jul 12, 2010, 02:06 PM »
OK so here's your laugh for the day Trap and RG. As well as the rest of the gang. You can't laugh any harder than I did until the first fish grabbed it.

Like I said before, it is a variation of Trappers  clouser, yes variation, that if you have a very extremely vivid imagination, and maybe spent a few hours at rock concerts in the '70's you can see it. ::) :-\ :o
It's a little chewed up now, took it back to the river this morning and they loved it again. This time they wanted it stripped kind of quickly, kind of like a darter. I wish I had the patience for fly fishing like I do trolling. I bet I wouldn't be half bad. Just have to get RG or Trap to tie my flies.... :unsure: 8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #303 on: Jul 12, 2010, 03:54 PM »
There's nothing prettier than a chewed up skeleton of a fly. That's why I always leave one home when I'm experimenting with new patterns ;D

RG

I was supposed to work tonight...but the materials didn't come in........

I'm headed back to the stream!

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #304 on: Jul 12, 2010, 04:11 PM »
ifish  i  wouldn't  laugh!!!!  looks  like  it  could  be  used  as  a hopper  or  a  muddler minnow!  

heres  one  of  my  better  summer  patterns    sorry the  cam  doesn't  show  detail  better ,  it's  a  basic  foam  cricket

start  with  a  streamer  hook   mustad  9672   in  size 8 you  can   use  what  ever hook  you wishand  size  depending  how  big you want  the  fly

start  thread   worh  to  back ...  tail  is  black  goose  bots   body  is   black  2mm  foam  which i  super  glue    together    shank is in  between ...  segment  the  body   with  the  thread   working  forward  ...   3/4  way  add    black  deer  hair  for the  wing  point  it   froward   and  wrap it  good!  apply  super  glue  let  try   then  fold  it  back  toward  the  rear  of  the  hook  this  forms  the  wing and  head! wrap  a  few  times add  rubber   legs    whip  finish the  head  and  cement  ....very  easy  fly  and    in mid  to late  summer  it's a  great  pattern....  gamma  jigs  are  for  opportunist  :rotflol: ...now   shhhh  grown ups  are  talking

another  summer  favorite   the  whitlock hopper
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Gamma Fish

« Reply #305 on: Jul 12, 2010, 04:29 PM »
ifish  i  wouldn't  laugh!!!!  looks  like  it  could  be  used  as  a hopper  or  a  muddler minnow!  

heres  one  of  my  better  summer  patterns    sorry the  cam  doesn't  show  detail  better ,  it's  a  basic  foam  cricket

start  with  a  streamer  hook   mustad  9672   in  size 8 you  can   use  what  ever hook  you wishand  size  depending  how  big you want  the  fly

start  thread   worh  to  back ...  tail  is  black  goose  bots   body  is   black  2mm  foam  which i  super  glue    together    shank is in  between ...  segment  the  body   with  the  thread   working  forward  ...   3/4  way  add    black  deer  hair  for the  wing  point  it   froward   and  wrap it  good!  apply  super  glue  let  try   then  fold  it  back  toward  the  rear  of  the  hook  this  forms  the  wing and  head! wrap  a  few  times add  rubber   legs    whip  finish the  head  and  cement  ....very  easy  fly  and    in mid  to late  summer  it's a  great  pattern....  gamma  jigs  are  for  opportunist  :rotflol: ...now   shhhh  grown ups  are  talk.

You're gonna make me get my camera out and start taking pictures of my flies and other insect / fish duplicating baits that even RG has never seen !

Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

« Reply #306 on: Jul 12, 2010, 04:34 PM »
first  i  ain't   making  ya  do  anything  second  why  didn't ya  do it on yer own????  you holding  back   huh ....oh  pre  molded  plastic   don't  count   :rotflol: :rotflol:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #307 on: Jul 12, 2010, 06:19 PM »
Bring it on!

;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #308 on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:03 PM »
first  i  ain't   making  ya  do  anything  second  why  didn't ya  do it on yer own????  you holding  back   huh ....oh  pre  molded  plastic   don't  count   :rotflol: :rotflol:
The only thing that's "Pre Molded" around is your brain !    As in old and moldy  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  You know my hand painting !  Now just imagine that on tiny flies, poppers and other fishy looking creatures that I tied, epoxied, glued, etc, etc  ;) ;)
I can't give out all my secrets so you'll have to use your imagination.................what's left of it  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #309 on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:30 PM »
LOL, My brain is as sharp as a 20 year old. Got the body of a 30 year old, The....
What were we talking about???

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #310 on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:35 PM »
I love this one here. Gamma...put your game where the pie hole is brother! ;)

trapper2000

« Reply #311 on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:40 PM »
The only thing that's "Pre Molded" around is your brain !    As in old and moldy  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  You know my hand painting !  Now just imagine that on tiny flies, poppers and other fishy looking creatures that I tied, epoxied, glued, etc, etc  ;) ;)
I can't give out all my secrets so you'll have to use your imagination.................what's left of it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

oh  i  see  ... i  never had  to  paint,epoxy  or glue  to  cover  up my  mistakes   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

were  not  taking  chunks  of  lead   just  feather  hair  and  a lil  foam  ...i  think  you been  smoking that  mold  again  lolllllll

Gamma Fish

« Reply #312 on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:51 PM »
I love this one here. Gamma...put your game where the pie hole is brother! ;)
Settle down Grasshopper ! ;D   That old f#rt needs no encouragment !!   ;D ;D ;D

oh  i  see  ... i  never had  to  paint,epoxy  or glue  to  cover  up my  mistakes  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

were  not  taking  chunks  of  lead   just  feather  hair  and  a lil  foam  ...i  think  you been  smoking that  mold  again  lolllllll
Have you looked in the mirror lately ?    ;D ;D ;D ;D   It's gonna take a couple gallons of epoxy to cover your head ! ;D ;D ;D

PS:    None of my micro creations have any weight added other than a few wraps of wire or a set of bead eyes.  Most of what I used to make were floaters...........................just like you if you keep it up  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #313 on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:56 PM »
 :flex: :pinch:
Cool the wife just made popcorn too.....

Gamma Fish

« Reply #314 on: Jul 12, 2010, 09:00 PM »
OK, here's a picture of a few fishy looking creatures that I tied up and painted a few years back.     They catch everything that swims in these parts !     Sizes were from # 14 to # 10

Plastics are Fantastic !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.