FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561088 times)

Gamma Fish

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #330 on: Jul 13, 2010, 02:47 PM »
Still ain't seen no flies! Cough up suckah! ;D

There's some feather and hackle tied to some of those "fry flies" !     Cripes, Ray Charles can glue a hunk of foam to a hook or spin on a feather or two and make it look presentable !   Try painting some of those patterns on such small baits.................with a brush !! ;D ;D
  Trapper shakes like a kid who's had to pee for a week !  He's not able ! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch

« Reply #331 on: Jul 13, 2010, 03:29 PM »
OK, here's a picture of a few fishy looking creatures that I tied up and painted a few years back.     They catch everything that swims in these parts !     Sizes were from # 14 to # 10

THOSE LOOK GOOD GAMMA..... IN MY JIG BOX!!! THANK YOU!!!--KP ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #332 on: Jul 13, 2010, 03:42 PM »
  a  perfect  tied   size  24  adams  ....  sorry  gamma  yer  size  10  are  ok  for  meat  fisherman   and  oppertunist  i  guess...   please  note  the  hand  painted   eyes  and  pupils  on  this  fly  i  even   made  the  eyes  bloodshot  :rotflol: :rotflol:

the  adams  in  sizes  12  to 18  is  a must  in  every  flyfishermans   box

RG  i    have  a  set  of  mayfly  wing  burners  ...well  worth  the  money   be   very  easy  to  make  a  set  

please  note  this  is  a  fly  not  a  jig  ...............                                            life  is  good
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

1fish@atime

« Reply #333 on: Jul 13, 2010, 05:57 PM »
Bloodshot eyes??  Are you calling this the gamadams pattern Trap???

Gamma Fish

« Reply #334 on: Jul 13, 2010, 06:02 PM »
 a  perfect  tied   size  24  adams  ....  sorry  gamma  yer  size  10  are  ok  for  meat  fisherman   and  oppertunist  i  guess...   please  note  the  hand  painted   eyes  and  pupils  on  this  fly  i  even   made  the  eyes  bloodshot  :rotflol: :rotflol:

please  note  this  is  a  fly  not  a  jig  ...............                                            life  is  good

From a Self Portrait ?   ;D ;D ;D

OK snapperhead !     I'm gonna start looking for my long retired creations that you would consider a fly !       They're stashed somewhere around here !  Gotta do something to quiet you down because you're starting to sound a lot like Zippy.....................again ! ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #335 on: Jul 13, 2010, 06:06 PM »
We have to get you a better camera...

I love tying the "itty bittys"...takes 3 pairs of cheaters...but I can see them. It's an effort in minimalism. The best fly for the bluegills on Monday was a #20 ant of my own  creation. Hope I can remember how I tied them. I didn't put one away as I usually do.

Meat fishermen never change Trap ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

1fish@atime

« Reply #336 on: Jul 13, 2010, 06:15 PM »
Heck I can't even tell which end of the hook to put in the vice....
Tied a few black gnats when my glasses were new. Good thing, can't even see the hooks in my box now....

Gamma Fish

« Reply #337 on: Jul 13, 2010, 06:17 PM »
We have to get you a better camera...

I love tying the "itty bittys"...takes 3 pairs of cheaters...but I can see them. It's an effort in minimalism. The best fly for the bluegills on Monday was a #20 ant of my own  creation. Hope I can remember how I tied them. I didn't put one away as I usually do.

Meat fishermen never change Trap ;D

RG
That's why I believe it's Trappers twin brother...........(or sister) who's posting all the fly pictures ! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

« Reply #338 on: Jul 13, 2010, 06:47 PM »
RG  1  Fish  and  even  gamma  ...  as  i  got  older  size  20 hooks  got  smaller !!!!  so  i  went  to    joannes  fabrics  and   bought  a  clamp  on  magnifing  glass  !!!!!  man  it's  the  bomb!  i  can  adjust  it  any  way  i  want   or  quickly  push  it  out  of  the  way  ...think i  payed  less  then  20  bucks  for  it ...being  a  old   fart  i  have  learned  to  take  advantage  of   anything that helps. RG  i'm  using  my  cell  phone   or  the  web  cam  neither  one  is  very  crisp ....any  suggestions  on a  decent   camera ????  i  have  no idea  what  i  want.
   now  for  mr  gamma  ...  you paint  a  great  jig  !!!  look  great  buddy  ,  but  i  ain't  a  kid  and  it  ain't  my  first  rodeo ...  a  great  paint  job  is  to  catch    fisherman  not  fish and  thats  the  gods  honest  truth  and  we  both  know  it  :rotflol:  ain't  it  a   son  of  a  gun  i  don't  fall  for  your  lines  lol  give  me  a  old  jig  a  whooper   or  cady  jig  in  nitro  glo  i'll  fill  a  bucket  ...so  easy  gamma   could  do it !!!! now  a  exercise  in  trust  you lean  back  and  we'll  catch  you  :rotflol: :rotflol:

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #339 on: Jul 13, 2010, 06:50 PM »
do not ever turn your back on that guy Trapper. good stuff right there man. now lets talk about ice fishing rods man  ??? not much time left  ??? ??? 8)

1fish@atime

« Reply #340 on: Jul 13, 2010, 06:55 PM »
God my sides hurt.....
As for a camera Trap. I just got a new Polaroid 10 Mp with ten minutes of video. With a 2 gig card was less then 70.00.
Tiger Direct. Seems to work ok

trapper2000

« Reply #341 on: Jul 13, 2010, 06:55 PM »
do not ever turn your back on that guy Trapper. good stuff right there man. now lets talk about ice fishing rods man  ??? not much time left  ??? ??? 8)

you  and  yer   boy  are  covered  ht   ...so  is  kp  and  kp  jr!!!!  i'm  going  to  order  some  more  rod  blanks  and   jig  blanks  this  coming week    but  i'm  also  ordering  2   fly  rod  blanks  lol  i'm  deep  into  flyfishing mode ....  no  ht  i  want  gamma  to  lean  back ....  you'll help  me  catch him  right  :rotflol: :thumbup_smilie:  ....nice  1 fish

1fish@atime

« Reply #342 on: Jul 13, 2010, 06:57 PM »
Forgot to add, it has Anti shake......

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #343 on: Jul 13, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Trap.....I have a high end camera we bring to social events and places we feel we can be responsible with it, and I also have an 89 dollar Samsung SL30 that I use on my adventures, dang thing has been swimming with me in the rapids at caudenoy dam, been skinny dipping with me in a buddys hot tub....and it's like the energizer bunny. Keeps on ticking. All these pics I post on here are from the Samsung. I went to walmart and bought a carrying case for it also...good investment! ;D

As far as your cell phone pics go, I would recommend cleaning the tar and nicotine off the lens piece first.....it just may take a good quality pic :rotflol: :w00t:

trapper2000

« Reply #344 on: Jul 13, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Trap.....I have a high end camera we bring to social events and places we feel we can be responsible with it, and I also have an 89 dollar Samsung SL30 that I use on my adventures, dang thing has been swimming with me in the rapids at caudenoy dam, been skinny dipping with me in a buddys hot tub....and it's like the energizer bunny. Keeps on ticking. All these pics I post on here are from the Samsung. I went to walmart and bought a carrying case for it also...good investment! ;D

As far as your cell phone pics go, I would recommend cleaning the tar and nicotine off the lens piece first.....it just may take a good quality pic :rotflol: :w00t:

i  quit  buddy  :) been  about  a  week...still  puff  the  pipe  once  in  awhile  or  a  cigar  tho

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.