FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560717 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #360 on: Jul 14, 2010, 06:56 AM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: janns  netcraft  was  selling  those  ice  ant  blanks  when i  was  in high  school  ..... oh boy  gamma  ...it's  yer  story    tell it  like  ya  want  so   the  rest  of  us  can  go back  to  sharing  information  and  and  discussing  flyfishing .....  i'll  get  you a  new  bluto zebco  pole  later......FM  you been  flyfishing  about a month now ...see  why they  have  flyfishing  areas  only?
  hey  how  come  gamma  isn't  out  fishing  for those  deep water  crappies? today  i'm  hitting  a   small lake  up north  no limit  on gills   little  deeper  water , bead  head  nymphs  i think ......and remeber  paint  is like  bait  it's  for  "OPPERTUNIST" .

life is good........

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #361 on: Jul 14, 2010, 07:09 AM »
got  to  show  ht  some  respect  too  .....  he  proved  his  worthness   steelhead  fishing  with a  3  foot  ultralite   ;D
world record ultralite trout was taken on a 4 foot ul rod and and a little fly. the trout weighed 40 pounds 4 ounces!!!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

trapper2000

« Reply #362 on: Jul 14, 2010, 07:20 AM »
and  i think  HT  could  do it !  he  spanked  on those  steelies  ..... and  we  both laughed  our  behinds  off ...kp jr  we'll show  you  where the  place  is, HT  and i  are  just  careful  because  we  try to keep the " oppertunist " out!

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #363 on: Jul 14, 2010, 07:23 AM »
and  i think  HT  could  do it !  he  spanked  on those  steelies  ..... and  we  both laughed  our  behinds  off ...kp jr  we'll show  you  where the  place  is, HT  and i  are  just  careful  because  we  try to keep the " oppertunist " out!
That would be fun. Steelie on a 3ft rod. SERIOUSLY!!!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #364 on: Jul 14, 2010, 07:36 AM »
What a great way to get my work day going. I gotta start tying fly's now, so I can come up with some valid arguments.

Nevermind....I'd never win one against you old coots. I'll continue reading and laughing my behind off ;D

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #365 on: Jul 14, 2010, 09:31 AM »
That would be fun. Steelie on a 3ft rod. SERIOUSLY!!!!!
Thats right Trapper would not lie about something like that buddy. there is only a small hand full of people in the world that could land fish of that caliper on that light tackle. and NO NET either! its your turn next year buddy - i will run the camera. we can make a video  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #366 on: Jul 14, 2010, 10:13 AM »
What fly rod blanks did you order Trap?

Fly wars....I love it!

"Fly fishing is for sissys..."  Say what you like about fly fishing...but leave my Heineken alone >:(

RG
Must be you didn't get that quote but I meant it to be a compliment  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:     If you're gonna fly fish, you'd better drink Hieneken and not that sissy beer   ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Gamma Fish

« Reply #367 on: Jul 14, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Thats right Trapper would not lie about something like that buddy. there is only a small hand full of people in the world that could land fish of that caliper on that light tackle. and NO NET either! its your turn next year buddy - i will run the camera. we can make a video  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
You do brake jobs too ?   :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: ::) ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Gamma Fish

« Reply #368 on: Jul 14, 2010, 10:24 AM »
:rotflol: :rotflol: janns  netcraft  was  selling  those  ice  ant  blanks  when i  was  in high  school  ..... oh boy  gamma  ...it's  yer  story    tell it  like  ya  want  so   the  rest  of  us  can  go back  to  sharing  information  and  and  discussing  flyfishing .....  i'll  get  you a  new  bluto zebco  pole  later......FM  you been  flyfishing  about a month now ...see  why they  have  flyfishing  areas  only?
  hey  how  come  gamma  isn't  out  fishing  for those  deep water  crappies? today  i'm  hitting  a   small lake  up north  no limit  on gills   little  deeper  water , bead  head  nymphs  i think ......and remeber  paint  is like  bait  it's  for  "OPPERTUNIST" .

life is good........

