FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561482 times)

bigwilli

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #390 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:00 PM »
Because of this thread I have dipped my foot into the old f--t's play pool for the first time in 45 years. It took a little retraining of the old muscle memory but it soon started to come back to this old f--t. Thanks a lot for reminding me what great fun it  is  to tangle with Mr. Smallie on a fly rod.
     I used to do quite a bit of this on the North and South branch of Sandy Creek as a teenager. ;D ;D ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #391 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:05 PM »
Boy...you're too quick. Here's a couple of others that may "kick it up a notch.....BAM!"

Have fun. I can list materials if anyone wants them. I could do a step by step if it helps anyone.

RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #392 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Great stuff Bigwilli...makes my day to see an "Old Fart" smile like that ;D

We're always happy to enable another fly addict.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #393 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:09 PM »
Because of this thread I have dipped my foot into the old f--t's play pool for the first time in 45 years. It took a little retraining of the old muscle memory but it soon started to come back to this old f--t. Thanks a lot for reminding me what great fun it  is  to tangle with Mr. Smallie on a fly rod.
     I used to do quite a bit of this on the North and South branch of Sandy Creek as a teenager. ;D ;D ;D
fantastic right there for sure  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:  see RG-Trapper you guys tend to inspire alot of people including myself  ;D ;D

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #394 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:11 PM »
bigwilli  welcome  to  the   club ....     we  might  be  as  good  as  we  once  was  ...but  we  sure  have  fine   ...glad   you   got  back in man   ,nice  fish
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #395 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:13 PM »
ahhhhh  breaking  into  ginny  hen   now  huh   Rg  ...you  don't  play  fair  ...  thats  why  i like  you !!!!   as   old  farts   theres  on  simple  rule  " if  ya  ain't  cheatin  ,  ya  ain't  tring!"

life  is  good

H.T.

« Reply #396 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:15 PM »
bigwilli  welcome  to  the   club ....     we  might  be  as  good  as  we  once  was  ...but  we  sure  have  fine   ...glad   you   got  back in man   ,nice  fish
7 small mouths  ??? i thought the limit was five  ??? sorry now i sound like your buddy gamma  ??? ??? ??? ???  i dont know how to count sometimes either. oh ya that is when i am ice fishing  ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::)

trapper2000

« Reply #397 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:30 PM »
i  let  em  all  go  except  for  2  i  invited  to  dinner  ,   besides  i don't  think  gamma  has  ever  caught  over  a  limit  anyways   :rotflol:

KingPerch

« Reply #398 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:34 PM »
Trap, Jr. just informed me that GAMMA has a collection of SUPERMAN UNDEROOS coming!! LMAO!! What a kid!!--KP 8) GAMMA uses fatheads for smallies!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #399 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:36 PM »
I run out of fingers at 4...using the other hand for counting.........maybe we need a "fish calculator"

I always likes spots Trap ;D

RG

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #400 on: Jul 15, 2010, 07:26 PM »

I think that I may have just got a tear in my eye reading this post...... Welcome aboard bigwilli! ;D

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #401 on: Jul 15, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Oh, by the way....watch out for a few certain people on here, including myself ;D But the trouble makers are Trap, HT, Gamma, RG, 1Fish, prchslyer, SCG, Snagger, KP, and now KP JR.. Did I miss any one else?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #402 on: Jul 15, 2010, 07:43 PM »
Trouble maker....I'm a trouble maker ......and now lumped in with those incorrigible old reprobates.

Not sure what to think of that :-\

Gotta work on my image.
RG

H.T.

« Reply #403 on: Jul 15, 2010, 07:58 PM »
HT  ??? no do not include me on that. from what i saw it is all gammas fault  ;D ;D

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #404 on: Jul 15, 2010, 08:06 PM »
AND ME! FOR LAST NIGHTS POST.
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.