FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561862 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #480 on: Jul 22, 2010, 03:47 PM »
A couple of experimental flies Trap. Gonna try them in a while....had a nice siesta ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #481 on: Jul 22, 2010, 03:53 PM »
RG  they  look  great!!!!!   when  ya  get  back  we  need  a  report!!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #482 on: Jul 22, 2010, 05:37 PM »
The bumble bee pattern was outstanding. Bunch of gills and 2 largemouth. The black and white worked for a while and the brown/black took a couple of smallish smallmouth. They didn't seem too interested in the orange...which surprised me.

Quick trip to the testing hole ;D

Time to eat :P

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #483 on: Jul 22, 2010, 05:55 PM »

Dinner don't look bad either....Tandori Naan flatbread pizza ;D

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm!

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #484 on: Jul 22, 2010, 06:10 PM »
it   should  actually  hinder  you  more  then  help!   your  best   bet  id   get  a  rocket  taper...or  weight  forward  also   wax  your   pole  and   guides   regularly  sounds   silly  but  it  helps  ...  i  use  car  wax  it  also  helps   guides  from  freezing  later  on
Thanks Trap, Gotta change my line!! Gotta check which line I put on that 9wt. of mine!! Tightlines--KP ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

« Reply #485 on: Jul 22, 2010, 07:15 PM »
RG  one  think  i  said  about  the  foam  bee's  i  believe  it's  the  color!!!   i  always   catch  fish  on  yellow  and  black  ,  keep  track  and  see  if  it  holds  true  with  you  also

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #486 on: Jul 22, 2010, 07:29 PM »
RG  one  think  i  said  about  the  foam  bee's  i  believe  it's  the  color!!!   i  always   catch  fish  on  yellow  and  black  ,  keep  track  and  see  if  it  holds  true  with  you  also

The same one's worked well for me RG and Trap. (foam bee's that Trap made for me). Mark that one in the books as a true, tried and tested success!

RG, sorry, I'll try to rid myself of the mushy crud, just get a little happy at times reading the man love Trap and you have lately! :whistling: Just picking guys. ;)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #487 on: Jul 22, 2010, 07:31 PM »
Oh, by the way.....Sweet looking pizza there RG.
Made stuffed chops, and sauteed squash and zucchini from HT's garden for dinner tonight! Thanks HT

trapper2000

« Reply #488 on: Jul 22, 2010, 07:39 PM »
  man  love????  i  think  it's  more  like  grumpy  old  men   ...we  just   keep  enabling  each  others  addiction  :rotflol:.....whats  nice  for  me  is   to  get  people   re interested  or  interested  in  flyfishing ...  ya  got  to  pass  the  faith  or  rekindle  it  ..... besides   you  could  put  a  eye  out  with  a  casting  bobber....   hey  it  is  nice  for  me     i'm  copying  RG's  flies  now  i  must  have  tied  4  doz  sculptins   now  i'll  be    tying   the  woven ones  ....  i'm  working  on  a  bass  fly  ...a  salamander  ...i  figure  if  a  rubber  lizard  works   on a  texas  rig  a  weighted  one  worked  slow  should too

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #489 on: Jul 22, 2010, 08:28 PM »
I dig what you are saying Trap! I still got a bunch to learn from ya Ol' guys! Anytime ya get by my area, feel free to stop in and have a quality cup of Joe! On the house. Payment will be alot of teaching the grasshopper! ;)

1fish@atime

« Reply #490 on: Jul 22, 2010, 09:05 PM »
Still getting my daily chuckles here.
Pizza looked awesome RG!!
Spent the afternoon at the farmers market with the bride. Then worked on the name on the boat. Will post it on the boat thread.
Have a no. 10 bumble bee ready to go on the rod. Found this time of year sometimes bigger is better. Watched a neat show on the fishing network last night. They were catching big brookies in Labrador with mice!! Big beautiful deer hair mice!!

trapper2000

« Reply #491 on: Jul 23, 2010, 02:25 PM »
geez   fm  i guess  we  can  teach  ya ...lession  one  don't  listen  to  gamma  !!!!  where  is  the  old  long  haired  knucklehead  anyways ????

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #492 on: Jul 23, 2010, 04:31 PM »
He says he is in mental therapy from trying to read your posts? ;)

seriously, he is on the other side of my counter hanging out in the A/C laughing at me

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #493 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:12 AM »
geez   fm  i guess  we  can  teach  ya ...lession  one  don't  listen  to  gamma  !!!!  where  is  the  old  long  haired  knucklehead  anyways ????
Lesson Two: Listen to Trap!!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

Gamma Fish

« Reply #494 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:21 PM »
Lesson Two: Listen to Trap!!!!
You keep listening to that old coot and you'll be walking around in circles like one foot is nailed to the floor ! ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.