FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560870 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #345 on: Jul 13, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Here is a pic from the Samsung showing a couple ice rods an Ol' buzzard made me towards the end of last Ice season.....wonder who made them for me? HT eat your heart out brother..... These Buzzards show me respect.... for some darn reason? ::)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #346 on: Jul 13, 2010, 07:22 PM »
got  to  show  ht  some  respect  too  .....  he  proved  his  worthness   steelhead  fishing  with a  3  foot  ultralite   ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #347 on: Jul 13, 2010, 07:26 PM »
got  to  show  ht  some  respect  too  .....  he  proved  his  worthness   steelhead  fishing  with a  3  foot  ultralite   ;D

He deserves some love Trap.....  That man does put his time in, and is a genuine good fellow! But isn't HT so much fun to bust on? Maybe even funner than me? ;D

Gamma Fish

« Reply #348 on: Jul 13, 2010, 07:49 PM »
Here ya go you grouchy old coot !     Guess which finger the # 18 fly is on ?    Salute !

Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #349 on: Jul 13, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Your to kind to me Trap. you let that anti shake go....??????
All kidding aside, I've had great luck with tiger direct. Even got free shipping by using Google check out on the Camera.
Good Job quiting!!! I need to bad. Down to half a pack a day, I just don't want to quit and balloon up to 300lbs.
220 is bad enough LOL
WOW Trap, theres those fly boxes you were looking for.... ;D
Just kiddin Gamma, Those are a lot better than anything I tie. Nice looking Dunn's.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #350 on: Jul 13, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Here ya go you grouchy old coot !     Guess which finger the # 18 fly is on ?    Salute !

nice flys there  Gamma are they for looks or are they made for fishing  ??? ??? ???

trapper2000

« Reply #351 on: Jul 13, 2010, 08:10 PM »
wow  ....  i  am  sorta  flattered  ... it's  actually  cute   gamma  went  out  and  got  some  flies   just  so  he  could  hang  out  with  me!!!!!  ok ok  gamma   you  can hang  with the  big  boys   but  you  still  have  to shhhh  when  grown  ups  are  talking  ....ohhh  1  fish    i  was  to  busy  shaking  to  read  what  ya  wrote    lol  ...  i  will  check  it  out   and  thank  you i  really  do  need  a  camera your  pictures  come  out  good .... i  would   like  to  take  some  pictures  of  different  flies   for  myself  and  have  the  details  clear    then  store  in my  journals....  thanks  buddy  .....

Gamma Fish

« Reply #352 on: Jul 13, 2010, 08:28 PM »
Here's a few better pictures of the bugs from my experimental days !     They were made specifically for dumb fish like bass  ;D ;D
  Notice the worlds smallest spinner bait on the top left !   Another Gamma brainstorm from 25 years ago  ;D ;D  

Plastics are Fantastic !

Gamma Fish

« Reply #353 on: Jul 13, 2010, 08:38 PM »
nice flys there  Gamma are they for looks or are they made for fishing  ??? ??? ???
They haven't seen action in at least 15 years  :o :o     Anyway, fly fishing is for sissy's...................and guys who drink Hieneken   :whistling: :whistling: ;D ;D ;D ;)

WOW Trap, theres those fly boxes you were looking for.... ;D
Just kiddin Gamma, Those are a lot better than anything I tie. Nice looking Dunn's.

1Fish.    I tied those flys about 20 years ago when my eyes still worked like a hawks !    The fly boxes smell like moth balls now  :o :o ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

« Reply #354 on: Jul 13, 2010, 08:39 PM »
now  were  talking   gamma  ...basicly  you  have   glass  minnows  almost  a salt  water  pattern  but  effective  on  bass  .....   the  spinner fly  sorry  no  credit  ,they  were  being  tied  way  before  we  were  born  and  fished  in the  famous  catskill  streams  , interesting     the  flatfish   orignally   was a  flyfishing  idea ....

trapper2000

« Reply #355 on: Jul 13, 2010, 09:52 PM »
now  i'm not  100%  sure  but  as  i  look  at  gammas   flies  the  bee  pattern  is  simple  a  janns net  craft   ice  ant  lead  jig body  !!!!   gamma  shame  shame  shame  !!!!!!  why  would  you  even  try???????  :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:  thats  not  a  flie!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #356 on: Jul 13, 2010, 10:01 PM »
Lotta love going down here now!!! Good stuff boys.! :P :P

Gamma Fish

« Reply #357 on: Jul 14, 2010, 01:22 AM »
now  i'm not  100%  sure  but  as  i  look  at  gammas   flies  the  bee  pattern  is  simple  a  janns net  craft   ice  ant  lead  jig body  !!!!   gamma  shame  shame  shame  !!!!!!  why  would  you  even  try???????  :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:  thats  not  a  flie!
Must be you're reading every other post or line !    I said it before and I'll say it again........every one of those creations are floaters !
  That bee was made long before Jann's ever had the ant body to sell.   20 years or so to be exact !   It floats......like a dead bass  :whistling: :whistling:

Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #358 on: Jul 14, 2010, 01:39 AM »
What fly rod blanks did you order Trap?

Fly wars....I love it!

"Fly fishing is for sissys..."  Say what you like about fly fishing...but leave my Heineken alone >:(

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #359 on: Jul 14, 2010, 04:59 AM »
They haven't seen action in at least 15 years  :o :o     Anyway, fly fishing is for sissy's...................and guys who drink Hieneken   :whistling: :whistling: ;D ;D ;D ;)
1Fish.    I tied those flys about 20 years ago when my eyes still worked like a hawks !    The fly boxes smell like moth balls now  :o :o ;D
just for the record i do NOT drink hieneken :sick: :sick:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.