FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560613 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #450 on: Jul 20, 2010, 12:25 PM »
1 Fish,
I feel your pain! I've suffered bruised, separated and broken ribs several times over the years. The last was an AtV incident during which the machine ( for no apparent reason other than spite) decided to end up squarely on top of me  after throwing me off backwards. I separated a rib on my left side and can feel phantom pain as I type this. Sorry to say, but it took nearly a year to heal. I found an elastic chest band about 10" wide that helped support the injured parts during recovery.

On another occasion I was chasing down my beagle, Miss Beasley, who escaped her collar and took off like a beagle bullet for the woods. My wife, the dog and I had been relaxing in the pool with some summer beverages, and when the beagle took off I tackled her and slammed into a tree stump resulting in several bruised ribs and a serious hangover. (I would have had the hangover anyways)

Ibuprofen will help reduce the swelling , I don't like to eat that stuff so I went with ice packs. Take 3 parts water and 1 part isopropyl alcohol   
In a freezer bag (I use a vacuum seal bag) and freeze. It will turn into a nice slush that will form to the area. Put it in a towel and ice for 20 minutes or so as many times a day as you can. This will help a lot!

Gradually start stretching. Parts tend to contract as they heal so you need to stretch it out when it becomes tolerable. NO HEAVY LIFTING! this WILL impede the healing process.

While quantities of consumed alcohol may well make you feel better in general, be careful of that loss of balance ::) Knob Creek Bourbon would be my prescription.....and a comfy chair ;D......maybe a nice Onyx cigar....about a 50 ring Churchill ;D

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm!

I speak from a lot of unfortunate experience.....mostly self inflicted.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

1fish@atime

« Reply #451 on: Jul 20, 2010, 12:30 PM »
Rolling on the floor laughing doesn't help RG!! OOOWWWWWIIIEEE :rotflol:
I was feeling a bit better yesterday, but must have done something while sleeping last night. Dang thing is throbbing today. But I still took my walk, had my coffee with the gang at Stewies. The over 70 crowd is in on Tuesday mornings. They made me an honorary member today seeing how my bones are breaking from my own body weight. LOL

1fish@atime

« Reply #452 on: Jul 20, 2010, 12:38 PM »
According to all my friends, family, and people I meet on the street I epitomize Mr. KIA. LOL
Way to go with the links Trap!! Your almost a full fledged internet guru!! Now when you start posting via your blackberry.....
Thought about the fly table, but it involves, a.) getting off the couch, and b.) holding my arm up at a very uncomfortable angle for far to long. Got to remember, I only tie one fly every two hours...... Even then only Stevie would know what it was by looking at it....LOL
God gotta stop laughing..... :pinch: :pinch: :P

KingPerch

« Reply #453 on: Jul 20, 2010, 03:43 PM »
i  use  to   be  in  search  of  new  patterns    awaiting  new  flyfishing   articals   to  come  out,  thanks  to  the  internet   thats   not  the  case  anymore ...  here  is  a   link     it  take  you   to  a  site  which  i  get  many  patterns  and   tips

http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/patterns/fly_tying.php

hope  you  guys  enjoy  it   and  it  helps  you  out  

http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/patterns/fly_tying.php

hey  prchsylr    guess  i  did  it  huh   :rotflol: :rotflol:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: By George Trap, You got it!!!!--KP ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #454 on: Jul 20, 2010, 03:48 PM »
Hey...I saw the link (one saved in my favorites already) but it didn't register that Trapper posted that link........No stopping him now :thumbup_smilie:

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #455 on: Jul 20, 2010, 03:51 PM »
i'm  a  gosh  darned   internet  guru  now   RG !
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #456 on: Jul 20, 2010, 03:57 PM »
Cool Trapper! You can take over as MOD on the shanty this season....someone's gonna have to replace me.

1 fish,
Laughter is good for the circulation and thus promotes healing ;D

I have breakfast in my friends restaurant every day I can as I have for the last 25 years or so. Is there anything more fun than a bunch of grumpy old farts doing their breakfast routines together?  I seem to be the resident "KIA" of our group. The guys are always asking me how to do something. I give them an answer....even if it's probably wrong ;D

Breakfast buddies are the best!
RG

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #457 on: Jul 20, 2010, 04:05 PM »
  YA  ALL  HEAR  THAT !!!  i'm  going  to  be  a  ice  shanty  mod  ....  ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  gammaaaaaaaaaa   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Gamma Fish

« Reply #458 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:47 PM »
  YA  ALL  HEAR  THAT !!!  i'm  going  to  be  a  ice  shanty  mod  ....  ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  gammaaaaaaaaaa   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Cool Trapper! You can take over as MOP in the shanty this season....someone's gonna have to replace me.

Hey Trapp.   Clean your glasses.  It didn't say Mod ! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #459 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Good at circulating the pain from my right side through the left up to the shoulder and out my back LOL.....

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #460 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:56 PM »
By golly Rg! We've created a monster!
Two posts in a row with everything spelled correctly! ;D
What's next? Periods and commas?
All in fun man. Most everything I've learned about these overpriced digital boxes has been on the forums.
If not for fishing, I would have no use for them.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #461 on: Jul 21, 2010, 02:10 AM »
Good at circulating the pain from my right side through the left up to the shoulder and out my back LOL.....
If age doesn't teach you anything else, you learn that the pain means you're still kicking!

Trapper, I'd never ask to inflict that particular pain (moderating) on you. You'd end up hating me........again ;D Thanks for the tips on spinning deer hair. I' found a good deal on a bunch of elk hair in different colors on ebay.

The addiction continues.  :P

RG

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #462 on: Jul 21, 2010, 04:58 AM »
If age doesn't teach you anything else, you learn that the pain means you're still kicking!

Trapper, I'd never ask to inflict that particular pain (moderating) on you. You'd end up hating me........again ;D Thanks for the tips on spinning deer hair. I' found a good deal on a bunch of elk hair in different colors on ebay.

The addiction continues.  :P

RG
Now I see how it is! ::)
We'll inflict that particular pain on the young buzzards!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #463 on: Jul 21, 2010, 07:15 AM »
Maybe you're getting a bit older....you're getting smarter anyway ;D

RG

1fish@atime

« Reply #464 on: Jul 21, 2010, 07:20 AM »
I've been mentoring as well as I can RG.
Was thinking I better get down there to fish for a day with him, may be easier to pass on my elder views to him on a stream or pond somewhere. LOL
On second thought, through email is better. He may see through my seemingly expertice as the BS it truly is...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.