Prove it Pop's !      Janns didn't buy Netcraft until the mid 90's and it was only shortly before that when Netcraft offered that style lead bodied ant..  Matter of fact, it was a company called Sporting Displays out of S.Dakota who Netcraft and then Janns/Netcraft bought their lead bodied ice jigs from.  Same place where major tackle manufacturer buy from.
   Show me an old Netcraft (pre Janns / pre 1994) with those bodies in it and I'll buy your coffee for a week !     

Oh yeah................after you're done catching those gills, stop at the dollar store and buy a bigger hat  ;D ;D ;D ::) ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #369 on: Jul 14, 2010, 11:05 AM »
Hey Trapper....been working on some sculpin patterns....whatcha think? Any suggestions?

Boy...I didn't know I was so defensive about my beverage choice. Really I prefer Anchor Porter or Guinness drafts.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #370 on: Jul 14, 2010, 11:10 AM »
  from  janns  netcraft  catolog!

Serving Sportsmen since 1941

Three generations of fishermen have come to Netcraft with their fishing tackle needs. With thousands of different components, materials, tools and accessories in stock, we are the largest source of fishing tackle components anywhere. Lure makers, fly tyers, rod builders and net makers worldwide know us as the source for hard-to-find parts.

Serious fishermen know that we stock a wide selection of the newest, most innovative products in the sport fishing community. When you're looking for tackle that you've only heard about, look to Jann's Netcraft.

Jann's Netcraft is a registered trademark of Jann's Netcraft LLC. All rights are reserved.

i  bought  those  ant  blanks  back in the  80's  now  ya  know  ya  can't  beat me  with  brilliance   so  stop  tring to buffel  people  with  BS.... :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

rg  i  ordered  two  5  wt   8'6''  netcraft   im6  blanks  45  bucks  each ,i  don't  know  why  just seems  like  the  thing to  do  

trapper2000

« Reply #371 on: Jul 14, 2010, 11:12 AM »
i  like  them  rg !!!  weighted????  make  a  nice  gobie  pattern too  ....impressive

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #372 on: Jul 14, 2010, 11:35 AM »
IM6 is nice..a bit stiffer than some blanks. makes for some effortless casting.

The stream is way up and muddy so I have some bench time before golf. I'm gonna play with a couple of variations on the sculpin.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #373 on: Jul 14, 2010, 01:03 PM »
 from  janns  netcraft  catolog!

Serving Sportsmen since 1941

Three generations of fishermen have come to Netcraft with their fishing tackle needs. With thousands of different components, materials, tools and accessories in stock, we are the largest source of fishing tackle components anywhere. Lure makers, fly tyers, rod builders and net makers worldwide know us as the source for hard-to-find parts.

Serious fishermen know that we stock a wide selection of the newest, most innovative products in the sport fishing community. When you're looking for tackle that you've only heard about, look to Jann's Netcraft.

Jann's Netcraft is a registered trademark of Jann's Netcraft LLC. All rights are reserved.

i  bought  those  ant  blanks  back in the  80's  now  ya  know  ya  can't  beat me  with  brilliance   so  stop  tring to buffel  people  with  BS.... :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

rg  i  ordered  two  5  wt   8'6''  netcraft   im6  blanks  45  bucks  each ,i  don't  know  why  just seems  like  the  thing to  do  
Not from Netcraft you didn't ! ::) ::) ::)
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

« Reply #374 on: Jul 14, 2010, 01:12 PM »
ya  i  did!  i been  buying  from net craft  since  i was a kid!  now  i  but  it to you !  prove  i  didn't  ....i'd  like  sugar  with that coffee  no  cream ....  dunkin  donuts  will be  fine  ...and  a  little  hint   don't  talk poop  to  people that know  more  then you(which is  most) ...touche! 

RG  ya  did it now i have to  tie  some sculpins  up ...yer  fault this time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.