FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560950 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #435 on: Jul 18, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Still trying Trap.....One of these days, I'llget that Ol' son of a gun out there with me! ;)

1fish@atime

« Reply #436 on: Jul 19, 2010, 07:18 AM »
Went camping with 7 good friends this weekend. Left Friday morning at around 9am. Right after we had stopped to get last minute supplies at Stewarts and a cup of coffee. Had stuff to put in the cooler so leaned in the window of the truck to set my cup in the holder. Leaned on the door and pop!! Think I broke a rib..... Guess I "am" getting old!!...Still hurting pretty good. Made the best of it, didn't want to seem like a wimp...LOL Sleeping on the ground was out of the question Friday night so I slept in my truck with the seat reclined. Riding in the back of the row boat on very short seats was another adventure. Looked like the lake was turning over on Friday night. After raining all day while we tried to set up camp. Tried to throw a popper but wasn't happening with the rib. We caught a few smallies and some perch. All trolling for trout LOL. Saturday and Sunday it was nice for about an hour after sunrise then the wind would come up. Rowing was yet another extremely painful experience. But we had fun, ate like kings including shrimp scampi. Planning another trip in September. Maybe I'll be healed up by then and can work the fly rod...

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #437 on: Jul 19, 2010, 08:00 AM »
1fish ...this  concerns  me  you  should  go  get  check a  broken  rip  is a  dangerous  thing  you  don't  want a  collapsed  lung  buddy....hope  you  feel better  my  friend
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

1fish@atime

« Reply #438 on: Jul 19, 2010, 08:31 AM »
Thanks Trap, It isn't moving, can't feel it grinding like some I've had.
I have been taking it easy, not lifting a lot or doing anything strenuous.
They don't do much for them any more, used to wrap you up but learned that causes detachment more often that just letting it heal. I'm old but I'm tough...LOL OWWWWIE :'(

trapper2000

« Reply #439 on: Jul 19, 2010, 11:18 AM »
just  want  ya  health  1fish,  were  hooking  up   and  fishing  buddy!

1fish@atime

« Reply #440 on: Jul 19, 2010, 11:32 AM »
I would really like that Trap. Maybe I can get out that way this fall to try for salmon. Never been, would be fun just to watch or video some of you experts. Maybe you can even talk Gamma into fishing..... ;D

bogmanjr

• KET-CHEN-ENY ?
« Reply #441 on: Jul 19, 2010, 02:18 PM »
I have heard drinking lot's of cranberry juice helps a broken rib, If you were to drink it on a certain little pond I know of in Maine it work's even better. Hope your on the mend Oletimer, Old age is not for wimp's. ;D

1fish@atime

« Reply #442 on: Jul 19, 2010, 02:31 PM »
What do I mix with the cranberry juice? Have two bottles in the fridge. Hmmm have to check out the mixer site for a little pain relief this evening....
As long as there is no rowing involved Bogman were good to go... Thought we were going to have to wait until dark Saturday night to get into the launch. The poor young guy in the boat with me was trying to row into the wind with me(220lbs) and the battery and fish finder in the back of the boat. I finally told him to get in the front and I would row. We made it in, but I was done for the day...Probably not the smartest thing to do but a three mile walk around the lake back to camp didn't sound great either.

KingPerch

« Reply #443 on: Jul 19, 2010, 03:26 PM »
I would really like that Trap. Maybe I can get out that way this fall to try for salmon. Never been, would be fun just to watch or video some of you experts. Maybe you can even talk Gamma into fishing..... ;D
GAMMA DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH...... ONLY WISHES HE COULD FISH!!!!!! 8)--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #444 on: Jul 19, 2010, 04:32 PM »
Broke a couple ribs last summer camping at Fish Creek up there 1fish. Last time I play a game of adult kickball. Took the rest of the summer for the pain to go away.

1fish@atime

« Reply #445 on: Jul 19, 2010, 08:30 PM »
It's better this afternoon, still there but getting better. Thanks FM, we'll take it easy for a while.

trapper2000

« Reply #446 on: Jul 20, 2010, 07:26 AM »
1fish  ...  don't  talk  back   fm  and  i  both  have   mr KIA  degrees  .....    first  you  need     to  drink  plenty ,....  i  suggest   a  good    brand  beer  ,  heineken  will   work ....  second  i  want  you  relaxing !   i  suggest  sitting  at  a  fly  bench  ... this  will  relax  you  physically   and  refreash  your  spirts  as   you  will  be   productive ...  soon  you  to  will   earn  a  degree   in  MR  KIA   (  mister   know  it  all)  ....  you   just  take  care  of  yer  self  mister  ....want  to  see  you  back  in  action  soon! 

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #447 on: Jul 20, 2010, 07:31 AM »
Oh man trap! That is a classic!
I've never heard of Mr KIA. ::)
Maybe I'm a lil young.
I'll be writing that one down for use at a later date. ;D
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

trapper2000

« Reply #448 on: Jul 20, 2010, 07:53 AM »
i  use  to   be  in  search  of  new  patterns    awaiting  new  flyfishing   articals   to  come  out,  thanks  to  the  internet   thats   not  the  case  anymore ...  here  is  a   link     it  take  you   to  a  site  which  i  get  many  patterns  and   tips

http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/patterns/fly_tying.php

hope  you  guys  enjoy  it   and  it  helps  you  out  

http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/patterns/fly_tying.php

hey  prchsylr    guess  i  did  it  huh   :rotflol: :rotflol:

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #449 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:17 AM »
Sweetness! 'Ya got it Trap!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.